Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider or have you a tattoo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

This you?
    I've got two, I will be getting more at some stage. I don't care what anybody thinks about them. They are symbolic for me, marking things I find important. I love them and on girls they can be quite hot :D

haha yes that's the idea alright, but I look slightly more female :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Not in a million years

[Embedded Image Removed]

"Wrinkly gibberish?"

Never saw the appeal. Can look sexy on some but looks awful on most. Imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will wrote: »
    If you are getting a tattoo and are serious about it you won't care what people's opinions of them are. They don't change the person despite what many may think.
    so you've always mugged grannies then?

Tattoo's for some miniture american flags for others I say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

none, yet, but have considered it. Always found Egyptian symbolism interesting, so might go for some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

haha yes that's the idea alright, but I look slightly more female :D

Only slightly :eek:

;)

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Only slightly :eek:

;)

Boobs : check
    Other girl parts : check

phew

Happy birthday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

so you've always mugged grannies then?

Tattoo's for some miniture american flags for others I say

Since I was a wee fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Terrible statement to make dude, truly terrible.

It's not a terrible statement by that poster. He/she probably should have added "I think" to the sentence, but if you don't like something, you don't like it.

My thoughts on tattoos are that they are not my thing, but each to their own. I wouldn't get one, but I wouldn't rule out a girl just because she had one. Although I would prefer none. But I'd prefer a dark haired girl too and I wouldn't rule out a blonde or a red head. Preferences are not absolute.

I find threads like this have people who over zealously defend or attack tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm too fickle to get tattoo's and if I were to, it would probably be all my favourite lyrics which would end up taking over my entire body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Have none, don't see myself getting one, flirted with getting one a few years ago when I was 18, delighted I didn't.

Saw one lad on my facebook got one of bloody spiderman, kinda cool at 16/17 not so much when he is older, I think he will regret that.

I can't stand them on women either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I have two, one i absolutely love and look at all the time and the other I wouldn't get done again if I had the choice. Neither of them are on view, and, while I would get rid of one if I could, I don't hate it or anything - most of the time I forget I have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Reminds me: when I got my first one done, there was a queue in the shop. Two lads before me were mates and getting done together. Dude asks them where they want them, they point to their forearm. Asks them which ones they want and they point to a couple on the wall. Dude says "ok, those are £150". Lads say "what can we get for £50". Tattoo dude points at a section of the wall and the lads quickly scan it and 15 seconds later pick their designs. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Have two, may or may not get more. Got my first one when I was 22 and waited over ten years before getting my second. If I see something that I believe will stand the test of time and suits me as a person then I'm definitely open to getting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I don't have any but I quite like tattoos on other people although I prefer smaller ones that don't dominate the arm/back/whatever. I've occasionally though of getting one but I'm too indecisive to make a decision like that. I've been thinking of getting my nose pierced for several years and still haven't made up my mind and I'm in my late 30s now!

I think I have some degree of admiration for people who have endured the pain of a tattoo, because I'm not sure I could do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting one to mark my 30th birthday. It would be my first one. Am I too old? Would it be a bit of a midlife crisis thing to do?

lol - just goes to show great minds think alike! I got my first tattoo on my 30th birthday last Saturday :D

Spur of the moment jobbie - just wanted to mark the occasion...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

i have seven and i love them.not to everyones taste i must agree but i got them for me not anyone else;).geting my back piece and thats it then. im a year in now geting the design and theme right but should b worth the wait when done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ah, the old address tattoo!

Good luck at the AA meetings :pac:

Funny :D

tho........

If i was really honest and told you were the address really leads to, id probably get reminded im not in ah :(

On a serous note tattoos are very personal dont take the piss out of them not all of us apricate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Definitely want one.

Have figured out the general idea of what I want.

But no idea how to turn it into something decent looking or how to even combine my ideas :/

I'll figure it out at some stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I have one on my shoulder - never regretted getting it and never felt the urge to get any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I love tattoos, and they're seriously hot on the opposite sex - once they're done right. When I was younger I actually hated them, due to the fact that all I'd seen were dodgy looking tats. But over the past few years I've come across some absolutely amazing work and my appreciation for the art form has really grown.

I have one, and I absolutely love it. I got it done for my Graduation and spent nearly 3 hours drawing it up with an amazing artist before he even loaded the ink. I think that's the most important thing; finding someone who can put the picture you have in your mind down on paper, and make it look ten times better in the process! Especially if you're not too skilled at the oul art like me!

I've LOADS more in the works, but my work is restricting me at the moment with regards to placement etc., and also as I'm in Korea I'm unsure about trusting anyone good enough here tbh. Anything I get done here will probably be strictly wording - I don't want to waste the other ideas I have on someone who does an average job.

I've had a rec for an artist here recently though and there's a convention on at the weekend, so watch this space... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting one to mark my 30th birthday. It would be my first one. Am I too old? Would it be a bit of a midlife crisis thing to do?
    I had my tat done when I was *Cough* 47 */Cough*. I'm still holding out for a 1961 red Jaguar S for my (post) midlife crisis. :)
    oldyouth wrote: »
    The initials of my wife and 2 kids use the letters ICE. Any suggestions on a design to incorporate these?
    /Rushes to Google images of "Mr. Cool Ice" :eek:

I got a small descrete image on my inner forearm. It's an image that I've been using for over 20 years in various formats mostly on the tinternetz. It's how many people recognise me. It was an image that I've grown up with and that has come to represent me and my view of life.

I finally decided to have that image inked onto my arm.

I like it because it means something to me, it represents 'ME'. It's unique, designed by me, honed over the years and very personal.
    It's not something chosen out of a dog-eared book of images sitting in the tattooists waiting room.
    That was very important to me when I was getting inked, to be indivudal.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've wanted a tattoo but I've always maintained it'd have to be something personal to me, I've thought of a saying but it's a bit long - could only get it on my ribs or something and I'd prefer to get something small on my shoulder.

I'm so indecisive I'll probably end up never getting one - seriously it took me 15mins to decide what I wanted at the chipper the other night! :(

PaulieC wrote: »
    I've wanted a tattoo but I've always maintained it'd have to be something personal to me, I've thought of a saying but it's a bit long - could only get it on my ribs or something and I'd prefer to get something small on my shoulder.

I'm so indecisive I'll probably end up never getting one - seriously it took me 15mins to decide what I wanted at the chipper the other night! :(

and if you got your chipper order tattooed on you, ye wouldn't take so long next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I wanted to get one about 10 years ago to signify a certain event in my life, but I couldn't think of a single place on my body where I thought a tattoo wouldn't look ridiculous in later life :pac: So I didn't get one.

My boyfriend has a small one, which I quote like. A drunken bet or something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

and if you got your chipper order tattooed on you, ye wouldn't take so long next time :pac:

A mate of mine has his Chinese takeaway order on his forearm in Chinese. :rolleyes:

A mate of mine has his Chinese takeaway order on his forearm in Chinese. :rolleyes:

Oh jez I really hope he's just telling you this but it really means something a bit more meaningful! There's probably some Chinese guy walking around with spuds and gravy tattooed on his wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Oh jez I really hope he's just telling you this but it really means something a bit more meaningful! There's probably some Chinese guy walking around with spuds and gravy tattooed on his wrist.

Nah he's the type of guy that would just do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Always thought they looked cool.

When I was a teenager I always though of getting a liverpool crest or something like that.

Thankfully my tastes have improved. Don't think my girlfriend would appreciate me getting one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

py2006 wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't! They look awful.

Even if I did, I would be bored of it after a few weeks and would want to change/remove it!
    Terrible statement to make dude, truly terrible.

Not really, I am fully entitled to have an opinion of my own!

I am a big boy now! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I'm getting an 867-5309 tattoo...... when I get some money

Advertisement