Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

G4X Hosting a Starcraft2 Tourney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

What's the story with the EGL Leaderboard? What does the "final" in Dublin mean? And how participating in all the events will help during the final?

And last question - is it possible to play on my own laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Khazidhea wrote: »
    What's the story with the EGL Leaderboard? What does the "final" in Dublin mean? And how participating in all the events will help during the final?

And last question - is it possible to play on my own laptop?

The EGL is the European Gaming League, Its the leader boards we run for our online content and offline events, When you partake in tournaments online or at our events you earn rank points towards your EGL rank.

We are holding events around Ireland over the next 6 months and will be holding a Grand Final in Dublin at the end, the grand final at the end will allow certain gamers to compete for much bigger prizes, the entry fee will also be larger.

I will confirm with the head of our SC2 tournament in the morning.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Any plans to have any of the tournys in Northern Ireland? you know in the most amazing esports city ever - Belfast. Or is it only the Republic Of Ireland?

NighTxX wrote: »
    Any plans to have any of the tournys in Northern Ireland? you know in the most amazing esports city ever - Belfast. Or is it only the Republic Of Ireland?

We are in talks with certain establishments in Belfast to hold events in Ulster.
    We will be holding events in all 4 provinces before the grand final.

We want to give all gamers in Ireland the chance to attend and experience our events.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Oh sorry and 1 more question, you said you would release the details of the next all day event on Monday? It is now Tuesday! Any word on it?

Thanks for all the responses btw!

• Advertisement

NighTxX wrote: »
    Oh sorry and 1 more question, you said you would release the details of the next all day event on Monday? It is now Tuesday! Any word on it?

Thanks for all the responses btw!

Apoligies, The first all day Event will be held in Cork on the 22nd of October in the Gresham Metropole Hotel. I am awaiting conformation from UCC and CIT so that students for those colleges may avail of a 20% discount.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

xios763

I'll play, get knocked out and then go on the piss. Gonna be a night of the nerds in waterford city :)

ciaran, u on the beer that night so? :D
    €2.50 drinks in the foundry... wicked

Yup :)

Xios wrote: »
    xios763

I'll play, get knocked out and then go on the piss. Gonna be a night of the nerds in waterford city :)

Xios, don't forget you have to pre-register for this event. We need conformation on numbers before the event itself so we can guarantee prizes.

To register please purchase your ticket here

If you need any help mail me or contact us on live support via our website

Regards,
    Flanders536

Thanks flanders, yeah i will register once i have money in my bank account, just gotta wait until money day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What time does this start/expected to end?

Orizio wrote: »
    What time does this start/expected to end?

The event on the 8th in Revs, doors are at 6:30pm the first match in StarCraft2 will start at 7pm, if we get all 16 gamers we hope to have it concluded by 1am.

Regards
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Flanders my man, its Dan.

Woulda loved to get down to this but prior arrangements, plus I'm ****ing rubbish

Might catch again though, if your involved its gonna be good and gonna be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Yeah Dan it should be deadly :D
    Last event had like 180 people at it, just need to get people registered so the tourney can go ahead :D

Just tought I would post a few images of the gaming Pc's we bought for our events that arrived today.

2qibqs6.jpg
    24pm16v.jpg
    wwfbdj.jpg

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

he's in canada.... :p

Your best off not thinking about it Sinister, shur I'd destroy your TvT opening round anyway...

he's in canada.... :p

: ((((((((((((((((((((((
    Your best off not thinking about it Sinister, shur I'd destroy your TvT opening round anyway...

Sure don't I know it!!

• Advertisement

At the moment we only have 3 people registered for this event, we will not run a tournament unless we get 8.

This is a pre-registered Starcraft 2 tournament. It is the only tournament where you must pay in advance as we cannot guarantee SC2 gamers on the night.

If we do not get 8 gamers by Thursday we will cancel the tournament and refund the money of anyone who has pre registered.

Regards,
    Flanders536

FFS people sign up.

Have you advertised this tournie on Team Liquid btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Right, getting 4 people registered tonight that'l bring it up to 7 :D Lets get the word out there!

Lacoona wrote: »
    Right, getting 4 people registered tonight that'l bring it up to 7 :D Lets get the word out there!

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Ill prob be registering in the next day or so too just been too busy to do it

This should get on TL and reddit.

We are up to 6 registers:
    1. Feanor.980
    2. david
    3. wikipal
    4. Tempest
    5. SayaBella
    6. Saini
    Two more and I will go ahead with the tournament.

Regards,
    Flander536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

add xios to that list. he will register in a few hours when he gets on.

• Advertisement

We are up to 7 registered:
    1. Feanor.980
    2. david
    3. wikipal
    4. Tempest
    5. SayaBella
    6. Saini
    7. Diriculous

Advertisement