Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Cave!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The concept of a 'man cave' is not a man's creation. It was concocted in the vapid broth of The View or some other 'women, doin' ih fo' theyselves' type drek vehicle.

Most normal men would call it a room or the spare room.

Man Cave, what a total load of codswallop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Downlinz wrote: »
    Looking at some of those "man cave" shots make me belief house interiors would be so much more interesting and attractive if men were the driving design forces than women.

I seriously WANT some of those rooms

They just look like tacky American pubs. :confused:
    The concept of a 'man cave' is not a man's creation. It was concocted in the vapid broth of The View or some other 'women, doin' ih fo' theyselves' type drek vehicle.

Women... what? How did women come up with the idea of men having their own playrooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

They just look like tacky American pubs. :confused:

Women... what? How did women come up with the idea of men having their own playrooms?

Because men would call it the spare room and then put their stuff in said room. Man Cave, get back in yer box, Whoopi Goldberg.

It is not just a man thing, everyone needs a place they can go to have "me time". The more people you live with in terms of partner(s) or Child(ren) the more one needs this and I highly recommend it.

As much as I love my girlfriends I find I have been investing myself in quite a lot of DIY projects or varying degrees of pure insanity in order to have my "me time" away from them but for many simple having a games room with an XBox or reading the paper on the toilet for an hour is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A vagina is the only man cave we men need.

Pussies, the lot of you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Confab wrote: »
    A vagina is the only man cave we men need.

Pussies, the lot of you..

Yeah, but trying to fit a 42" TV & console or invite a bunch of friends round for a game of poker in there could get awkward.

Huh huh huh he said "poke 'er in there" Huh huh huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Dis be mine:

a3072589.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Dis be mine:

a3072589.jpg

More of a garage than a man cave really....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Dis be mine:

a3072589.jpg

Not bad. Needs a sofa though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

bigneacy wrote: »
    More of a garage than a man cave really....

yeah, a cave should at the minimum have a recliner, a 50inch plasma tv, a bar, a poker table and a pool table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Them their man caves are the size of 3 bed semi D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

some class looking places on here:

http://www.mancaveworldwide.com/fb/83145099499

After reading a bit of this tread I started getting excited and very imaginative mind you, about what I could do with my 10x12 shed..then I clicked the link, utter utter depression, sadness and wtf have I done with my life kicked in. So it's back to my own man cave, the toilet under the stairs. *weep's like a child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Not bad. Needs a sofa though.

The sofa, keyboards, decks and drinks fridge are upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I dont get it, a lot of those spaces dont even fit some of the basic requirements of a "Man space":
    271126_10150244981314500_77860674499_7016464_3797247_n.jpg

That ones a kitchen!!

270352_10150240002814500_77860674499_6963031_806311_n.jpg

This is a BEDROOM?!

269772_10150251319289500_77860674499_7074092_7367909_n.jpg

This isnt even indoors?!

But i have to say, some take the CAVE part of it and make it something special:

263177_10150251426144500_77860674499_7074665_1540144_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I have a man cave for hifi purposes, and I spent stupid amounts of money on stuff for it back in the glory days. I hardly ever set foot in it now. It taunts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

My fantasy house will contain a massive basement complete with micro-brewery and bar, with obligatory flatscreen TV of course.

This will no doubt have to be offset with a designer kitchen and walk-in wardrobe for herself.

We can share the gym in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Is this what the modern western man has to look forward to now? Relegated to tinker away with your train sets in some shed while your wife has the whole house to do with as she wishes? I hope I'm never in a marriage like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Diapason wrote: »
    I have a man cave for hifi purposes, and I spent stupid amounts of money on stuff for it back in the glory days. I hardly ever set foot in it now. It taunts me.

At least you got to finish your's and dont have a half built "folly" in your front garden :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Get real Capadres !

We muppits in ireland have at best a barna shed so your dreams of the above pics is over. Make do with some robbed bar glasses an old smelly couch and some stolen optics and a 7up bottle to piss in !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Some of the places in the first link look like the interior of a nightclub.
    Makes me think the guys who designed them really should become designers who build entire houses. Coming home to an entire house with that kind of slick colour scheme etc woulc be sweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Standman wrote: »
    Is this what the modern western man has to look forward to now? Relegated to tinker away with your train sets in some shed while your wife has the whole house to do with as she wishes? I hope I'm never in a marriage like that.

Totally agree. And those spaces are childish and sh!t. Imagine having to spend your recreation time in one. Hate that.

The solution is your own house with wires and cables and speakers and things all over it everywhere you please!

Keep herself happy by dedicating one room in the house to haveing a sink, dishwasher, washing machine, cooker etc to cook and clean in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PASSION8MAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

how did I know this was going to be someones less than tenth post ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I have a man cave. Although it is referred to as the lair. It has everything I want except for a bar. I have sky plus, xbox, big tv, bench press and weights, two recliners, a view to the wilderness, a fireplace and a nice speaker system.

I feel very lucky to have it and probable would go mad without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

If money was no object id a shed/workshop with all the tools under the sun ,and maybe restore a car or something along that lines

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PASSION8MAN

Saila wrote: »
    how did I know this was going to be someones less than tenth post ^

what do you mean by that :confused:

this is actually my first post ever here but Ive been lurking for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

cool man cave, we have the same technics hifi system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I have my loft.

So you hang out in the attic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I think it was Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.......remember the gf mentioning some nonsense

Advertisement