Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM Airsoft Pistols

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Just out of curiousity, i'm wondering which is the the most practical TM pistol for skirmishing. I currently use a KJW 1911 and to be honest i find it quite heavy while holstered and performance is..........so-so. I've held and fired the PX4 and the 5-7, the 5-7 i quite liked. Ultimately i'm looking for one that has good performance but it also quite skirmish-ible.
    As Swifty said, Any. I wouldn't get the m9s, they are rather old now, and have fixed hop... But the rest are pretty much equally brilliant.

The TM Hicappa 5.1 is actually still one of the standard base pistols for airsoft IPSC shooting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Just out of curiousity, i'm wondering which is the the most practical TM pistol for skirmishing. I currently use a KJW 1911 and to be honest i find it quite heavy while holstered and performance is..........so-so. I've held and fired the PX4 and the 5-7, the 5-7 i quite liked. Ultimately i'm looking for one that has good performance but it also quite skirmish-ible.

Never had an issue skirmishing my TM P226 in the 4 years I have had it. I have a TM FN 5-7 now too but have not tried that out yet.
    The P226 is nice and light but not so light you forget it is there. Feels great in the hand and packs a punch at the kind of ranges you would use a pistol at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

My sig is similar age, has trij night sights, and a new bucking because the old one wore out. Still perfect sidearm. would take a lot to convince me to replace it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

Can't speak for the PX4 but I have a 5-7 and one thing that stands out aside from the expected good performance is the unholy amount of gas the mags hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have the PX4 and love it...very accurate and the mags hold a huge amount of gas.
    It's my first TM pistol and so impressed I'm buying the G18c this week....2 of the mates have already bought it and it's bloody awesome...way better than the KWA version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

NakedDex wrote: »
    The TM P226's closest rival is the KJW P226. The TM outperforms it but the KJW version is full metal, with decent performance, strong recoil and - if you get the right model - full trades.

Here's the kicker though; the KJW version weighs a metric assload and is arguably unskirmishable unless you've got a very secure holster. I've seen them fly from hip and chest holsters while running and drag drop-legs around like a lead weight on a fishing line.
    The TM, with it's plastic construction, doesn't have that issue at all. Plastic may not be super-duper realistic when you're holding it, but lighter can be very advantageous at times.

The kjw 226 is dreadfully heavy.
    Took it to one skirmish and it sat in the kit bag after bout 10 mins and was sold by the end of the day.

It weighs more then a real steel one does.
    Or at least the balance of weight makes it feel heavier.

I've had loads of pistols over the years, but the best for me where the tm g17 or the kjw co2 1911.
    Both nice and easy to carry without feeling it weighing you down, both shot reliably and felt good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shadow Mozez

They kinda do look like toys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

They kinda do look like toys :P

are you just posting everywhere to get your post count up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Seeing as how we're all enjoying the TM pistol love-in, airsofteire have the new Sig p226 e2 version in stock.
    It's on my 'WANT!!!' list ... only one problem: I'm led to believe that the full metal kit I have for a TM 226 won't fit the e2 version as the frame size is slightly different (decocker and slide release are ever so slightly closer together, and the frame under the grip is smaller as the grip shape is different).

This means that the year long search for a TM p226 (original version) continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Seeing as how we're all enjoying the TM pistol love-in, airsofteire have the new Sig p226 e2 version in stock.
    It's on my 'WANT!!!' list ... only one problem: I'm led to believe that the full metal kit I have for a TM 226 won't fit the e2 version as the frame size is slightly different (decocker and slide release are ever so slightly closer together, and the frame under the grip is smaller as the grip shape is different).

This means that the year long search for a TM p226 (original version) continues...

Bit expensive on the old TM pistols though, €205 for the TM 1911, I bought mine for €120 from Cork Airsoft Shop, dunno if they still up and running. I bought Sig P226 E2 last week with 2 mags (not including one that comes with gun), €207 delivered from redwolf, airsofteire €280. Didn't get hit with taxes either which woulda been bout €35-€40 so got myself a right old bargain:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah airsofteire's pistols have been shooting up in price lately..
    There was a few weeks between my mate and me purchasing the TM G18c yet it increased by a tenner in this period...
    I've also noticed that the KSC M9A1 has gone up very dramatically as well but these are rare enough to get anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

have you tried this crowd Kev? http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%20Guns/Gas%20Custom%20Pistols/Items/TM%20Sig%20P226.htm

Advertisement