Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEMALE STAFF MEMBER ATTACKED IN LIMERICK SHOP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Xennon wrote: »
    There also doesnt seem to be anything in the article to suggest that hes one of limericks finest, so basically we know nothing about this incident really.

If you are the type that just attacks a woman working in a shop, then it does not matter where you are from, you are scum in my eyes. The kind of "man" that snaps like that could just as easily have done similar if someone parked in his parking space, or looked at him the wrong way, or could have lashed out as a shopper in the store.

If you read some of the links near the start of the thread it says he is of African origin rather than African descent so I am taking that to mean he is not Irish and not one of Limerick's finest. But as I have already said it does not matter where you are from if you do this sort of thing. Whether you are Irish, African, English, Martian etc., if you are the sort of thug that attacks, then you deserve to be punished with the maximum sentence for that crime and not some suspended sentence crap.

The girl in the shop is the second shop worker in Limerick city centre to be attacked at their place of work in recent weeks. I hope it is not a trend that will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    It doesn't say that in the articles I've read or on the radio interview with the manager.

From todays irish examiner online, thats what the gardai said. Sorry can't post link.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

From todays irish examiner online, thats what the gardai said. Sorry can't post link.

Here is a link to back up what you said.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/shopworker-hit-with-chain-168360.html

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A LIMERICK shop worker was seriously injured when an angry customer lashed out at her with a heavy chain over a refund claim.

A man in his 40s was being held at Henry Street Garda Station last night under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

The victim, in her 20s, was treated at St John’s Hospital with what were described as non life-threatening injuries.

Superintendent Frank O’Brien said a major investigation into the attack was under way and they have accessed CCTV at Guiney’s shop in William Street where the attack was carried out.

Supt O’Brien said gardaí were alerted at about 11.30am. "She was assaulted with a robust chain used to lock a bike," he said.

One person in the shop said the man who carried out the assault became very aggressive over a refund he was demanding for some item he had previously purchased.

The witness said: "The woman working in the shop said he needed a receipt, which it would appear he did not have. In accordance with the shop’s policy she told him he could replace the item, but she could not give him a refund. He then went violent and struck her with a chain."

The man who carried out the assault was immediately arrested and brought to Henry Street where he was still being held last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Bike lock. What a lovely thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

The whole thing is disgusting. People like this have no place in our society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

He should not be released from Garda custody but should be sent back where he came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 angel29

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    What type of chain was it? It could have been a small chain like a necklace or it could have been a bicycle chain. Big difference in both of those.

Also, the girl that was attacked was apparently fine afterwards but her manager made her go to the hospital. She may have been hit once, in the hand with a necklace. Without more details, we don't know.

I'm not trying to justify that attack, it was indeed uncalled for from what I can tell. But it is easy to sensationalise something like this and blow it completely out of proportion.

it was a bicycle lock and she was also hit across the head with it she was sent to hospital as a precaution she's ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Makes me glad the security guard i work with is in the ball and takes our safety seriously. Good security guards are few and far between unfortunately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

He should not be released from Garda custody but should be sent back where he came from
    No fear of that.The do-gooders above in doras luimni will make sure that his "rights" are looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Raiser wrote: »
    a 4 bedroom detatched house in Murroe

Murroe?

Jaysus help the poor bastard; prison might nearly be safer for him!!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Faing wrote: »
    Here we go then, "My client is from a broken home, has recently started treatment for his drug addiction, has turned his life around since his last conviction, had gotten in with the wrong crowd, his girlfriend is expecting a child, he has a promise of employment, was frustrated with the shop workers attitude..... " how many more of the usual excuses will his solicitor come up with? and don't forget folks, we are all paying for him with his legal aid.
    Hope the shop girl gets over it and is back to work soon.

Ah, the fact that he is of African origin adds a few extra excuses for the solicitor then eh? He is an Asylum Seeker and exists on E19.10 a week, is frustrated with his situation, did not understand the woman's position on refunds without a receipt, in his culture he has done no wrong....etc etc.
    Give him a beating to remind him of home.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aaaaaaand we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement