Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Tea with Oliver Callan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Poly wrote: »
    I think they stole the Robbie Keane/interpreter idea from Mario

He has stolen a lot of material from Mario - the Miriam one is very similar, especially the whole "genuinely" thing. Although in fairness to Callen, even though his material isn't as good as Mario's on Gift Grub overall, he is better doing impressions of certain acts such as Bertie, Norris, Biffo and Inda.I always find his Noonan impression below par though - Mario does him far better. Same goes for the Moan Burton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Better today in my opinion.. He's gotta drop the childish nicknames though Leo Veruka, baldy, Moan Burton... not clever, not funny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

SB-08 wrote: »
    He has stolen a lot of material from Mario - the Miriam one is very similar, especially the whole "genuinely" thing. Although in fairness to Callen, even though his material isn't as good as Mario's on Gift Grub overall, he is better doing impressions of certain acts such as Bertie, Norris, Biffo and Inda.I always find his Noonan impression below par though - Mario does him far better. Same goes for the Moan Burton.

mario was never especially close to those he mimicks but his material is vastly superior to callans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shockingly I think its getting better, the Odd Couple in the Aras remains the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I just got a mail from MCD now saying he's in the Olympia! Jesus wept! Another case of copying Mario! It must have been a quiet time at the Olympia if they let him in!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

mike65 wrote: »
    Shockingly I think its getting better....

Well it couldn't really get any worse.

Good again today so far.. A real improvement over his earlier shows and first series..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

only part i find funny is the paul galvin sketches but then again the real paul galvin is funny without someone mimicking him

it faded towards the end... Not mad on the Galvin stuff.. and calling Leo Varadkar "Veruca" is not funny... Finished off today with another stupid song...

Still needs writing work but it is improving..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thought it was fecking awfull TBH.

BUT in fairness it is better than it was. i think its the repetitive nature of some of it that gets to me.

the "veruka" and "moan" stuff for example , it just screams of lazy writing. theres only so long you can flog a joke before it dies completely.

the fecking "IReLAnd, EIre...." etc introduction is starting to do my head in too . its getting to the stage where i want to punch the person doing it.

• Advertisement

This week on Green Tea "Sinead O'Connor gets married, and Sean Fitzpatrick meets the Gardaí"

Is he allowed to cover that topic.??? Are RTE about to make another fukup.. Surely Fitzpatrick will argue that whatever is said, it will prejudice the case against him?

its been not too bad so far this week.

but thats the worst homer simpson impersonation ive ever heard !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I love when Enda mentions the "tin of lilt". :D

I thought it was very good. He had a right go at Paul Galvin's sexual orientation today. Oliver has some cahones on him...

got a laugh out of the lucindia creighton "sinead o connor rule" that limits referendums at 4.

actually bought it for a bit when marion played it in her show as its about as dumb as something she'd say in real life !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Does Callen think that David Hanley still presents Morning Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I thought it was quite good today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Greenman wrote: »
    I thought it was quite good today.:)

Between Leos bombs , Endas blame game , Gilmores Green Jerseys & Noonans lifestyles you really should not be short of comical material, yet Callan relys on jokes about Trappatoni confusing Hungry with Hungary......better but still failing to deliver.

Opening todays programme with a joke about this weeks riot in Egypt was in very poor taste.
    Especially as the 'joke' made reference to the death toll.

Very sick form by Callan.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Lapin wrote: »
    Opening todays programme with a joke about this weeks riot in Egypt was in very poor taste.
    Especially as the 'joke' made reference to the death toll.

Very sick form by Callan.
    Totally out of order. Also to present it as a news story made it worse, if that were possible!
    Bottom of the barrel stuff there. Actually who do you complain to about something like that ? He should not get away it.

Would you believe I fell asleep during it.. Was woken up by the hysterical squaking of Charlie Bird at 1.40pm.. I'll listen back to it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

thought that opening bit was extremely bad form n not remotely funny myself

That narrator (who is she anyway?) makes this sound like a transition year production at the annual school concert.

That narrator (who is she anyway?) makes this sound like a transition year production at the annual school concert.

Hi Lapin, I'm beginning to think you're sitting outside my house listening to everything I'm listening to..:)

The sketch on the EU people coming in to the airport and seeing all the buildings that ARENT there was quite good.. I find the narrator a real turn off..

Hi Lapin, I'm beginning to think you're sitting outside my house listening to everything I'm listening to..:)

I've been rumbled. ;)

article-1394346-052C742D000005DC-626_468x286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm keeping an eye out for that van.....I was listening too. Didn't think today was up to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

the narator is meant to be jean byrne from met eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

the sketch on the kellys who are camped outside thier kiliney home was timely , those people are offically a laughing stock now and rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

the sketch on the kellys who are camped outside thier kiliney home was timely , those people are offically a laughing stock now and rightly so

thought that was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Is Green Tea coming this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Greenman wrote: »
    Is Green Tea coming this season?

If so, he will be vying for airtime with 'Irish Pictorial Boatly' and Mario Rosenstock, who personally I think are much better.

Advertisement