Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Huho wrote: »
    pajero12 wrote: »
    No they dont, You'll have your exam number in time!

You won't have it in time, you have to put your name and date of birth in instead.

Where did you hear this? The deadline's around the same time as last year and we had our exam numbers on time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

I find this project quite easy, although I did pick quite a simple bottle and my intended concept is even easier again. Doing the graphical representation was the most time consuming of the lot as I don't like drawing/sketching glass, it's worse as most of it is curved in some way. :mad:
    By the looks of it, I think I'll be done on time....(I hope).

EDIT: I've also added the internal assembly of the atomizer. Including spring. It takes a while to get the right dimensions, but it looks good when it's done, especially if the assembly is visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gar.ie

what do you actually have 2 do 4 output 1 ? i sorta skipped it at the start :/ and my teacher doesnt know what hes doin !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

gar.ie wrote: »
    what do you actually have 2 do 4 output 1 ? i sorta skipped it at the start :/ and my teacher doesnt know what hes doin !!!
    Output 1 is basically an overview of the features of the project, be it sat nav, games controller, or perfume bottle. I posted my brief up a page or two back, check it for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 antok93

what's yer ideas for concept? I am completely stuck as what way you could make a perfume bottle better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Fiendish Human

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I posted my brief up a page or two back, check it for reference.

Just noticed that there :) Thank you, it helps a lot! :D

any ideas for part b guys ?

antok93 wrote: »
    what's yer ideas for concept? I am completely stuck as what way you could make a perfume bottle better?
    any ideas for part b guys ?

What I'm doing is choosing something I quite like and base it around that. Add a few more things that you have a remote interest in et Voila, a concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pauldeering

i there i am doing this bottle just wondering if it is ok to do a bottle that is not in production? http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/04/01/a-perfume-for-a-mans-man/

Cydoniac wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/UGP3s

Here is my portfolio for anyone who wishes to use it as a reference. My sketching could have been a bit cleaner, but there you go. Probably have a stronger theme too, I was at a loss as to what to categorise my design under.

Also, what the previous poster is saying is very important! You're given a copy of Solidworks to plan out or practice on, NOT to do the project at home! Don't get caught out on something like that.

Great folio! Very clean and simple. Do you mind me asking what it got? I basically just want to do what you did, with this years project :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tractorstreacy

any1 av an idea how to pinch in the sides of the calvin klein euphoria bottle in solidworks!! Its torture cant master it at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DJDontaz

I'm finding the SA very difficult. It makes hard to get 5 parts for a thing which only has 1 function. I'm only on Output 5 & 6. Really pushed for time.

Great folio! Very clean and simple. Do you mind me asking what it got? I basically just want to do what you did, with this years project :D
    B2. I mean, I was a bit disappointed to be fair because I expected it to be higher, the sketching isn't perfect but I did feel presentation was good. Might have been the exam that brought down my marks. Never got it rechecked because I got the points for my course (which incidentally involves tech graph education :) )

antok93 wrote: »
    Some buzzwords to help: Ergonomics, aesthetic appeal, functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I chose music as my theme for my concept design andI decided that I was going to make a guitar perfume bottle. My teacher isn't letting me do this. He said my work has been of a high standard so far and he feels doing a guitar will bring my grade down. He got another teacher for a 2nd opinion who said the same. I'm obviously going to change because after all they know better than me

But I was wondering what are your thoughts on this?

anybody want to post a photrealistic view of their bottle, see how you got on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Has everyone done the pump for their bottle? I have 6 parts done and you only need 5 but I feel the pump could really get me the extra marks. I dunno if I have the time tho and it seems very very hard to do. Have all of ye done a pump for your bottle?

Irish94 wrote: »
    Has everyone done the pump for their bottle? I have 6 parts done and you only need 5 but I feel the pump could really get me the extra marks. I dunno if I have the time tho and it seems very very hard to do. Have all of ye done a pump for your bottle?

I just took my bottle apart and made every part. There weren't too many in total and the parts in the pump were really easy to make (You just draw a sketch and revolve it for most of them) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Any input or tips on making a new bottle from output 7 on as part of a concept? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

earwax_man wrote: »
    Any input or tips on making a new bottle from output 7 on as part of a concept? :P

something simple that ticks all the boxes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

I wouldn't if I were ye

1)Giving away yer ideas!
    2) I am fairly sure it is illegal!!

• Advertisement

I chose music as my theme for my concept design andI decided that I was going to make a guitar perfume bottle. My teacher isn't letting me do this. He said my work has been of a high standard so far and he feels doing a guitar will bring my grade down. He got another teacher for a 2nd opinion who said the same. I'm obviously going to change because after all they know better than me

But I was wondering what are your thoughts on this?
    I don't understand what their reasoning behind that is. I mean, if you made a technically impressive model of a guitar bottle I fail to see what the problem is. Did they say why specifically it would bring your grade down?
    Best not to post your project online, better safe than sorry. You could find someone to PM each other though. Make sure to experiment with the types of glass textures SW has and certain scenes in Photoworks will really bring out the glass effect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

Has anybody got SolidWorks 2009 installed on windows 7 x64 bit???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

n0ak wrote: »
    Has anybody got SolidWorks 2009 installed on windows 7 x64 bit???

I have it on Windows 7 32 bit. Don't see why there would be a problem on 64bit if you have the 64 bit disk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reillylad100

Jusy wondering how far people are into there projects at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Is it a bad idea to re-use parts from the first bottle on the second bottle ? if that were the case i would only re-use the mechanism part and the spray cap. i might change the colour or something of them but the other parts will be new ones (Bottle,cap etc.) so... Bad idea ?

Is it a bad idea to re-use parts from the first bottle on the second bottle ? if that were the case i would only re-use the mechanism part and the spray cap. i might change the colour or something of them but the other parts will be new ones (Bottle,cap etc.) so... Bad idea ?
    Probably a good idea to just make a little modification at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I have it on Windows 7 32 bit. Don't see why there would be a problem on 64bit if you have the 64 bit disk

By the way there is a problem It cant open the file drawing.exe
    and shows error now I Installed and cracked 2010 SW!! Works gr8 but its not allowed though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reillylad100

I only have output one and two done and halfway through my solid works on part A! should i be worried ?

I only have output one and two done and halfway through my solid works on part A! should i be worried ?
    :eek:
    Ermm...yeah I think you should be...
    You may want to spend more time in school getting that solidworks done. Once it's out of the way, the rest is plain sailing (kinda)

• Advertisement

It's due near the end of January, but at this stage you'd want to be wrapping it up. Do the Solidworks in school, you're able to do the rest in your own time, you have the Christmas holidays now to really push for a good project!

Advertisement