Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,231 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Is it just rumour about Euro support being announced?

Not really a rumour but it's expected the support for the Euro tour will be announced soon

As regards Slane with the show sold out its hard to knw what support bands MCD will go with ?

Sweet, it had crossed my mind last week. Hopefully GNR are bringing a decent support, then MCD can get the choice after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Richard's rig rundown from Guns club tour in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

The lithographs and official city tour posters have been pretty cool throughout the tour any bets/ideas on the Irish one
    Hopefully they go for a mythological character like Cuchullain or Fionn mc Chuall
    And not some sterotypical rock n roll lepurcan
    Roll on Slane.

The lithographs and official city tour posters have been pretty cool throughout the tour any bets/ideas on the Irish one
    Hopefully they go for a mythological character like Cuchullain or Fionn mc Chuall
    And not some sterotypical rock n roll lepurcan
    Roll on Slane.

The designs for the Japan run were pretty cool.. As for the Irish show who knows, the mythological character idea sounds brilliant.. But it's probably gonna be the rock and roll leprechaun :pac:

13 weeks yesterday the European legs starts, roll on Slane indeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

are these lithographs signed? And how much are they?

As far as I'm aware the lithographs aren't signed, but numbered to a certain amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,699 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just listened to Steven Adler talk to Eddie trunk about his few shows with GNR. It's a positive interview by Steven but the best part was Steven saying he got closure from the few shows he played. That was good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

scudzilla wrote: »
    are these lithographs signed? And how much are they?

got one in the states last year - they arent signed - numbered individually to 1000 - i paid $50 - so cant see then being less than €50 here - have mine framed and hanging - well worth the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

It's starting to feel close now that the next show is OURS!!!
    Has anyone here been to Slane in recent years? What do my friend and I need to do to make sure we get right up front in the pit?? We have GC Early Entry tickets. Do we just need to make sure we get to the gate early so as to be front in the queue - then run like hell as soon as gates open for early entry at 1 PM?
    And even if we manage to get up front at gate opening time, how easy/difficult is it to hang on to that spot for the next NINE hours till GNR comes on stage??
    Starting to stress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PetraMac wrote: »
    It's starting to feel close now that the next show is OURS!!!
    Has anyone here been to Slane in recent years? What do my friend and I need to do to make sure we get right up front in the pit?? We have GC Early Entry tickets. Do we just need to make sure we get to the gate early so as to be front in the queue - then run like hell as soon as gates open for early entry at 1 PM?
    And even if we manage to get up front at gate opening time, how easy/difficult is it to hang on to that spot for the next NINE hours till GNR comes on stage??
    Starting to stress!!

Every spot in the pit is good, I was in it for Foo Fighters. You have to pay for a pit pass for this though, unlike the Foos show. Once you have the pit pass you can come and go as you please. We spend most of the day at the back near the bar chilling out, then maybe ten mins before the Foos we wandered into the pit, was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,699 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rock in rio date announced https://instagram.com/p/BRoSwTAFd9c/

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Saying it now, that'll be live streamed.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Every spot in the pit is good, I was in it for Foo Fighters. You have to pay for a pit pass for this though, unlike the Foos show. Once you have the pit pass you can come and go as you please. We spend most of the day at the back near the bar chilling out, then maybe ten mins before the Foos we wandered into the pit, was perfect.

Thanks for your reply! Do you mean you pay separately for the pit pass once you're on site??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Now would that be Rock in Rio in Portugal, Vegas or, errrr, Rio?? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Fan club merchandice being shipped today , just got a confirmation email

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Hope they announce who the supports are soon.Have ticket for the saturday in London so hoping it's someone good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Aww he's so lovely Duff.

Down to earth guy as well going off this video from when his band Loaded played The Academy several years ago.

This day last year

17498755_1257349060980787_8431968854067904084_n.jpg?oh=590a2611feafa41aa210eeace02e04f2&oe=59695243

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This day last year

17498755_1257349060980787_8431968854067904084_n.jpg?oh=590a2611feafa41aa210eeace02e04f2&oe=59695243

Its been some year to be a GnR fan especially for those on board from the late 80s
    Memories of seeing that ritz gig as an 11yr old on bbc2 came flooding back while trying to catch snippets of the troubadour gig on periscope links an u tube feeds.
    Its been a well run tour like clockwork considering Axls leg, Axls AC/DC stint, minimal interviews I think one with Duff one on the china exchange and an AC/DC one and also the Steven and Izzy side show will they won't they .
    And its a pity they didnt
    I honesty think if Steven had better management around him to have his and the bands best interests to the fore he'd of been on a lot more guest appearances. Possibly on a regular rotation set up with Frank
    The lad still has the mind of a mid 20's yr old rock star as the after effects of the abuse he's given himself and just wants to rock but the people around him see Axl as the bad guy.
    As with Izzy I'd say hes still pissed with himself for signing off his rights to the partnership when he left in the early 90s and is trying to recoup lost earnings with hefty guest slot fees
    Even though he wouldn't have the same bums on seats draw power of Slash and Duff I'd imagine he's peeved he wasn't offered the same rate as he was the guy who wrote the manual on most if the songs the majority of the ticket buying public are there to hear.

All in, all shows have looked and sounded fantastic online
    So roll on slane time to organise the bus again 25yrs later for the local headers and rockers instead of organizing booze and lies to our folks we're organising time off work and baby sitters.
    I wonder will I still fit in to my sleeveless GNR back patched denim jacket this time around.

Its been some year to be a GnR fan especially for those on board from the late 80s
    Memories of seeing that ritz gig as an 11yr old on bbc2 came flooding back while trying to catch snippets of the troubadour gig on periscope links an u tube feeds.
    Its been a well run tour like clockwork considering Axls leg, Axls AC/DC stint, minimal interviews I think one with Duff one on the china exchange and an AC/DC one and also the Steven and Izzy side show will they won't they .
    I honesty think if Steven had better management around him to have his and the bands best interests to the fore he'd of been on a lot more guest appearances. Possibly on a regular rotation set up with Frank
    The lad still has the mind of a mid 20's yr old rock star as the after effects of the abuse he's given himself and just wants to rock but the people around him see Axl as the bad guy.
    As with Izzy I'd say hes still pissed with himself for signing off his rights to the partnership when he left in the early 90s and is trying to recoup lost earnings with hefty guest slot fees
    Even though he wouldn't have the same bums on seats draw power of Slash and Duff I'd imagine he's peeved he wasn't offered the same rate as he was the guy who wrote the manual on most if the songs the majority of the ticket buying public are there to hear.

So roll on slane time to organise the bus again 25yrs later for the local headers and rockers instead of organizing booze and lies to our folks we're organising time off work and baby sitters.
    I wonder will I still fit in to my sleeveless GNR back patched denim jacket this time around.

It's been a great year, as someone who came along after they imploded towards the middle 90's, never gotten to have seen them live, watching The Ritz '88 DVD over and over doesn't count. But for those there from the start all the way back in '85, they probably never in their wildest dreams ever thought they'd see Axl & Slash back on the same stage together ever again when they had their less than friendly split in '96 with Slash leaving.

I think everyone's main fear when this all started up, was one Mr. Axl Rose and his shall we say reputation for being late, but his stint fronting AC/DC and seeing it done as the outsider looking in, must've been a kick in the backside for him to.

If Steven never gets to sit behind the drums again, then I'm glad he managed to get his closure after 26 years, and he never lost the will to rock even through all his abuse problems, he just held on and believed through it all.

And Izzy, in hindsight he left before it turned to ****, but the signing over the rights to Axl was in '92 when Izzy was already gone, but yeah being screwed out of so much money by Axl must've left a sour taste with him.

Roll on Slane, May 27th, hopefully the weather will play ball and it'll be a scorcher of an afternoon.

Bolded: yes, :D. I'm a fan since 87 but didn't get to see them in Slane last time as my parents said I was too young... :( No problem there this time!!
    The build up to May 27th is unbelievable. I've been waiting for this moment since 1987!!

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Roll on Slane, May 27th, hopefully the weather will play ball and it'll be a scorcher of an afternoon.

Yeah a girl not from Ireland on another board was asking about weather. It'll be rain poncho and sunscreen for us all - unless you're a hard case and don't bother with either!!
    Seriously Foo Fighters year before last was a mud bath, hope it's not like that for us but having said that NOTHING will take away from this gig!!

Royal Blood, Mark Lanegan and Otherkin announced as support for Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think Mark Lanegan is brilliant but Slane Castle is the last place I'd expect to see him! Good chance that Duff will join him onstage though, they go back a long way. Lanegan's latest song Nocturne is fantastic, really recommend checking it out if you're in need of some great music. Album out soon too.

I think Mark Lanegan is brilliant but Slane Castle is the last place I'd expect to see him! Good chance that Duff will join him onstage though, they go back a long way. Lanegan's latest song Nocturne is fantastic, really recommend checking it out if you're in need of some great music. Album out soon too.

Also a good chance of Slash joining him for So Long Sin City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Absolute rubbish support acts worse than when they last played slane

Advertisement