Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sustainable boozing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Keeping hydrated is important so as others have said have plenty of water during the night. But I also find it's a good hangover cure to have a sachet of dioralyte before bed and possibly first thing in the morning. It's a rehydration sachet that is generally for use when you have diarrhea but works wonders for a hangover.

It also avoids the need to have a massive pee in the middle of the night that you would have if you drink a couple of pints of water before bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

tommy21 wrote: »
    Two nurofen plus on top of alcohol in the long-term will likely cause liver damage (few onces offs will be fine though)

Not that I'm doubting this, but have you any evidence to prove that statement? I'm constantly hearing about how bad it is on the liver to take codeine with alcohol but is there any studies or anything showing the effects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

would it not be better to drink vodka instead of beer? you are getting just as drunk but the quantity of alcohol you are taking will be much less, so in theory you are taking in less toxins?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Carvery Dinner at 1p.m and another at 6p.m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hangovers the fcukers :mad: id have 3-4 pints and id have a hangover the next day, wouldnt even be tipsy after 3-4 pints and yet i wake up to a nice morning surprise,

By the way lads what are these nice clean beer's yer on about? im getting right sick of Heineken at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

You need some stimulant drug like speed, mephedrone, cocaine, mdma.
    dead serious

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

would it not be better to drink vodka instead of beer? you are getting just as drunk but the quantity of alcohol you are taking will be much less, so in theory you are taking in less toxins?

Surely the amount of ethanol would be the same.

And what the hell are "toxins", can someone tell me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

if your drinking pints and the lines are not cleaned regularly this will do it,

if the line were just cleaned an not flushed out enough, this will also do it

ice cubes will hold bacteria and when it melts will add them to your drink this will also do it,

the body dehydrates when you drink, so you need to rehydrate it when you rejoin the next day,

berocca is great stuff for this it gives a vitamin B boost, takes about 40 mins to 1 hour to kick in,

staying drunk is probably the best way.

Advertisement