Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

percol guatemala fairtrade coffee reduced at tesco

Options
  • 06-09-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Can't find my receipt, but 227g bags of ground reduced to €1.02 from approx €4.30(ish)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2ns9coi.jpg

still €4.09 online anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Found my receipt, I had the price right, and am now the proud owner of 4 packs;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

what does it taste like?

also..what's the best before date on the pack...coffee is often reduced when BBD is coming close...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Cicero wrote: »
    what does it taste like?

also..what's the best before date on the pack...coffee is often reduced when BBD is coming close...?
    not sure about the fair trade stuff, but i got a pack of their black & beyond extra strength beans and they're mighty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

vibe666 wrote: »
    not sure about the fair trade stuff, but i got a pack of their black & beyond extra strength beans and they're mighty. :)

I'll certainly give it a try at that price...ta...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you like it strong and you've got a grinder, i can highly recommend the black & beyond, it's very deep & rich, but without being too bitter. i'm a sucker for a latte, but i like it really strong and it does a really good job imho. :)

not so sure you'll get the black & beyond cheap, but it's still well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bbd is Nov 2012, haven't tasted it yet. Bought it in ballybrack but was also in dun laoghaire, so presume its all stores

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is this beans or ground coffee?

Edit: Nevermind, I re-read the original post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks, got some in Douglas earlier, was marked full price on the shelf but indeed did scan at €1.02. Loads still left on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

None in Tallaght at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Reduced price is on shelf in Paul Street Cork, but stock all gone as of this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Galway have a yellow sticker up for that price but no stock :(

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Reduced label on shelf in Rathfarnham + Nutgrove but no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Plenty in stock at 1.02 in finglas clearwater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carrieodonnell

Out of stock Tesco Clearwater yesterday (Friday, 9th September).

Out of Stock Tesco Bloomfields (Dun Laoghaire) yesterday (Friday 9th September) - yellow stick with the €1.02 special price was on the shelf.

Jervis Street, Phibsboro & Prussia Street don't stock this coffee.

Percol Fairtrade Organic Guatemala Coffee 227G is appearing as the full price online.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

I got the last six packets in Carlow last night. Very nice coffee it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Out of stock Tesco Clearwater yesterday (Friday, 9th September).

Sorry for this, got the last 2 here on friday just before 2pm
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

None in their old Dundalk store, managed to get the last pack stuffed among another brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Plenty of stock on sunday in clearwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

none in the cresent limerick or roxboro but plenty in tesco nenagh:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

About 10 more of them available in Clarehall as of 1.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I got a packet of this stuff.

Its, um, not up to much

Aldis Java is miles better ( even if it is over twice the price )

I suppose percol is OK if you like (whisper it ) mild coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Just got last 4 packs in Tesco Killarney. Only Guatemala blend reduced although all are marked €4.02. Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Certainly somewhat mild compared to my normal stuff (Java) but an extra spoon of it and it'll do. Drank (and paid for) worse. Still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

There are a good few left in Ballyfermot, be careful of the expiry dates though, they range from Jan 11 to march 12. Had to have a root for the mar 12 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Full price on the label in nutgrove but thanks to boards I price checked it and got 4 bags at cut price. Ta! Left some on shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I also got a few today in Tralee. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Still available Tesco Killarney today. Marked €4.02 but scanning €1.02 exp date 2013. Has been restocked and still scanning at low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I'm thinking of getting some more, but have yet to try it - is it nice & strong?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought it was a bit yuck. Maybe there is a reason why it is priced so low.

Advertisement