Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

eimerom wrote:
    Thanks Dee. Haven't really used any syns all week cause was filling up fairly well on the speed and free foods and didn't feel the hunger/need. Definitely no more than 10 altogether all week. I think I will be better this week and get the hang of it a bit better and hopefully that will make a difference. Also drank a lot of water this afternoon which may have impacted on the weight too but I'll be more careful of that too next week.

Syns are the third step of the plan: you should use 5 to 15 a day. My consultant goes as far as to say that your syns are as important as your speed foods :D
    I'm like a broken record but it really does work to use them, and I think it makes things more sustainable in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I definitely agree with you Dee, at the start I wouldn't lose as much if I didn't have all my syns. I also think it gives you something to maybe reduce if/when you hit a plateau during or towards the end of you reaching goal..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am so over the moon today, I weighed in earlier than normal and I lost 3lbs!! I am now 1lb away from having lost 6 stone with Slimming World and I have now lost 7 stone 10 lbs in total.

Even better than that, I can't believe I am now in the 9 stone something category... Amazing! :D:D 6.5 lbs to go till target!

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am so over the moon today, I weighed in earlier than normal and I lost 3lbs!! I am now 1lb away from having lost 6 stone with Slimming World and I have now lost 7 stone 10 lbs in total.

Even better than that, I can't believe I am now in the 9 stone something category... Amazing! :D:D 6.5 lbs to go till target!

Wow! Well done Vahevala, that's fantastic! I'd say your delighted!

I'm nearly the same as you, I've 0.5 lb to my target but extending it by another 7lbs, am so determined to get that by Christmas!

m'lady wrote: »
    Wow! Well done Vahevala, that's fantastic! I'd say your delighted!

I'm nearly the same as you, I've 0.5 lb to my target but extending it by another 7lbs, am so determined to get that by Christmas!

Thank you, if I had stuck to my original target, I would be a target member by now lol.

Best of luck, we can both do it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Half a pound off today and I am a bit sickened, stuck to syns all week, done 3 days SP, I know it's still weight off but was expecting to have a bit more off. Hope it shows on the scale next week

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Stayed the same.
    Absolutely devastated.
    Not a single reason why I shouldn't have lost this week.
    Going to bed tonight utterly deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I stayed the same tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ameliams wrote: »
    Stayed the same.
    Absolutely devastated.

Just be glad you didn't gain! I have weeks where I'm up for no reason and find it frustrating but it's not the end of the world for me - I can see the difference in my clothes etc

Stayed the same.
    Absolutely devastated.

I am so sorry, I know how you feel, I remember that happening to me and I was so shocked, I asked the girl to weigh me twice :eek: stick with it, you will have weeks like that :)

In other news, I am now wearing size 10 tops, just can't really afford to buy many so that will have to wait... but just need the lower half to catch up now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Down 1.5lb last night which brings be down a stone barrier, and 1.5lb to my revised target. I've been here before, but never lower. I am going to try really hard this week to get down, but I've noticed a pattern with myself that in a 4 week cycle, 2 week I am always up or maintaining no matter how hard I try, and 2 weeks I'm great even if a bit bold. My metabolism is a messer. Anyway next week is week 1 of the bad weeks, so I'm not going to let it get to me, even if it's an unexplained 3lb gain!

Thank you all yes I know I should be grateful that I didn't go up but I just cannot understand why I didn't lose. 3 weeks ago I set myself a goal of 7lbs more off before my holidays in 3 weeks. Of that 7 I have 1.5 gone. At this rate I'll be lucky to have hit my 1 stone award when I leave. I'll be on holidays for 4 days when I'm back I could have gained 4-5lb. It could be Christmas before I looe that again.

I know I'm complaining and giving out but Im just so frustrated! 11 weeks in and I've lost 12b which I'm fine with, I've never gained any week which is great, but since ive started ive done this 100per cent almost all the time. I've been out for drinks once and out for a meal once and had Chinese once and been sensible with my food choices. I'm not doing this and then eating 10 biscuits before I go to bed in the dark where no one can see me.

I spent half an hour last night going through every single thing I ate in the last week with my consultant. Everything. And she also cannot figure out why I didn't lose anything. Everything that has to be measured I measure, I don't under count syns, I don't overeat, I don't deprive myself, I don't do anything that I'm not supposed to do!!

Apologies to all who had to read this but I'm feeling really dejected a good nights sleep has not helped me in any way.

Thank you all yes I know I should be grateful that I didn't go up but I just cannot understand why I didn't lose. 3 weeks ago I set myself a goal of 7lbs more off before my holidays in 3 weeks. Of that 7 I have 1.5 gone. At this rate I'll be lucky to have hit my 1 stone award when I leave. I'll be on holidays for 4 days when I'm back I could have gained 4-5lb. It could be Christmas before I looe that again.

I know I'm complaining and giving out but Im just so frustrated! 11 weeks in and I've lost 12b which I'm fine with, I've never gained any week which is great, but since ive started ive done this 100per cent almost all the time. I've been out for drinks once and out for a meal once and had Chinese once and been sensible with my food choices. I'm not doing this and then eating 10 biscuits before I go to bed in the dark where no one can see me.

I spent half an hour last night going through every single thing I ate in the last week with my consultant. Everything. And she also cannot figure out why I didn't lose anything. Everything that has to be measured I measure, I don't under count syns, I don't overeat, I don't deprive myself, I don't do anything that I'm not supposed to do!!

Apologies to all who had to read this but I'm feeling really dejected a good nights sleep has not helped me in any way.

I've had a couple of weigh ins like that where I could not explain why I had a gain or stayed the same and there was ones where I didn't deserve a loss. I think you need to look at the bigger picture and see what you have lost and the fact that you haven't gained any week.
    Have you changed how you use your syns in the last couple of weeks?

Somebody brought marshmallows to work which I've worked out as 1syn each. I feel like a genius thinking of putting one in my hot chocolate lol!! :D:p

I've had a couple of weigh ins like that where I could not explain why I had a gain or stayed the same and there was ones where I didn't deserve a loss. I think you need to look at the bigger picture and see what you have lost and the fact that you haven't gained any week.
    Have you changed how you use your syns in the last couple of weeks?

Nope haven't changed anything. Its generally mayo, chocolate, wine. Been trying to cut back on my chocolate but haven't changed anything else. Rarely have the wine. Maybe two glasses a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Congratulations to all that lost this week. Sorry to hear a couple of you stayed the same although much better than putting anything on.

I lost 1lb this week. So I've lost 12lbs in 5 weeks. I have 8.5lbs to get to target. I put in for a holiday this week so am hoping to get the stone off when I weigh in on Thursday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

How accurate are the weighing machines in boots?
    Because at Tuesday weigh in I was up .5 lb but the machine today said I've lost 5.
    I'm quite slow to believe the machine in boots.
    However I was extremely bloated Tuesday and consultant said it probably affected first week.
    Also I'm really sorry about the mallons scare guys. Consultant thought I meant others and was shocked she said they'd syns so mentioned here in case I'd missed something.

sm213 wrote: »
    How accurate are the weighing machines in boots?
    Because at Tuesday weigh in I was up .5 lb but the machine today said I've lost 5.
    I'm quite slow to believe the machine in boots.
    However I was extremely bloated Tuesday and consultant said it probably affected first week.
    Also I'm really sorry about the mallons scare guys. Consultant thought I meant others and was shocked she said they'd syns so mentioned here in case I'd missed something.

It's quite possible that both scales were accurate! We fluctuate hugely depending on what we've eaten, the time of day, time of month etc... no point in weighing yourself other than in group each week, more consistent :)

Aghhh I had been good all week until last night where I had a slice of birthday cake, it's a flat kinda cake so not a massive amount , however I hadn't used any syns so I'm hoping the 15 will cover it!
    I also just copped that I've lost 20% of my original weight!

I've a taster night on Monday, it's Christmas themed.. Just wondering would anyone have any nice but easy recipes? I was thinking of making the Ferraro rocher sweets and something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's been such a slow week for me. I'm trying to get into the 12ST bracket. My weight now is 13ST 1/2lb. Half a frickin pound :(

• Advertisement

It's been such a slow week for me. I'm trying to get into the 12ST bracket. My weight now is 13ST 1/2lb. Half a frickin pound :(

But you've lost like 2 and a half stone! Two and a half frickin stone!
    :D:D:D
    (and yes, I stalked your posts to see how much you've lost!)

I know it's really annoying when you're teetering on the edge of being in a lower stone bracket, but that's when you have to look at the bigger picture and give yourself a good ole pat on the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

dee_mc wrote: »
    But you've lost like 2 and a half stone! Two and a half frickin stone!
    :D:D:D
    (and yes, I stalked your posts to see how much you've lost!)

I know it's really annoying when you're teetering on the edge of being in a lower stone bracket, but that's when you have to look at the bigger picture and give yourself a good ole pat on the back!

Hahaha

I'm really happy with what I have lost, I just want to get into the low 12s and maintain that. I can't remember the last time I was in the 12St category.

Aghhh I had been good all week until last night where I had a slice of birthday cake, it's a flat kinda cake so not a massive amount , however I hadn't used any syns so I'm hoping the 15 will cover it!
    I also just copped that I've lost 20% of my original weight!

I've a taster night on Monday, it's Christmas themed.. Just wondering would anyone have any nice but easy recipes? I was thinking of making the Ferraro rocher sweets and something else!

Yeah we have a taster too zzzzz usually I make something but don't think I will this time so I'm not obliged to stay - I end up blowing syns on stuff I'd normally never try!

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah we have a taster too zzzzz usually I make something but don't think I will this time so I'm not obliged to stay - I end up blowing syns on stuff I'd normally never try!

I know, you end up picking at stuff big time! I have to stay as I help out with the pay desk.. Gonna make the strawberry and dark chocolate trifle, and maybe the Ferraro rocher sweets!

I hate the tasters, I can't eat cheese or chocolate so I just end up eating fruit so turns out to be a waste of my time, the only reason I would consider staying is that I might get my 6 stone award (1 lb away!)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I've really fallen off the wagon the last few weeks. I can use every excuse in the book but no one to blame but myself. This week I'm getting stuck in again and my food diary will be completed daily.
    I've always used a Tesco health living creme fraiche that was syn free. It appears to be discontinued and I'm horrified at the syns in low fat creme fraiche. I added it to lots of things like curries and pasta bakes. What do people use for stuff like that?

I've really fallen off the wagon the last few weeks. I can use every excuse in the book but no one to blame but myself. This week I'm getting stuck in again and my food diary will be completed daily.
    I've always used a Tesco health living creme fraiche that was syn free. It appears to be discontinued and I'm horrified at the syns in low fat creme fraiche. I added it to lots of things like curries and pasta bakes. What do people use for stuff like that?

Don't beat yourself up and just try and get back on track..
    I'd imagine the fat free fromage frais would be a bit like creme fraiche?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Hi guys. Thinking of starting this Thursday, what will the first week be like?

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Hi guys. Thinking of starting this Thursday, what will the first week be like?

Buy Reveal magazine on Wednesday or Thursday and you'll get a half price membership voucher, so it'll cost you €9 instead of €18.
    Arrive at or before the stated start time. You and any other new members will be seated in a separate area of the room to where weigh-ins are going on, and the consultant will ask you to fill in a short form with your details and any medical conditions etc.
    Then there will be a short talk outlining the plan, and you'll be given a personal pack including a book that explains the plan in greater detail. This talk lasts about 30 minutes and you'll have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have at the end.
    After this you will join the existing members for a group chat where the consultant will go around to each person and discuss their progress briefly, asking each member if they have any recipes to share, if they're happy with their progress, if they have any questions or tips for the group etc. Awards for weight loss milestones will be given out during this time too.
    At the end you will pay your fee and you will be weighed privately - nobody except yourself and the consultant or assistant will see what your weight is. You'll be asked to set a target weight - this isn't very important as it can be changed at any time.
    And that's it! You'll probably feel a bit nervous but there's no need to worry, the groups are generally very friendly, welcoming and positive - seeing members who have lost lots of weight can be really inspiring, and everyone is there for the same reason!
    After your first meeting it's a good idea to pop off to the supermarket and stock up on the foods you'll need to get you through your first few days. You'll need Frylight cooking oil spray anyway, that's a staple for most members, and take the time after group to figure out your first few days menus.
    Good luck with it and enjoy it, it's such a positive step you're taking :)
    I joined about 13 months ago and I'm now within 4 pounds of my target - my next award will be for a loss of 5 stone.
    One last tip - don't be afraid to sit in on the new members talk more than once, and ask any questions you have, even if you feel they're a bit stupid, either in group, by texting or calling your consultant, on your group facebook page (I think they all have one, and most will have a private one) or on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

dee_mc wrote: »
    Buy Reveal magazine on Wednesday or Thursday and you'll get a half price membership voucher, so it'll cost you €9 instead of €18.
    Arrive at or before the stated start time. You and any other new members will be seated in a separate area of the room to where weigh-ins are going on, and the consultant will ask you to fill in a short form with your details and any medical conditions etc.
    Then there will be a short talk outlining the plan, and you'll be given a personal pack including a book that explains the plan in greater detail. This talk lasts about 30 minutes and you'll have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have at the end.
    After this you will join the existing members for a group chat where the consultant will go around to each person and discuss their progress briefly, asking each member if they have any recipes to share, if they're happy with their progress, if they have any questions or tips for the group etc. Awards for weight loss milestones will be given out during this time too.
    At the end you will pay your fee and you will be weighed privately - nobody except yourself and the consultant or assistant will see what your weight is. You'll be asked to set a target weight - this isn't very important as it can be changed at any time.
    And that's it! You'll probably feel a bit nervous but there's no need to worry, the groups are generally very friendly, welcoming and positive - seeing members who have lost lots of weight can be really inspiring, and everyone is there for the same reason!
    After your first meeting it's a good idea to pop off to the supermarket and stock up on the foods you'll need to get you through your first few days. You'll need Frylight cooking oil spray anyway, that's a staple for most members, and take the time after group to figure out your first few days menus.
    Good luck with it and enjoy it, it's such a positive step you're taking :)
    I joined about 13 months ago and I'm now within 4 pounds of my target - my next award will be for a loss of 5 stone.
    One last tip - don't be afraid to sit in on the new members talk more than once, and ask any questions you have, even if you feel they're a bit stupid, either in group, by texting or calling your consultant, on your group facebook page (I think they all have one, and most will have a private one) or on this thread.

Thanks for your great response! Well done on your weight loss journey :) Do they advise a target weight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement