Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cosmo Cafe on Augustine St looking for experienced staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I'm looking for:

Part Time In-Store Merchandisers for Knocknacarra.

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Can be up to 14 hours a week

Early Morning Starts - (7am)

3 Days a week - (Mon, Wed, Fri) and One Call Back for 1 hour on a Saturday Morning.

€8.65 per hour

Immediate Start for the right person.

Feel free to PM me directly.

I also have a position available in Headford

3 Days a week (Mon, Wed, Thurs) - approx 4 hours a week.

€8.65 per hour.

May suit a car owner who would be able to do both Knocknacarra & Headford,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

In a fun environment working with in a great team.

Fluent French or German language skills needed.

Full time.

PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jenno86 wrote: »
    In a fun environment working with in a great team.

Full time.

PM for details.

Hint: people using touch can't see thread titles. All I knowing that you want people with French or German to have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sales and Service Consultants needed
    In a fun environment working with a great team.

Full time.

PM for details.

Dail looking for full and part time waiting staff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Garveys in eyre square looking for full time receptionist and wait staff, notice in window..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Cafe Express Eyre Sq looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jazzdude18

Hi,

Is there any work out there that I could do? something outdoors maybe?,
    I'm in LC and could do with some experience of work.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Anyone out there looking for part time sales/ marketing work.

Need help for a few hours a week help to sell activity/ adventure sessions to corporate groups, schools, sports team, hens/ stags etc..

PM if anyone interested - work can be done from home etc with a weekly team meeting.

All expenses covered and suitable pay according to previous experience or may suit marketing student.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Golden rickshaw on Mary St looking for part time staff

Kettle of Fish looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I'm 20 and looking for a summer job in Galway. I've tried places closer to me (I live an hour away from the city) but no luck, so I thought I'd try Galway. My question is are there jobs to be got in the city and if so, where?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376886&page=37
    Keep an eye there, most pubs and restaurants will be a lot busier in the Summer so try them, also the larger hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I'm 20 and looking for a summer job in Galway. I've tried places closer to me (I live an hour away from the city) but no luck, so I thought I'd try Galway. My question is are there jobs to be got in the city and if so, where?

I left a while ago but when I left retailers were unfortunately were only giving 4-12 hour contracts. You might have to get a couple of different jobs and possibly go for a gig with a catering company or the Tote during Race Week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Think you have the cojones to be a Community Warden?
    €635 a week tempting enough for you?
    COMMUNITY WADEN (sic) DUTIES
    -Enforcement of Traffic Regulations, as covered by existing wardens in respect of stationary vehicles.
    -Monitoring Public Open Space and Recreation and amenity areas throughout the City with regard to the following activities:-
    Compliance with bye-laws in relation to consumption of intoxicating liquor in public places, Litter Pollution Act, Dog Control Act, Control of Horses Act, other bye-laws introduced by GCC.
    Use of pedestrian facilities by cyclists.
    Illegal camping.
    Other activities which are licensable by GCC (e.g. opening of roads, placing of skips in public roads, erection of scaffolding, placing of tables and chairs on public roads, non-motorised passenger transporters etc.)
    -Identifying and reporting on breaches of tenancy agreements, for example Sub-letting, Carrying out commercial activity, Neighbourhood disputes
    -Identify breaches of Planning legislation, Buildings Control Legislation and Pollution Control Legislation for follow up by appropriate personnel.
    -Identify and notify appropriate personnel of hazards or other problems identified which require rectification by GCC, for example, hazards on footpaths, damage to signage, inadequate road marking, defective public lighting.
    -Enforcement of Litter and Waste Presentation Regulations as appropriate.
    -Enforcement of the provision of the Roads Act and consequent regulations as appropriate.
    -Provision of information and advice to tourists/visitors as appropriate.
    -Such other duties as may be assigned. http://www.galwaycity.ie/news/206/59/Staff-Vacancy-Community-Warden/

Gourmet Tart hiring managers, wait staff and more.

Mix Greens Abbeygate St looking for a KP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

I'm just about to graduate from NUIG with what will most likely be a 1.1 mathematical science degree. I have summer work in a stock room in the city center but I'd much prefer to be doing relevant to my degree. Does anyone know of any companies around Galway are taking on anyone at the moment? Or just one's that would be looking for mathematically minded people? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Looking for part time job for the summer and there after. Just finished third year of computer engineering. Have limited work experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

declan2693 wrote: »
    Looking for part time job for the summer and there after. Just finished third year of computer engineering. Have limited work experience.
    If anyone has no work experience, then you have no hope of getting a summer job. The only jobs that are easy to get are those sales/commission jobs. I work shadowed intense communications for the day. I was brought down to Limerick and had to stand up for 6 hours without any break begging people to sign a form and give their bank account details in the middle of a street!!. But after the summer when everyone has gone back to college it does become a little bit easier to find a job. But otherwise I would not waste time and paper sending cv's into bars without any work experience in those type of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

danube wrote: »
    If anyone has no work experience, then you have no hope of getting a summer job.

Ignore this, absolute nonsense. You can get a job if you can demonstrate you've developed the required skills through different activities. Clubs, societies, sports teams, volunteering etc.

Incidentally, spotted a sign in the window of Fun Max, Galway Shopping Centre today (they unlock/repair phones). Looking for part-time and full-time staff. Might be suited to a computer engineering student!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

QuantumP wrote: »
    Ignore this, absolute nonsense. You can get a job if you can demonstrate you've developed the required skills through different activities. Clubs, societies, sports teams, volunteering etc.

Incidentally, spotted a sign in the window of Fun Max, Galway Shopping Centre today (they unlock/repair phones). Looking for part-time and full-time staff. Might be suited to a computer engineering student!
    They are going to get CVs from people who have work experience. Who are they going to pick? I have yet to hear of someone who got a summer job in a bar/restaurant without prior experience unless they know the manager which is often the case of someone getting a job.. The job market is different to what it what was 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'll absolutely get a job if you apply everywhere. Not just dropping in a CV to a few places without following up. You need to be applying online on Galwayjobs etc, reading the advertiser, applying for Raceweek catering. In the meantime volunteer for whatever you can. When you get interviews they'll want to know about the lack of experience but also what you're doing now to rectify that.

Best of luck. It won't be easy but hard-work will get you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I'm looking for:

Part Time (Permanent) Instore Merchandiser for Briarhill or Knocknacarra.

Experience Desirable.

Hours Vary - Can be up to 12 hours a week with the option of increasing hours through other merchandising work for our company on different products.

On average our employees do approximately 20 hours a week.

Early Morning Starts - (7am)

Delivery Days: 3 Days a week - (Mon, Wed, Fri)

Call Back Days: 2 Days a week (Thurs, Sat)

€8.65 per hour

Immediate Start for the right person.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

danube wrote: »
    They are going to get CVs from people who have work experience. Who are they going to pick? I have yet to hear of someone who got a summer job in a bar/restaurant without prior experience unless they know the manager which is often the case of someone getting a job.. The job market is different to what it what was 10 years ago.

To say that its impossible to get a summer job without work experience is absolutely untrue, I know of plenty who managed to last summer and the market is even better now. Maybe you've experienced otherwise but that's not representative of the whole. Discouragement and negativity doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EndaDurr

Is there much work around Galway city and what is the best way to fiend work in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As long as you're not picky with what you do, there is always work to be found. Best time is probably now. Places looking for summer staff, and some part-time working students are either moving back home or doing a summer abroad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement