Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet buddy needed!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Brel

I was very controlled all day yesterday, then just before I went go sleep, I ate cheese, crackers and sugar! I think maybe I need to eat a little more carbs during the day, so that I won't be craving them at night. I've been relatively well behaved today. I am really tempted to get a fruit scone this afternoon, but I figured if I confessed it here, it might fuel my willpower, which is had weakened a little! Hope you all are having a successful diet day! We must find a nicer word than 'diet'...!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Why don't you just have dinner at 8 o'clock or so? I have lunch at around 2 and then dinner at 8. I keep busy during those hours so I don't get hungry really. Also you should make sure there's nothing in the presses for you to raid, if you're going shopping don't buy biscuits or bread or any of that crap because otherwise you'll just eat it. Keep veg and meat and whatever else you need for dinner etc but snacks are not necessary.

How do you keep your energy up in between? I find a 6 hour gap like that too much and would be feeling 'out of it' about three hours in.

anigheh wrote: »
    I wish i had the energy to go anywhere!!! its one of those horrible ones... aching from head to toe wrecked tired worse than a toddler had two sleeps today!!! on the bright side no work till the weekend....

I had an achey flu a few weeks ago and it felt terrible, so I hope you get well soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Brel wrote: »
    How do you keep your energy up in between? I find a 6 hour gap like that too much and would be feeling 'out of it' about three hours in.

Well yesterday I had mackerel and salad for lunch at about 2. Then after work I cycled 10k to the gym and did weights for 30 mins. Then cycled home and had dinner. I don't feel out of it. You get used to it. The thing about losing weight is that you'll have to go through periods of feeling starving sometimes and just deal with it. Drink some water, that helps. People will say you can lose weight without feeling hungry but I'm not sure if that's true, and if it is, it will take forever doing it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I was very controlled all day yesterday, then just before I went go sleep, I ate cheese, crackers and sugar!

I'm a terror for doing this! When I get over tired, I'll often eat a load of sugary stuff to induce a sugar crash and help me get to sleep faster. Which, of course, results in a terrible restless sleep :rolleyes: its a habit well worth breaking :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I was so annoyed with myself for gaining a pound last week (it was my own fault though), so I didn't put much effort into my circuit training on Monday night...I'm back into the swing of things now though :)

Does anyone else find that if they gain a bit or lose nothing that they get terribly discouraged? How do you fire yourself up again straightaway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm a terror for doing this! When I get over tired, I'll often eat a load of sugary stuff to induce a sugar crash and help me get to sleep faster. Which, of course, results in a terrible restless sleep :rolleyes: its a habit well worth breaking :D

Sorry but I can never understand this about dieters. Why do you have this stuf available to you in your house, if you're trying to avoid it? My friend's flatmate is huge, always going on about diets etc, yet her cupboard is full of chocolate and crisps and biscuits. If you don't buy these things you can't be tempted by them at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pandabear2011

i everyone i am totally new to boards and am wondering can i join in. i have about 2 and a half stone to lose ideally three would be great too. thinking of joining weight watchers next week. what do ye recommend. anyone know how i could lose 2 stone by february without starvation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

I also keep thinking i will join weightwatchers or unislim, then i decide i know all i need to know about nutrition and diet i dont need to hand over my hard earned cash to be told wot i already know...:confused:
    I suppose my story with weight started in 2006 wen i was diagnosed with cancer, after 6 months that consisted of surgery, chemo and radiotherapy i had put on about 3 stone. I also had given up smoking the year before i was diagnosed so a few extra pounds gained there also..... so in 2007 the diet started and i suppose i have been fairly successful in the sense that i have lost all except 1 stone of the total gain. In the aftermath of my treatment i must have signed up for every weightloss, fitness and health food email that has ever been written. So that brings me to where i am now i decide this is it i am going to make a serious effort and if im honest i just dont......so maybe i dont know all i think i know.....:( so wot next?????

I wasn't particularly well-behaved food-wise during the evenings this week, however I am still about 2 pounds lighter than I was on Monday :/

I have decided that I am not on a diet but instead am just vein conscious of daily intake and enjoying being somewhat in control again. I forget how it actually feels better to be in control than to have a fruit scone in the afternoon!

Going for a walk later. Not sure how the weekend will go. I'll have to try and stay busy to keep this on track!

How are you all doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm a bit late to the party, but could use some support - i've put on about 2 stone since getting married, and have been good and bad by turns for a few weeks now. And I've had enough...

So I'm aiming for about 1500-1700 calories high protein, medium carb, low fat.
    Hopefully that will work along with some morning zumba.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pandabear2011

is the zumbA good do you build up a sweat?

Surprisingly good! I don't go to a class, but I have a video on the laptop for when I'm traveling, and the PS3 version when I'm at home.

I suppose you get out what you put into it, but it's MUCH more fun than most other exercise routines I've tried to do, and I even find myself humming the workout music when I get out of bed.

I haven't stuck with it for long enough to tell you that it really works, but I think anything that gets you shaking your tail feathers can't be bad!

So, diet buddies - this is my plan, does anyone see any major issues with this?
    I would love a second or third opinion :)

Brekkie: Yoghurt (one small pot) and one handful of nutty granola, with a dollop of honey.

Lunch: aiming for about 500 calories, but have a tendency to eat on the run. Typically left overs from dinner the night before, or half a chicken/veg pizza (thin crust), or an omelet

Dinner: random and variable - often: stir fries, chicken fajita, thai beef salad, pork chops and couscous.

I think I need more fruit, but it just goes off.
    Maybe I could add some frozen berries to the brekkie?

Oh and water - I swear I am a cactus - I can go days without drinking anything at all! If anyone has a trick for helping you to remember to drink the water, I'm all ears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Having a cack week when it comes to dieting but I'm determined to get it under control this week. My dads taking me to the gym with him when he goes in to lift his weights so I'm hoping he'll give me some tips!

Starting a new job next week so I think that will definitely help me get in more of routine food wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

Well on the mend after my viral infection.... doing really good this week so far(ya i know its only monday!!)..... nothing like being unwell to help you lose a few pounds...now to keep it off:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

I'm the same as everyone :o I badly need some motivation. I wish there was still food diaries on this. I'd love if I had to post what I'd eaten everyday and get feedback it'd make it easier I think! I'm 5'7 and around 12 stone. I used to be 10 and would love to get back to that!
    I'm a glutton for chocolate/crisps when I'm tired after work and college. I also love creamy cheesy things. Takeaways too are where I fall down a lot! I'm sick of going on healthy eating sprees then giving up after a week or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

God Marthamydear, I honestly am the same as you but I'm only 5ft4!

Seriously need to cut out the late night binges. I think I'm just bored. any suggestions for snacks anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

tatabubbly wrote: »
    God Marthamydear, I honestly am the same as you but I'm only 5ft4!

Seriously need to cut out the late night binges. I think I'm just bored. any suggestions for snacks anyone?

I like snacking on strawberries, cherry tomatoes, grapes, yoghurt...I know their calorie and sugar content still count, but they're better than a Mars bar like!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Having a cack week when it comes to dieting but I'm determined to get it under control this week. My dads taking me to the gym with him when he goes in to lift his weights so I'm hoping he'll give me some tips!

Starting a new job next week so I think that will definitely help me get in more of routine food wise.

I definitely find the job routine helps with the food routine, mainly because I am not near a cupboard full of snacks! Also, I often eat out of boredom or habit and I find that I am too distracted at work to fall into that trap.

Good luck in your new job!!

• Advertisement

I'm the same as everyone :o I badly need some motivation. I wish there was still food diaries on this. I'd love if I had to post what I'd eaten everyday and get feedback it'd make it easier I think!

Since we can't post food diaries, maybe we could post a daily honest analysis of how we got on during the day. Sort of like a general diet confessional rather than a record of specific foods. Basically what we are all doing already, but just a daily version of it, to begin with anyway. Since we know that we will have to check in at the end of the day, maybe it would motivate us and make us feel like we have support? Just an idea! :P

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Since we can't post food diaries, maybe we could post a daily honest analysis of how we got on during the day. Sort of like a general diet confessional rather than a record of specific foods. Basically what we are all doing already, but just a daily version of it, to begin with anyway. Since we know that we will have to check in at the end of the day, maybe it would motivate us and make us feel like we have support? Just an idea! :P
    Ive been keeping an eye on this thread, because it is very easy for it to drift into food diary territory. Your suggestion here brings it even closer to that.

We have had problems with food diaries in the past, there were good reasons why they were closed. I can understand why you all feel that its helpful to have a buddies here to encourage you, but it can end up being a slippery slope back into the same old problems that the food diaries caused.

With that in mind, I am going to lock this thread for now. I have spoken to the other mods about this. I know you all will be dissappointed to see this locked and you will want to discuss that, and you can pm any of us about it (but preferably either myself or g'em).

Thanks for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement