Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

France to MURDER the HC vs Canada this weekend anyone?

(-33)

First quarter: France 21 - Canada 3
    Second Quarter: France 21 - Canada 17
    Third Quarter: Jamie Cudmore proclaims that all the real French now live in Montreal
    Fourth quarter France 68 - Canada 17

All jokes aside France could litterally do anything against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 colinslade

Il be backing Russia straight win at 12/5 against US tomo, and Russia +8 at Evs. Both with PP. Think the US will be tired after the weekend, have made basically no changes and the Russians will be out to avenge the Churchill Cup game and will be fresh, I saw the CC game and it was a well matched cracker. US look to have improved but Im confident the Russians will have too, they have been in camp for quite a while I believe with former Glaws coach Kingsley Jones in charge.

Iv been waiting to back this one since the competition started.

^^ Good luck tomorrow Mr. Slade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

colinslade wrote: »
    Il be backing Russia straight win at 12/5 against US tomo, and Russia +8 at Evs. Both with PP. Think the US will be tired after the weekend, have made basically no changes and the Russians will be out to avenge the Churchill Cup game and will be fresh, I saw the CC game and it was a well matched cracker. US look to have improved but Im confident the Russians will have too, they have been in camp for quite a while I believe with former Glaws coach Kingsley Jones in charge.

Iv been waiting to back this one since the competition started.

Saw the CC game too, Russia look to be on an upward trajectory alright. Word of warning though the USA didn't have any of their big guns playing that day and still won.

You're spot on with the fatigue factor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's everyone's thoughts on NZ vs Japan? AB lineup is pretty strong while Japan have named a second string team (10 changes from last week). If weather conditions are ok I can see the ABs putting up a score.

NZ -58 at 10/11 on PP. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

The ONLY problem I see there is with conversions, kicking stats have been down all tournament. You would be assuming the AB can run in 10 tries and convert at least 50% of them kicks to beat that spread and that's if Japan don't score at all.

Although there could be MANY under the posts scores if they let rip on Japan so could be worthwhile. So far though its the tournament of the underdogs beating the spread.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

What's everyone's thoughts on NZ vs Japan? AB lineup is pretty strong while Japan have named a second string team (10 changes from last week). If weather conditions are ok I can see the ABs putting up a score.

NZ -58 at 10/11 on PP. Thoughts?

my first though is use oddschecker.com
    where you can get 10/11 in stan james -54pts 4 pts is a big difference for the same price.
    The all blacks really are playing for places so there should be no let up even if they are winning well.
    Missed the France Japan game so have not seen the japs in play have they a scrum?
    Cannot see the all blacks letting in soft tries the pressure is kinda off after the build up of the first game.
    They have loads of quality in the backs so id have a small bet -54pts cant see them scoring less than 65pts and cannot see japan hitting double figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody having a punt on the Russia vs USA game? The bookies and most pundits favour USA but having watched the Russia vs Italy A game in the Churchill Cup I can't help but feel that there could just be a slight chance of an upset. PP have Russia at 12/5 but like the Scottish match, it's probably one to avoid - should be a cracker though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

carter is out which means Japs by +10 :D

duckysauce wrote: »
    carter is out which means Japs by +10 :D

In your dreams! :D

• Advertisement

Anybody having a punt on the Russia vs USA game? The bookies and most pundits favour USA but having watched the Russia vs Italy A game in the Churchill Cup I can't help but feel that there could just be a slight chance of an upset. PP have Russia at 12/5 but like the Scottish match, it's probably one to avoid - should be a cracker though. :D

very tuff to call went with

To Score a Try in 80 min
    V Artemyev @ 11/4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

In your dreams! :D
    I hink he meant that if he was going for NZ +54 he would need the price to fall to NZ +44 to make him as confident as he would be

I hink he meant that if he was going for NZ +54 he would need the price to fall to NZ +44 to make him as confident as he would be

nope was taking the piss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Could be very tight. 22/1 for the first draw of the tournament is worth a couple Euro to cover yourself I'd say.

Clever 6/1 for man of the match, the guy is a hero plain and simple. If this is the game USA are targeting for a win then I imagine we're in for one hell of a performance from him.

Also Clever first try scorer each way @ 12/1. If USA get the jump on them in the first 10-15 minutes and camp near the line he'll be backing himself to get over.

Thats where my tenner is goin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm going for a long shot.

Fiji to beat SA @10

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

World Cup 2011 France v Canada
    18-09-2011 09:30
    Handicap Betting
    Canada (+32.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 South Africa v Fiji
    17-09-2011 07:00
    Handicap Betting
    Fiji (+22.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 Argentina v Romania
    17-09-2011 04:30
    Handicap Betting
    Romania (+20.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 New Zealand v Japan
    16-09-2011 09:00
    Handicap Betting
    Japan (+58.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 Russia v USA
    15-09-2011 08:30
    Handicap Betting
    USA (-6.0) @ 10/11

Have €25 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

beertons wrote: »
    World Cup 2011 France v Canada
    18-09-2011 09:30
    Handicap Betting
    Canada (+32.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 South Africa v Fiji
    17-09-2011 07:00
    Handicap Betting
    Fiji (+22.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 Argentina v Romania
    17-09-2011 04:30
    Handicap Betting
    Romania (+20.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 New Zealand v Japan
    16-09-2011 09:00
    Handicap Betting
    Japan (+58.0) @ 10/11
    World Cup 2011 Russia v USA
    15-09-2011 08:30
    Handicap Betting
    USA (-6.0) @ 10/11

Have €25 on this.

I'd be very doubtful on the Japan one tbh. Second string Japan against an almost full strength NZ team in NZ? Can't see anything other than a landslide win for the Kiwis. Mind you, my spread bets so far have been awful!

Good luck with the accum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any stream for the Russia V USA match?

Any stream for the Russia V USA match?

Try the match streams thread!

13-6 to USA at Full Time - another one I'm glad to have kept away from. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

luckily russia changed the kicker for their last penalty to cover the +8, the other lad was a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

seanhynes wrote: »
    luckily russia changed the kicker for their last penalty to cover the +8, the other lad was a farce

Praise be to Allah

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

This could be daft but 10e on Japan +36 5/1

I hope that you've wasted your €10 - even with the withdrawal of Carter, McCaw, Dagg and Muliaina - I'll be seriously pissed if the boys don't bury Japan.

The forecast is for rain and the Hamilton webcam http://www.hamiltonweather.co.nz/ shows things looking pretty miserable. The stadium doesn't have a roof so Japan (+55) at evens might be safer.

waikato-stadium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Daft

Burning money cannot see the blacks scoring less than 65 and see how hard Tonga had too work for 1 try cannot see japs scoring 10 pts why i lumped on all blacks -54pts at evens bet365

Lumped on NZ -54 @evens. Have been getting these badly wrong so far so anyone else who backed them should be fearful for their money!;)

Lumped on NZ -54 @evens. Have been getting these badly wrong so far so anyone else who backed them should be fearful for their money!;)

Ten changes for Japan no Arlidge think our bets are safe :)

I'd feel great about that bet tbh..

• Advertisement

Weather good so far. Nonu power to be decisive. :D

Advertisement