Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcraft [Poll]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Maybe
    Its sad that this isnt looking likely, it would have been pretty awesome imo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Maybe
    Yep but even if it doesnt work out at least we have potential for one in the near future, but hopeful the place gets sorted before its too late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Maybe
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't get back. Simply put, didn't manage to get back to Dublin since the start of the week (I live in Wexford) and so I was reliant on OH's sister to find out for me as she works in the bar, but I didn't hear back from her. It's not ruled out completely, but I wouldn't think it too likely all the same, will let you know if someone gets back to me. Failing that, given the advance notice to the Paris one that should be pretty feasible and will talk to the barman myself about it if this one doesn't work out (don't want to name names but pub is pretty cosy without being a box and cheap enough)

Also, Saini, I know the LAN was a total sausage fest but I was the exception to the rule!

Maybe
    Sunshine! wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't get back. Simply put, didn't manage to get back to Dublin since the start of the week (I live in Wexford) and so I was reliant on OH's sister to find out for me as she works in the bar, but I didn't hear back from her. It's not ruled out completely, but I wouldn't think it too likely all the same, will let you know if someone gets back to me. Failing that, given the advance notice to the Paris one that should be pretty feasible and will talk to the barman myself about it if this one doesn't work out (don't want to name names but pub is pretty cosy without being a box and cheap enough)

Also, Saini, I know the LAN was a total sausage fest but I was the exception to the rule!

Lol sorry I had a feeling but hadnt spoke to you at the lan and tbh I was ment to have kept my comments gender-less, anyway thanks for doing the leg work and if it doesnt happy no big deal at least we can prove we have numbers of ppl for the future which will allow organisation to be easier

Maybe
    Tis ok, I'm just surprised by the number of people on boards that thinks "Sunshine!" is a guy... I think you gathered from seeing me I'm not exactly girly so wanted anonymity on this site instead of going for my usual IDs when I set up the account, kinda regret that now :P But next time say hi, I don't bite =D (much)

But yeah am well impressed with the amount of people interested in a barcraft, cheers muchly for coming up with the poll and the advertising etc, had thought the numbers'd be nowhere near the level of interest and am quite optimistic that this'll work out, either tomorrow (fingers crossed!) or in October :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Secludus

Maybe
    Tis ok, I'm just surprised by the number of people on boards that thinks "Sunshine!" is a guy... I think you gathered from seeing me I'm not exactly girly so wanted anonymity on this site instead of going for my usual IDs when I set up the account, kinda regret that now :P But next time say hi, I don't bite =D (much)

But yeah am well impressed with the amount of people interested in a barcraft, cheers muchly for coming up with the poll and the advertising etc, had thought the numbers'd be nowhere near the level of interest and am quite optimistic that this'll work out, either tomorrow (fingers crossed!) or in October :)

You will be my new favorite person if you can sort a place for tomorrow. Late notice is fine, I will be watching DH at home anyway.

Maybe

Ye I spent last lan upstairs trying to fix my f****ing computer which wouldin't work so didn't talk alot unless ppl were upstairs but name on list kinda rang a bell :D.

Ye same I thought I would get downvoted on reddit and mayb get 10 at most off boards but it does seem like there is a real presence and I will defo go once the pub is sorted no matter the no's cause my love of game :D or watch it home alone which I encourage ppl to mayb watch on the boards irc and at least converse GL everyone

Maybe
    Am now quite unlikely to make it to Dublin tomorrow: had quite a stupid accident and am now nursing a broken tailbone. ARGH. If I brave the Bus Eireann trip I'll let ye know but think I'll be whinging to myself for forseeable future :o

Maybe
    DH Valencia has started now. Its looking quiet awesome.

I guess this barcraft isnt happening this time but the demand is there for the next MLG.
    If something does happen in the next hour i would still be up for heading into the city

Maybe
    Odds are nothing is gonna happen but this was a success in terms of now we know the numbers exist and it may be worth organising in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Maybe
    We should definetley organise something for MLG.

Maybe
    The best thing would be a hotel with opening hours for residents but could be a bit pricey

Maybe
    You could do most of championship sunday assuming they keep similar times to MLR Raleigh which is the same time zone as orlando;
    http://turbodiisel.com/mlg-raleigh/

The finals were 12 our time so any where that will open till 1 would be ok.

But before that we have IPL3 which is looking very good;
    http://ie.ign.com/ipl/starcraft2/tournaments/ipl3

It's the 6th to the 9th of october. The times will probably suck for us but the morning matches should be on at a reasonable time

The main thing is to get a spot with a very good web connection, big screens and a sound system we can plug into.
    Iv'e only just moved up here so dont know any pubs in dublin but I am more than willing to help ye in organising any future barcraft.

You know, for esports.

Maybe
    Ill help with what I can but I am moving up the north and starting a full-time job so I wont have alot of time to organise anything but I will do online stuff posting and responding to queries if you or someone else can do the leg work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Maybe
    Yeah we don't want to have to stream in 240p because the pub's internet connnection can't handle any more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 safjx

Maybe
    It was actually a problem with twitch tv: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/kivv9/dreamhack_valencia_lag_issues/

SCReddit,
    We’re so sorry for the issues some of you have experienced during the DreamHack Valencia stream. We wanted to clear the air and let you know exactly what’s going on. So here it goes:
    Earlier today we identified a bug with our commercial system which forced viewers to reload the stream after each commercial. This lead to an imbalance which routed many viewers into already overloaded servers, thus causing lag.
    As a quick fix, we’ve started offloading traffic to Akamai (a major European CDN) which can handle massive fluctuations like those caused by viewers reconnecting after each commercial. I assure you that our development team’s absolute priority is resolving this issue in a timely fashion. Additionally, we are in the process of spinning up brand new data centers in Amsterdam and Dallas with further expansion planned, which should ensure more stable video delivery in the future. These servers will be put into action within the week.
    Again, we sincerely apologize for the issues during the course of this event. We are consistently striving to provide the best possible platform for eSports broadcasting, and we take pride in our quality of service, so failings like this are simply unacceptable.
    Thanks for staying patient. We'll continue to update you as we work on resolving these issues.
    edit: special thanks to R1CH from TeamLiquid for helping us pin down this bug.
    ~ The TwitchTV Hivemind Team

Maybe
    I can do the leg work, i live in ranelagh so getting in to the city is no problem. My only issue is I don't know the pubs of dublin. I can easily go in an ask any pub to let us do this but i have no idea where to start asking.

It might be an idea to set up another barcraft "organizing" thread so we can get this done in time for IPL 3 or at least MLG Orlando. We will of course need a pub but we will also need laptops to stream from as well as a good sound system etc which takes a while to get together.

But this is your and sunshines idea and community though so i will let ye decide the best course of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

No, not interested at all
    come to waterford. i have a solid internet connection, access to a 120" hd projector, and a big fridge for tons of beers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he also has a good selection of rape wigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yeah sorry, whats your paypal again? forgot to pay you..

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Hoping to make it to Dublin not this weekend but the weekend after to visit sister when she's on a flying visit from Luxembourg and gonna ask about barcraft inperson then. Just be warned if it goes ahead I'll be walking like a Queen off creep :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sunshine, if it's of any help, I can throw some "official" Boards.ie weight behind it (and you've met me, I'm not a small man :p). PM me if you think I can help.

Maybe
    IPL 3 details are out
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267970

Starts at 4 PM each day. It would be awesome if we could get this barcraft set up for the sunday (9th of october)

Just tell me what i have to do to make this happen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know where Sunshine was talking to, but I can think of a couple of places I might be able to talk with about making something happen. We should be able to organise something though, I'd definitely fancy some IPL Barcrafting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

would these places have a big tv(s) and a decent internet connection though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Maybe
    Would people be willing to travel to Stillorgan(about 20 minutes on the bus south of the city center of Dublin) for a barcraft? I know of a pub there that has internet and a fairly big upstairs room that's rarely used. I'm pretty friendly with the staff and reckon I could convince them to give it a go if the numbers would turn up. They also have a late license there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Maybe
    Stillorgan's just up the road from my parents house, so that's cool with me.

Maybe
    Sundays don't suit me anymore and mayb not fridays as I cant get a train til 7 and thats quite expensive god dam work :(.
    If its on a saturday Ill make it no matter where it is located or time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 safjx

Maybe
    Stillorgan is probably the best place outside of the middle of town to do Barcraft as it's got the 46a to town: best bus in the entire country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

No, but would be interesting in another Date(If so state below possible idea of when)
    If you make it, they will come.

Advertisement