Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Any ideas on where to get it best value? Couldn't find the "I'm looking for (x) in Galway city" thread also, don't know if it was removed or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Looking for (x)" was on page 2..
    Honey merged in with Looking.

biko wrote: »
    "Looking for (x)" was on page 2..
    Honey merged in with Looking.

Ok the title of my message said I'm looking for cold extracted honey and cold pressed virgin olive oil. If anyone knows where to get them for best value let me know!

I'd start with Sheridans by the market and Mortons in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am visiting Galway for a few days holiday soon and looking for a place where myself and my son (age 13) can play snooker.
    I seen a few places on the web, where would you recommend and price wise also.Thank you.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am visiting Galway for a few days holiday soon and looking for a place where myself and my son (age 13) can play snooker.
    I seen a few places on the web, where would you recommend and price wise also.Thank you.

Eglinton street arcade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm looking for a place anywhere relatively close to Shop St. (walking distance) for a place that does a good kebab with some nice chips. Nothing fancy, just a fast food place. I know Capital does them, across from Carbon, but I'm not a big fan.

Any help, much appreciated, I have a craving! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm looking for a place anywhere relatively close to Shop St. (walking distance) for a place that does a good kebab with some nice chips. Nothing fancy, just a fast food place. I know Capital does them, across from Carbon, but I'm not a big fan.

There's a Charcoal Grill on Cross St and another on Mary St. They're alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Charcoal grill on cross street?. (I prefer it to the mary street one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cheers will give it a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone got suggestions for good professional photographers in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

The Lane Studios, Church Lane. By far the best in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

b.gud wrote: »
    Anyone got suggestions for good professional photographers in the city
    saw one of the deals sites had offer on with Peter Harkin. think it was on the advertiser deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Does anybody know a good bereavement counsellor in Galway city?

I don't know one sorry but you can have a look in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Where could I get replacement earphone tips? Cheers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Where could I get replacement earphone tips? Cheers

I went searching for this to no avail. Ended up buying a cheapy pair of earphones in the 2 euro shop, for ehh, 2 euro :)

This came with 3 pairs of earphone tips that worked a treat on my more expensive earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I went searching for this to no avail. Ended up buying a cheapy pair of earphones in the 2 euro shop, for ehh, 2 euro :)

This came with 3 pairs of earphone tips that worked a treat on my more expensive earphones.
    Where did ya get them

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Where did ya get them

2 euro shop in galway shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

African fabric, not sure if the community is large enough over here to have anybody selling traditional fabrics in a shop anywhere. JUst interested in getting enough to make a shirt or several.
    Also not finding a great amount on ebay.ie

Also looking for psychedelic design fabric. not sure what hickey's has in that area and think it tends to be more conservative.

• Advertisement

Check in the African shops, the ones I go to sometimes don't have clothes but they probably will know where to get fabric.
    Wouldn't mind a dashiki myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beenz

Looking to get stuff off old zip disks, anyone know where or anyone have a zip drive????
    Pretty Please :)

Beenz, I moved out your post from a 2005 thread.

If you can't find anyone here try the Computers forum, they might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

I need to get photos done to have a US passport renewed .. criteria for photos are fairly specific and not the usual photo booth ones that will do for a EU passport ...
    Someone told me there is a photographer in galway City that takes them .. does anyone here know?
    thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

holly8 wrote: »
    I need to get photos done to have a US passport renewed .. criteria for photos are fairly specific and not the usual photo booth ones that will do for a EU passport ...
    Someone told me there is a photographer in galway City that takes them .. does anyone here know?
    thanks!
    Do a search on the forum for 'passport'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

thanks!

They did them for my boyfriend in the pharmacy beside Dunnes in Westside a few years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

thanks!

Call in to a pharmacy and ask if they can do a US passport photo. Specifically I used the one by Joyces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Looking for a replacement for a portable HDD for my brother. Anyone with decent deals in town atm? He insists on usb powered. Been a while since I bought one myself but any idea where the best place to get a 2 or 3Tb one is? From what I see, 2Tb seems to be the upper limit on them atm.

Quite tedious looking for them online as retailers seem to prefer to hide the fact they are not really portable (require AC adaptors) buried in a wall of text or on a separate page.

Argos give very little info at all I notice too.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Does anyone have any idea where I could find a can of "Universal Gas Lighter Refill" in Galway ?

Thank you :)
    V

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement