Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCDL 2011/2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭joeker03

BOOBOY180 wrote: »
    Forget about Georges those dinosaurs have to much politics going on. Saw them playing last week what a bunch of idiots
    georges 8 played in lounge only the 2 teams there, here boob boy you must have gone to the other GEORGE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

As a darts player , albeit pretty much retired now :( , I think it's great to see the senior league opening up so much . Huge credit should go to City Arms for their part in that IMO . There are quite a few teams capable of putting in a big performance on the night though so the days of the Big 3/4/5 (*delete as appropriate ;) ) just having to turn up to get the points are gone . That has to be a good thing !

Can I just say re teams and politics ... I doubt there's a team in existence that hasn't had their share of problems . It's certainly not something anyone should be gloating about ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BOOBOY180

Hi Nessy....not gloating at all, but if you had of heard them arguing about the root of the bus ride home it was ridicules. Lads from all over the country. Pity they can't get more local talent, must cost a fortune in diesel!!
    Oh yea "Joker" I was there so don't be silly!!

Hi Nessy....not gloating at all, but if you had of heard them arguing about the root of the bus ride home it was ridicules. Lads from all over the country. Pity they can't get more local talent, must cost a fortune in diesel!!
    Oh yea "Joker" I was there so don't be silly!!
    BROCK played great darts that night beating us 6 2 can you tell how the games went since you were there who played who

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gerryfagan501

nessyguin wrote: »
    As a darts player , albeit pretty much retired now :( , I think it's great to see the senior league opening up so much . Huge credit should go to City Arms for their part in that IMO . There are quite a few teams capable of putting in a big performance on the night though so the days of the Big 3/4/5 (*delete as appropriate ;) ) just having to turn up to get the points are gone . That has to be a good thing !

Can I just say re teams and politics ... I doubt there's a team in existence that hasn't had their share of problems . It's certainly not something anyone should be gloating about ...
    Ray I agree with you its only good for the league the way its more open this year but I think some people are looking more into some results then they should as you said no team is without problems but adressing them here is going to sort nothing only cause bad blood its only a game at the end of the day no one is going to get rich playing darts

• Advertisement

Good luck to the Rec in the local derby tomorrow......your going to need it.....I predict a white wash:(
    It's a nice venue, plenty of room for the 8's coaches :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

Well lads the signing all over some good games on the cards this week the stand out one could be the two unbeating sides coming head to head patroits at home to taveys home advantage may just be the winning factor there but the cup winners have made a couple of good solid signings close season a patriots old boy not to mention the return of the Cadbury's cowboy could be a very close affair

Tuesday Senior Oct 25

Trinity SC 4-4 Taveys
    *Re-arranged , played on Nov 10

Tuesday Senior Nov 1

Cappagh Nua 3-5 City Arms
    Brock Inn 6-2 George's 8

Tuesday Senior Nov 8

City Arms 5-3 Brock Inn
    George's 8 8-0 Aer Lingus
    Fassagh Hse 1-7 Taveys
    Sheriff YC 5-3 Shanty
    Trinity SC 5-3 Village Inn
    Bell's 8 7-1 Cappagh Nua

Wednesday Red Nov 9

Kevo's 8 5-3 John's 8
    Market Bar 5-3 Foxhound
    Maurice's 8 3-5 Edenmore House
    Quarry House 5-3 BOTH
    Seabank 5-3 City Arms
    Swiss Cottage 8-0 (bye)
    CTD 5-3 Tony's 8
    Matthews 2-6 Kinsealy Inn

Wednesday Blue Nov 9

Horse & Hound 4-4 Syl's 8
    John's 8 3-5 Cappagh Nua
    Keelings 5-3 CTD
    Dave's 8 8-0 (bye)
    Roundabout 2-6 Cardiff Inn
    Stoneys 8-0 (bye)
    Village Inn 6-2 Metro
    Shanty 6-2 Graingers

Good luck to the Rec in the local derby tomorrow......your going to need it.....I predict a white wash:(
    It's a nice venue, plenty of room for the 8's coaches :D:D
    Whats your game talking out of both sides of your mouth one week your slagging off Georges next week all your short of doing is hanging out flags for them get your act together you clown

tumbler wrote: »
    Well lads the signing all over some good games on the cards this week the stand out one could be the two unbeating sides coming head to head patroits at home to taveys home advantage may just be the winning factor there but the cup winners have made a couple of good solid signings close season a patriots old boy not to mention the return of the Cadbury's cowboy could be a very close affair

Could be quite a game there alright ! If the missus doesnt hide the purse I might pop along to watch this one :)

It's still early in the season but with only 2 points separating the top 5 matches like this one could prove very significant in the long run .

• Advertisement

Whats your game talking out of both sides of your mouth one week your slagging off Georges next week all your short of doing is hanging out flags for them get your act together you clown

Good man tumbler keep up the good work....you have a good chance of a win tonight

Good man tumbler keep up the good work....you have a good chance of a win tonight

Aer lingus have a good team hard match

joeker03 wrote: »
    Aer lingus have a good team hard match

Yea nearly as good as your lot....good luck Noddy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 THE WIZARD

This is getting like ferguson/wenger with the mind games

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Big Brother180

Well done to our team mate keith Rooney (GEORGES 8)who got to the semi finals in Crawley in the 2011 Grand Slam of Darts. A field of 240 players , played off for the 2 spots in the Grand slam. first round Keith got bye, second Keith 4-1 Adrian Gray ,third Keith 4-2 Andy Hamition ,forth keith 4-2 Prakash Jiea , fifth Keith 4-2 Paul Rowley Quarter-Finals
    Nigel Heydon 4-3 Colin Lloyd
    Ian White 4-3 Peter Hudson
    Magnus Caris 4-0 Dennis Priestley
    Keith Rooney 4-3 Andrew Hibbert

Semi-Finals
    Nigel Heydon 6-3 Ian White
    Magnus Caris 6-3 Keith Rooney

Third-Place Play-Off
    Ian White 6-1 Keith Rooney

Final
    Nigel Heydon 6-4 Magnus Caris

Qualifier One: Nigel Heydon
    Qualifier Two: Magnus Caris
    First Reserve: Ian White
    Second Reserve: Keith Rooney

Well done to our team mate keith Rooney (GEORGES 8)who got to the semi finals in Crawley in the 2011 Grand Slam of Darts. A field of 240 players , played off for the 2 spots in the Grand slam. first round Keith got bye, second Keith 4-1 Adrian Gray ,third Keith 4-2 Andy Hamition ,forth keith 4-2 Prakash Jiea , fifth Keith 4-2 Paul Rowley Quarter-Finals
    Nigel Heydon 4-3 Colin Lloyd
    Ian White 4-3 Peter Hudson
    Magnus Caris 4-0 Dennis Priestley
    Keith Rooney 4-3 Andrew Hibbert

Semi-Finals
    Nigel Heydon 6-3 Ian White
    Magnus Caris 6-3 Keith Rooney

Third-Place Play-Off
    Ian White 6-1 Keith Rooney

Final
    Nigel Heydon 6-4 Magnus Caris

Qualifier One: Nigel Heydon
    Qualifier Two: Magnus Caris
    First Reserve: Ian White
    Second Reserve: Keith Rooney
    Well done and hard luck in not making the telly end of it

just shows what you know about the Tuesday league you must be a blow in every game in the Tuesday league is a hard game but you seem to come on here just to cause a bit of sh1t among players if the truth was knowing you couldnt throw a fit never mind a dart just an another muppet that talks the talk but cant walk the walk grow a brain

GEORGE 8 WON 5 3 BROCK 4 4 ARMS 4 4 PATRIOTS WON 5 3

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webster2009

Aer Lingus 4 - 4 City Arms
    Bad result for the arms and it could have been worse.Only 2 conclusive games for the Arms tonight and the rest where down to the throw of a dart.Again bad result !!!!

WERE ALL DART PLAYERS AND FRIENDS (not for a hour playing darts) then friends agains so we dinosaurs know how to text

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads this is a warning to everyone who posts in this thread. It is against the charter to call anyone on this forum a name, personal abuse is not allowed. You can easily make your point without resorting to name calling.

The next person to do it will be getting a weeks ban. Keep it civil lads and don't ruin a good thread that you have going here.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭astimpson

Syls 8 v Graingers - (5 - 3) to Syls 8

Keelings v Dave's 8 - (3 - 5) to Dave's 8

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Lads this is a warning to everyone who posts in this thread. It is against the charter to call anyone on this forum a name, personal abuse is not allowed. You can easily make your point without resorting to name calling.

The next person to do it will be getting a weeks ban. Keep it civil lads and don't ruin a good thread that you have going here.

Thanks
    If you want to be fair I think you should look at the crap that has being posted by the lads in your own league thead all through last year we all know each other on this thead and its nothing but banter if I call someone a muppet or anything else no more then if somebody does the same to me so lighting up or be fair about it and treat us the same as you do your mates

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If you want to be fair I think you should look at the crap that has being posted by the lads in your own league thead all through last year we all know each other on this thead and its nothing but banter if I call someone a muppet or anything else no more then if somebody does the same to me so lighting up or be fair about it and treat us the same as you do your mates

Plenty of people have been banned from the other thread, I don't treat anyone differently. The rules of the forum are clear, no name calling. It isn't very hard to follow that rule. Anyway if you want to continue this discussion then pm me. This thread is the place to do it.

Anyway carry on.

Tuesday Senior Nov 15

Astro 8-0 Players Lounge
    Aer Lingus 4-4 City Arms
    Village Inn 5-3 Sheriff YC
    Trinity SC 4-4 Bell's 8

Wednesday Blue Nov 16

Cardiff Inn 8-0 (bye)
    Dave's 8 5-3 Keelings
    CTD 3-5 John's 8
    Roundabout 8-0 (bye)
    Village Inn 7-1 Shanty

Wednesday Red Nov 16

BOTH 3-5 Maurice's 8
    Edenmore Hse 7-1 Market Bar
    John's 8 4-4 Kinsealy Inn
    Tony's 8 3-5 Swiss Cottage
    Seabank 8-0 (bye)

There are a few more results from last week above this post ( thanks to joeker03 , webster2009 and astimpson :) ) but they're not included here as match cards haven't been returned yet

Hi nessyguin,

One of our lads was meant to hand in the Card on Sunday . .

I'll Check to see what happened.

Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gerryfagan501

astimpson wrote: »
    Hi nessyguin,

One of our lads was meant to hand in the Card on Sunday . .

I'll Check to see what happened.

Alan.
    Week in week out we are missing cards cause lads dont bother to drop them in for one reason or another and its getting to the stage now that points are going to be docked you all know were we sit and are there every sunday so excuses wont be listened to lads anymore if you cant get in Sunday dont know why you cant leave the card in before that all the barmen are always willing to take the cards

Hi gerryfagan501,

Our lad handed it in to the Barman on Saturday, he couldn't make it on Sunday.

Its in a brown Envelope behind the Bar with Jimmy' Owen's name on it, and our Address / Team Name on it also.

Thanks.

"Surely there is a better System that can be used, rather than have lads having to make a journey to City centre of a sunday morning"

GEORGE WON 6 2
    PATRIOTS WON 7 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webster2009

City Arms 8 - 0 Arc
    Normal play resumed tonight.Result does not reflect the darts but when the chances came they were snapped up. Cant ask for more than that!!! Good result. Congrats to the players who have been sitting it out for the last few weeks they came good tonight.Selection headache next week me thinks ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement