Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I Love About Autumn!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

The golden leaves, sun seemingly shines more in Autumn... and that fresh, new feeling of returning to college and seeing everyone again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Looking forward to starting my first of these :)

tumblr_lv2hammxjx1qgujs0o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Romantic type walks through parks etc watching the leaves almost turn and kissing with the still warm breeze blowing through your hair.

evening time, its slightly getting darker earlier which means it looks awesome outside earlier as the sun goes down, i love that!

playgrounds and collecting conkers from trees in parks you remember going as a child, aka st annes or malahide :)

planning and looking forward to halloween :)

My bday, well its next weekend and not entirely autumn yet but still, im looking forward to it lots!

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Romantic type walks through parks etc watching the leaves almost turn and kissing with the still warm breeze blowing through your hair.

evening time, its slightly getting darker earlier which means it looks awesome outside earlier as the sun goes down, i love that!

playgrounds and collecting conkers from trees in parks you remember going as a child.
    Love this post :D we're still getting the warm breeze though, I normally associate the autumn with that change in the air. when you feel chilly enough to put the heating on for a little while. Want a conker fight? :pac:

Zoria wrote: »
    Love this post :D we're still getting the warm breeze though, I normally associate the autumn with that change in the air. when you feel chilly enough to put the heating on for a little while. Want a conker fight? :pac:

hehe thankies there :)
    exactly, its not quite cold enough to put the heat on, or moreso the cosiness of the fire and walking home with briquettes which so reminds me of being a kid :D, but getting there alright!
    oh il hold you to that, i normally just collect them or put them on my altar, but conker fight is on my list too now :D:)

• Advertisement

oh il hold you to that, i normally just collect them or put them on my altar, but conker fight is on my list too now :D:)
    I'm a pro I'll have you know :D I'm looking forward to the autumn leaves so much now. And picking out a fresh pumpkin :)

hehe damn, youll beat me so methinks, will have to practise!
    Ah ive never actually carved a pumpkin, seriously, thankies there though will make sure to put it on my todo list this halloween :D

Ah ive never actually carved a pumpkin, seriously, thankies there though will make sure to put it on my todo list this halloween :D
    You'll love it! :) I normally do a loose little trace across the pumpkin before I go in with a knife. You'll get loads of inspiration on line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

I like the falling of the leaves, its color and the smell of the fresh air... just amazing... most especially when I'm at my grandma's home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

Boiled eggs for breakfast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

trodsky wrote: »
    Boiled eggs for breakfast

Do you avoid them the rest of the year?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Wearing a new coat with a cosy scarf and new boots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I can't wait to wear wooly hats and jumpers!!!

Now it feels like autumn properly tbh, first time today I actually felt so chilly when I left the house I HAD TO put on my hoodie, first time since maybe Febuary ive felt chilly like that methinks, ah well halloween plans all the way so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

The hunting season starts, crisp mornings walking around amongst the great colours in the trees and fog in the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Better weather! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 allucinator

The reds, rusts, yellows and golds of leaves as they utterly transform the landscape to signal the end of another cycle of nature.
    Mask-clad children at Halloween invoking memories of my own childhood and that of my now college-going sons.
    Sitting at a window at home, warm and dry, watching raindrops trickle down the glass for ages with not a thought of outside life interrupting my mind. I did it when I was a child and I still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zoria wrote: »
    Looking forward to starting my first of these :)

tumblr_lv2hammxjx1qgujs0o1_500.gif

I was thinking about getting a stove put in but doubt I will now....:( another winter with a plug in heater and a blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Back to college and lots of student events on. Fun times with friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

All the old tv favourites back especially grand designs! New boots for a cold winter ahead. Blackberry crumble with vanilla ice cream, my autumn favourite.

• Advertisement

Saw my first, as far as i can remember, hedgehog this morning! :D Feels like autumn now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Daisy78 wrote: »
    New boots for a cold winter ahead.

Oooh new boots :) I love my new boots.

I've also bought some nice leather gloves I'm looking forward to needing.

Bring on the woolly scarf season! :)

I just finished knitting something for the first time in many years, a woolly cowl. :D

Was gonna be a scarf but got lazy :pac:

Was walking dogs earlier, they love the autumn leaves :D Walking and running and rolling in them, and one ate one, yum yum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

46327_536868952993767_2042447654_n.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I took a walk with a friend in St. Stephen's Green on Friday at lunch time - all of the leaves were golden and red and falling on the footpaths, it was bright and sunny and even kinda warm still. A perfect Autumn moment for me and the first I have felt/noticed this year. Or paid attention too :D I will have to go again at lunch time today if the weather is dry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Pumpkin ale.
    Pumpkin coffee.
    Pumpkin pie. :)

[-0-] wrote: »
    Pumpkin ale.
    Pumpkin coffee.
    Pumpkin pie. :)

I can't find pumpkin ale in my town :(:( I made pumpkin brownies recently though :D

I am happy to be drinking hot drinks again, was too hot all summer! Yesterday I had a gingerbread milk steamer yummmy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Autumn%20Poem.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9ZlN5dVP3jxjpDIIS5IwzKzhLlVYeUgPQgjqsCeilg4zT4aHAEVERYONE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Love love Autumn!!

Can't wait to put on my favourite boots and wooly scarf and hat and go jumping around in some crunchy leaves!

leaf-pile.jpg

Advertisement