Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEMALE STAFF MEMBER ATTACKED IN LIMERICK SHOP

Options
  • 21-09-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

What a horrible horrible story, Hope the girl is ok, and at least the man is arrested for now... Don't know what else to say, limerick is turning into an awful city that you can't even go to work without getting attacked.

Wander what will happen him in court, and how many previous convictions he has and what the sob story will be.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/female-staff-member-attacked-in-limerick-shop/c32f4ebe-f2ae-4508-8cfa-e877c39ab279

A man has been arrested following a violent attack on a female employee in a Limerick Department Store this morning.
    The woman was struck several times with a chain as she was attempting to serve a man in Guiney's on William Street around 11.30am.
    Security personnel had to be drafted in from neighbouring stores to restrain the man before Gardaí arrived.
    The woman, in her 30s, is said to be very shocked and badly shaken by the incident and has been brought to hospital as a precaution.
    Alison Godfrey is General Store Manager of Guiney's...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thats ****ing disgraceful, attacked with a chain?! Hope she is ok, hope that cretin gets whats coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Ah Munstergirl will you not go easy on him. Don't you know the poor fella came from a broken home and has learning difficulties. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Ah Munstergirl will you not go easy on him. Don't you know the poor fella came from a broken home and has learning difficulties. ;)

Not to mention his "previous conviction" rate is probably still only in double figures.

......and who knows, an alcoholic parent, bruising childhood, no horse for Christmas...

Every facility and help will be thrown his way.

....Yet this poor woman will, in all likelihood, find it hard to ever work again. Certainly in a public area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Should chain the assailant to the back of a gardai car and drag him all the way to mountjoy.

Alot seemed to be made of that fact that it was a female staff member. Is it ok to attack the male staff? Glad i don't work in retail!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

L.T.P. wrote: »

Probably had no playground either.....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

phill106 wrote: »
    Should chain the assailant to the back of a gardai car and drag him all the way to mountjoy.

Alot seemed to be made of that fact that it was a female staff member. Is it ok to attack the male staff? Glad i don't work in retail!

It was probably the fact it was a female staff member that was attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Don't forget male member of vodafone staff attacked few weeks ago.

Doesn't make difference male or female they should be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Thats ****ing disgraceful, attacked with a chain?! Hope she is ok, hope that cretin gets whats coming to him.

the thing is, he probably won't get what's coming to him.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The security should have given him a good doing over with the chain. What a ****ing scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

William Street is a knacker magnet anyway. The change when you step off O'Connell street is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Here we go then, "My client is from a broken home, has recently started treatment for his drug addiction, has turned his life around since his last conviction, had gotten in with the wrong crowd, his girlfriend is expecting a child, he has a promise of employment, was frustrated with the shop workers attitude..... " how many more of the usual excuses will his solicitor come up with? and don't forget folks, we are all paying for him with his legal aid.
    Hope the shop girl gets over it and is back to work soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

I'd like to be the first to say congratulations to all you "it could happen anywhere,it only gets reported cos it's Limerick" folk that hang around here.:)
    Every denial of the ****hole you live in adds an extra link to this animals chain.
    Damn you Dublin media for putting chains/knives,guns,pipe bombs in these animals hands.
    "They do be always picking on Limerick and <insert other city name> is even worse.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

So not working in retail is going to prevent you from being randomly attacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

And not having enough scumbags of our own,this particular specimen was imported from Africa apparently.http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/man-remains-in-custody-following-chain-attack-on-limerick-store-worker/724f4677-ef95-452e-b944-bc4e9690ea0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

allimac wrote: »
    And not having enough scumbags of our own,this particular specimen was imported from Africa apparently.http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/man-remains-in-custody-following-chain-attack-on-limerick-store-worker/724f4677-ef95-452e-b944-bc4e9690ea0c

Should be deported ASAP! But thats not really a punishment so I think he should be birched and have all of his personal belongings taken by the state aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

William Street is a knacker magnet anyway. The change when you step off O'Connell street is mental.

Pretty shocking alright, was in Town and went up Will-um (in local accent) street to get the bus to UL earlier, some scobe hassling everyone for 60cent.
    The amount of poor young fellas in school uniforms that were intimidated by him and handed over some coins to him was unreal. He followed people onto bus's as they were paying the bus driver, all the time with a wallet and phone in his hoody pocket and eating a bag of chips and drinking coke. The amount of tracksuit wearing knuckle draggers with more cheap gold that an argos and nethanderal behavior was incredible.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Should be deported ASAP! But thats not really a punishment so I think he should be birched and have all of his personal belongings taken by the state aswell.

Nay he should not be deported asap. If we had lawmakers and law enforcers (the courts) with any backbone, he would get a prison sentence which he would have to serve in full, then at the end of that sentence he would lose the right to live in Ireland.

We have enough scum of our own in this country without thugs like this coming to live here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

allimac wrote: »

<mod snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm sure that was scarcastic but still....play nice please

Fianna Fail.... I LOL'ed

Thanks

Drifter

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

hear, hear; i mean he was good enough to bring the chain, the least we can do is use it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

bullets wrote: »
    Pretty shocking alright, was in Town and went up Will-um (in local accent) street to get the bus to UL earlier, some scobe hassling everyone for 60cent.
    The amount of poor young fellas in school uniforms that were intimidated by him and handed over some coins to him was unreal. He followed people onto bus's as they were paying the bus driver, all the time with a wallet and phone in his hoody pocket and eating a bag of chips and drinking coke. The amount of tracksuit wearing knuckle draggers with more cheap gold that an argos and nethanderal behavior was incredible.

~B

I really REALLY hate people like that. They don't NEED the money. I see the Simon community helpers out helping people on the streets, those people need a few quid (I'm unemployed myself), not those **nts who try and intimidate cash from you on street corners, at bus stops and atms. have often been tempted to answer back the 'can you loan me €2' with 'certainly, at what rate and term and what will you tender for security?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

any more facts on this case rather than random nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭finbarrk

any more facts on this case rather than random nonsense?

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Strange?It seems that it was a "vicous assault with a chain" but the emplopyee wasn't injured?http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/female_employee_attacked_at_limerick_department_store_1_3076003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

What type of chain was it? It could have been a small chain like a necklace or it could have been a bicycle chain. Big difference in both of those.

Also, the girl that was attacked was apparently fine afterwards but her manager made her go to the hospital. She may have been hit once, in the hand with a necklace. Without more details, we don't know.

I'm not trying to justify that attack, it was indeed uncalled for from what I can tell. But it is easy to sensationalise something like this and blow it completely out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

There also doesnt seem to be anything in the article to suggest that hes one of limericks finest, so basically we know nothing about this incident really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nay he should not be deported asap. If we had lawmakers and law enforcers (the courts) with any backbone, he would get a prison sentence which he would have to serve in full, then at the end of that sentence he would lose the right to live in Ireland.

We have enough scum of our own in this country without thugs like this coming to live here as well.

I dont see why taxpayers should have to pay thousands to lock up his ass in some pampered Irish prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I don't think it matters where he is from, but a shop assistant was attacked by a customer. He had to be restrained by security from other shops.

Attacked by a chain, type you would lock a bike with.

Horrible incident, this time yesterday the girl was working away, few hours later attacked by customer. Who wanted refund but didn't have receipt.

Least she is ok physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    What type of chain was it? It could have been a small chain like a necklace or it could have been a bicycle chain. Big difference in both of those.

Also, the girl that was attacked was apparently fine afterwards but her manager made her go to the hospital. She may have been hit once, in the hand with a necklace. Without more details, we don't know.

I'm not trying to justify that attack, it was indeed uncalled for from what I can tell. But it is easy to sensationalise something like this and blow it completely out of proportion.

I take your point - It is of course undeniable that disgruntled, aggressive People who lose it completely and viciously attack People often use necklaces, ankle bracelets and sometimes even dangly earrings.

- Why don't you go find this Woman and ask her if she could please clarify whether she was attacked or merely showcased jewelry?

Back on topic - Would anyone like to guess what the Irish State will offer this Scumbag?

- My guess would be free legal aid, a 4 bedroom detatched house in Murroe, Medical Card, Free transport, and then weekly fistfuls of dutch gold and hash money from the working mans payslip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Attacked by a chain, type you would lock a bike with.

It doesn't say that in the articles I've read or on the radio interview with the manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement