Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

i‘m a 20 y/o nursing student l

Why not look at care assistant. Homeinstead & Bluebird always looking for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Paperclips85

paulgalway wrote: »
    Why not look at care assistant. Homeinstead & Bluebird always looking for people.

i‘d love something in town, i live right in the middle of eyre square so something in one of the pubs or shops would be ideal for me and the employer. i‘m not the worst waitress but everyone is looking for 3 years. i‘m available full time as well, finding somwhere is something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

try asking for trial shifts to prove yourself to them

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Does anyone know if the hospital take on volunteers and how you would go about getting such a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Does anyone know if the hospital take on volunteers and how you would go about getting such a position?

Yes they do but you wouldnt have much interaction with the patients though it would be more showing people to the different wards etc. Contact the HR department and they should help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Great Outdoor's are looking for full time sales assistant's.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Great-Outdoors-Galway/414220502002776?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

O2 in GSC looking for staff. Dorothy Perkins looking for a part time supervisor too out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

Asking
    18 years old
    Hardworking
    Experienced salesperson

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Boojum have a Staff Wanted sign on the door

Hynes Shoe shop on Abbeygate St have signs for full and part time staff in the window.

Boojum looking for a cook.

Maxwells also hiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Asking

18 years old. Looking for part time work to help pay for college. Anywhere in Galway city with bus access. I am trustworthy and hard working. Have some casual retail experience. Can work evenings, bank holidays and weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Asking

18 years old. Looking for part time work to help pay for college. Anywhere in Galway city with bus access. I am trustworthy and hard working. Have some casual retail experience. Can work evenings, bank holidays and weekends.

Are you a fan of rugby? Opta are looking for a part time stats tracker for the connacht home games. You can go to their site for more info.

Miss Selfridge, Oasis and H.Samuel all looking for part-time staff at the moment. Vina Mara looking for a commis chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Going into town to look for something as my current job contract ends next week. Anywhere else beside those that have been said?

Centra Forster Street looking for a deli assistant again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Full time job ad in the window of Hehir's Bakery, Westside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dealz want an assistant manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Student looking for part-time work (weekends / evenings) in the city or a few mile radius of the city. I'm a techie (computer engineering student) with retail experience and food industry experience. I'm looking out on all the usual channels :) PM me if anyone here is hiring !

MixGreens Forster St have signs for chefs. Kettle of Fish looking for staff....again.

Kai restaurant Sea Road looking for Wait staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Colinted

Student looking for part time weekend and evening work in Galway city. I have experience in preparing food, selling goods, stocking shelves, working at tills, dealing with customers and money and long hours. Message me if your hiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Paperclips85

After working in being on trials in The Front Door and The Quays I have decided I am just not cut out for the waitress business at all! I have little experience and just don't have the head for it, some waitresses are so good at their job I would hate for someone to come in and have me as a waitress when I just can't get the hang of it.

Where else could I find a job in Galway? I'm fairly flexible with hours at the minute so anything goes really!

Food for Thought looking for cafe staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Here you go Paperclip, saw that you were interested in Brown Thomas...

https://secure.teamrespond.com/microsite/brownthomas/vacancylist.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Flexible part-time job – up to 35 hours available at Gerard/Vogue Fashions at Galway Shopping Centre

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

So do employers look at this forum or is this just for posting vacancies people spot about the place?

JackD9922 wrote: »
    So do employers look at this forum or is this just for posting vacancies people spot about the place?

Cant imagine employers would look for staff via boards in this day and age really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Cant imagine employers would look for staff via boards in this day and age really.

Neither would I.

Would most retailers/shops (TK-Maxx, Pennys, JD Sports ect.) deal with jobs through their website or is it best to hand in a CV can anyone tell me?

JackD9922 wrote: »
    Neither would I.

Would most retailers/shops (TK-Maxx, Pennys, JD Sports ect.) deal with jobs through their website or is it best to hand in a CV can anyone tell me?

Bit of both, you can only be told no if they dont take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Aislingm11

Anyone know of places hiring in September for the new year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement