Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe wants to kill off the Motorcycle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Just got my first bike 7 weeks ago, always been into bikes and picked up a really nice 01 virago cruser to cut my teeth on. This is shocking to me as my plans to get a custom bike next summer are totally up in the air. Im not against all the changes mentioned, obviously some are good ideas, but all this crap about not being able to install after market parts, even if they are BETTER and SAFER than stock parts? Thats just nuts, simple as. And people to draw the comparison between bike modders and boy racers is also total crap. Ive heard a bit of this the last few days. Theirs a big difference between a nice bike humming along and a nissan micra with a big back box hanging off it full of 17 year olds listening to music on their phones! Give me a break ffs. Custom bikez FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

AgileMyth wrote: »
    My tires are a different brand than the original ones. Am I right in thinking this won't be allowed under the proposed system? :eek:

Yes. Indeed, in Germany it is virtually like that already. You cannot fit a tyre to your bike that is not listed on the Kfz-schein (taxbook, to you & me). Even spark plugs.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement