Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaurs are a conspiracy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I want to challenge people and stimulate debate.:)
    We are already sufficiently challenged. ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

mission-accomplished-obama.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Well there is at least one person who in this thread I would consider to be very challenged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

President Obama?

President Obama?

Not quite, lets not get sidetracked, can you further your copy & paste opinion about the faking of dinosaurs, I would love to know who they are

Dinosaurs never existed and they don't want you to know the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The moderators of the extremely lucrative Palaeontology forum of boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

THen move the thread over there and start doing some work for a change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

studiorat wrote: »
    THen move the thread over there and start doing some work for a change. :)

Unfortunately soapboxing is prohibited under the Palaeontology forum charter ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

This thread HAS to be trolling. I can't believe someone is THAT thick.

iamstop wrote: »
    This thread HAS to be trolling. I can't believe someone is THAT thick.

Be careful what you wish for, if it is trolling that means nyarlothothep went out of his way to search the internet for rubbish to post without giving the any thought to any reality.

So if it is a troll job (lets say thats not 100% sure) then we have to accept that someone will spend who knows how long searching for trash like this (the nasty dino overloards), for whatever reason.

I would rather hope for someone believing it, the reason is I if someone believes it I can accept that they might be an idiot and move on, if they are trolling then it makes me sad.

In short I fully accept that stupid people exist, but I hate to think that (semi) normal people would say that they dont believe dinosaurs exist, for any reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I find this discussion saddening. In a sense you're stigmatizing people for contrarian views which you do not agree with. Its ok for people to disprove arguments with evidence and rationality but its not ok to insult or dismiss people as freaks for having different perceptions of the world no matter how ridiculous they may be, given that it achieves nothing other than reinforcing viewpoints and inflating egos. If anything this thread is revealing with respect to human behaviour on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I find this discussion saddening. In a sense you're stigmatizing people for contrarian views which you do not agree with. Its ok for people to disprove arguments with evidence and rationality but its not ok to insult or dismiss people as freaks for having different perceptions of the world no matter how ridiculous they may be, given that it achieves nothing other than reinforcing viewpoints and inflating egos. If anything this thread is revealing with respect to human behaviour on the internet.

But the the views you posted aren't "contrarian", they are either a parody or the work of someone profoundly ignorant of the facts and capable of some massive acts of intellectual dishonesty.
    And frankly, someone like that is deserving of mockery, as trying to educate someone who would hold a belief as patently silly as dinosaurs don't exist would be futile.

I find this discussion saddening.

Agreed
    In a sense you're stigmatizing people for contrarian views which you do not agree with.

Who do you mean by "you"? I think well over 99% of people have no problem with the existance on dinosaurs, so were is the "contrarian view"?
    Its ok for people to disprove arguments with evidence and rationality

Really? its ok to use facts and the truth to prove things? Thats very good news, you can use this to prove your theory that dinosaurs never existed. So please continue your theory.
    given that it achieves nothing other than reinforcing viewpoints and inflating egos.

Inflating egos... maybe like someone posting a bogus years old copy & paste theory from discredited crackpot for some reason? never mind, ignore this.
    but its not ok to insult or dismiss people as freaks for having different perceptions of the world no matter how ridiculous they may be

(based on this thread) you do not have any perception of the world all you have is the buttons CTRL + V.
    If anything this thread is revealing with respect to human behaviour on the internet.

And I hold you up as a shining beacon of internet behaviour.

OK back on topic -
    Dinosaurs never existed and they don't want you to know the truth.

Come on please, I want to know the truth, who are "they"?

Do not get sidetracked anymore - back to your original theory - give us more details of the dino conspiracy please.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Well I disagree. If we spent or time taking everything anyone ever said seriously I think we might get bogged down in waste of time discussions.

When someone puts forward an alternative idea to what is generally accepted, like many of the theories on here, and this idea is even slightly plausible then of course it is only polite to discuss it in a mature fashion with evidence and rational being presented.

However, on the other hand if someone comes on here spouting absolute nonsense, say for example the flat Earth theory, then I don't think it should for a second be taken seriously or even given the light of day in true debate.
    It's crap like that that will ultimately sink and obscure any true conspiracy theory.

I for one think most, if not all, the 9/11 CTs are BS but I encourage the debate from either side because at least the CTs are grounded in reality in that it is physically possible to do what many CTs claim was done if not practically or technically. Through such discourses I have learned a lot on the topic and these debates have forced people to examine the issues closely. Something like the OP is not deserving of such effort even though some good folk on here have entertained the points raised, if only to show how truly flimsy they were.

In summation if someone spouts something like your OP I don't have any real problem with that kind of distraction being ridiculed. There is enough plausible BS/ and potentially real conspiracies to debate without the addition of such half baked crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

See Sue in Chicago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭lemonjelly

aww this is great reading. Yeah he must either trolling ****e to the ct forum or C&P from some wild umpha person with no access to the facts we have and believes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭lemonjelly

Your opinions and views are welcome here but you can't blame people for letting you know how wrong your views are to them for basic no lack off evidence from you and the total loads of proof that they have that goes for dinosaurs having existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Alright, enough is enough. There was no need for anyone to resort to personal abuse. There are plenty of people worldwide who don't think dinosaurs existed, whether for religious reasons or others.

nyarlothothep, if you wish to start a similar thread on this topic, I'd suggest making clear that it is just a theory and alternate viewpoint for discussion, not debate.

Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement