Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Dating....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fe1sagain

Depending on what food you like, Wagamommas off stephens green is a cool place for a date. Its informal and reasonably inexpensive. A main is quite filling for around 12e. Serves asian type food. Rice and noodles.

Or Elephant and Castle in temple bar and get the wings to share. So messy but really tasty! Depending on how busy it is when you arrive for a table you can pop in for a drink instead of waiting?! Then get hagandaas icecream for desert as you walk home/around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

fe1sagain wrote: »
    Depending on what food you like, Wagamommas off stephens green is a cool place for a date. Its informal and reasonably inexpensive. A main is quite filling for around 12e. Serves asian type food. Rice and noodles.

Or Elephant and Castle in temple bar and get the wings to share. So messy but really tasty! Depending on how busy it is when you arrive for a table you can pop in for a drink instead of waiting?! Then get hagandaas icecream for desert as you walk home/around.

Funny you should say that as I am addicted to wings but don't like the ones in E&C. I know, shock horror!!

Took a walk about town today and looked at a few early birds and have shortlisted a few placed.

On a side note it would be good to keep this thread going as a reference for recession dating(not necessarily first dates) for people. Il be sure to let you know where I choose to go and what the food and place were like.

Cheers

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

The Harbourmaster has a nice snacks menu, everything in and around a tenner so it's not a formal meal but nice food. Wings are yum.

Thaispice is also pretty good and not very expensive.

Le Bon Crubeen (talbotstreet) is excellent food and great value.

Gourmet Burger Kitchen..though it depends how much you are trying to impress on first date ;)

If you can possibly get in for the early bird menus, there are some great deals out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The Harbourmaster has a nice snacks menu, everything in and around a tenner so it's not a formal meal but nice food. Wings are yum.

Defo.. large wings n chips please.. nyom nyom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If its a daytime date, loads of the museums in Dublin are free. I love the natural history museum and the national gallery, just by Merrion Square.

If you're O2 you have daily treats which give you 2 for 1 on lots of resteraunts and cheap cinema tickets, and keep an eye on dealpage.ie for some cheap meal vouchers or whatever.

I love the burrito places in Dublin, think its like a tenner for a burrito and a drink, and you'd be stuffed!

And after a first date, a home cooked meal and a DVD is a great second date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Agreed. You impress her with your culinary skills, it's cheaper, and you have a way bigger chance of 'gettin it rode'.

Don't buy petrol station wine though. major faux pas.

Sky King wrote: »
    Agreed. You impress her with your culinary skills, it's cheaper, and you have a way bigger chance of 'gettin it rode'.

Don't buy petrol station wine though. major faux pas.

Agreed. Go for classy Tesco value. Always works on me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Agreed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Agreed. Go for classy Tesco value. Always works on me :cool:

So tesco wine gets a roide from you eh?

Cheap date and a sure thing.. what more could a guy want??? :D

I've only ever once had a guy give me wine! And that was from my boyfriend who can't drink so he gave me a bottle he was given.

Every time he cooks for me I get diluted orange, and I'm still a sure thing then ;)

And when I cook I provide myself with wine. :D

I'm as cheap as they get :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Kesk on upper leason streen, it's North African food, nice not to expensive. It has no wine license so you can buy one next door in the expensive wine shop, down the road in the SPAR or bring one with you from home, they don't charge corkage. Number is 016689793

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Maybe see if any of your family or friend with kids have a zoo memebrship.

Great place for a date :)

Advertisement