Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Paully D wrote: »
    Can someone give me some tips for online please? I'm 0-3 and although I've only been beat comfortably in one of those games I really should have won the other 2 as I had built up a lead in both.

On defence:

I struggle against the running game especially and in fairness I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about all the plays etc as I'm just getting into the sport, but I use one of the 3 ''Ask Madden'' options and I can follow the arrows etc that are used to indicate how my play call will go.

Against the throwing game I'm fairly ok, but I'm just wondering if you switch to the defender and manually control him, or just let the CPU do it? The reason I ask is sometimes I switch and when I try to swat or pick the ball evades me and the offense is in for an easy TD. It seems to be better leaving the CPU to cover, would I be right on that?

On offense:

My running game is awful online, but excellent in Franchise mode against the CPU. It seems I can never find space online and it's the complete opposite against the CPU. I must be doing something wrong here surely?

Throwing the ball I'm pretty decent, although I do sometimes get flustered and throw the ball to the wrong receiver resulting in an interception, but I'm improving. Again, like my defense question do you switch man to control the receiver or let the CPU handle that?

The teams I played with were Kansas City (I've been using them in Franchise mode and Jamaal Charles is a beast) against Detroit Lions and I was battered. Eagles against Steelers and I was beat by a touchdown despite building up a decent lead and Eagles against Kansas City in which I was ahead by about 14 and Charles' running game destroyed me despite me not being able to run at all decently with him in my 1st game :pac:

Any advice no matter how big or small would be greatfully appreciated.

u on ps3??if so fancy a game not the greatest either..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic stuff lads, thanks very much.

It all seems very confusing to me at the minute but I'll study it all up, especially that write up from Berty, and I'm sure it will all start to make more sense.

I'll try it all out over the next couple of nights and report back to let you know how I'm getting on.

Thanks again lads, hopefully my abysmal online record will soon start to improve :pac:

bmcc10 wrote: »
    u on ps3??if so fancy a game not the greatest either..

Unfortunately not mate, I'm on Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

In that case up for a game wednesday, I owe you a beating since sunderland didn't take gibson!

In that case up for a game wednesday, I owe you a beating since sunderland didn't take gibson!

Yep, definitely. As long as you take it easy on me :pac:

• Advertisement

loan window still opened isn,t it still would,nt be surprised if he went..

bmcc10 wrote: »
    loan window still opened isn,t it still would,nt be surprised if he went..
    git is injured, cool my gt is raze them all, fire me off a friend request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

Got madden 11 this year and it was the first time I bought an American Football game and I so much more enjoyed it to any other sport game, more challanging and also it gave me a much better understanding of American Football and I hope to follow it more this season. So as I would like to get this game Im wondering would it be worth somebody like myself getting it as I dont quite know player names etc. Is the gameplay updated every year or is it just team rosters, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep. Gameplay is updated every year as well as rosters

You may as well trade in old Madden though you'll get very little for it and get the new one
    If another version was about to be released I wouldn't bother but the new one is just out so you'll get a full year out of it

Got madden 11 this year and it was the first time I bought an American Football game and I so much more enjoyed it to any other sport game, more challanging and also it gave me a much better understanding of American Football and I hope to follow it more this season. So as I would like to get this game Im wondering would it be worth somebody like myself getting it as I dont quite know player names etc. Is the gameplay updated every year or is it just team rosters, cheers.
    gameplay is updated every year though this years updates seem to do more harm than good, hopefully a patch of some sort will be out in a month or two to fix it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I'd be interested in joining the Xbox Online Franchise, if that's cool? Been ghosting here a while.

Well, I've played a further 3 games tonight and lost them all, but the good news is my defence is improving ten-fold. No longer am I conceding TD after TD from the running game nor am I losing a lot of yards from it either. I've gone from conceding around 35 + points a game to around 20 + points a game which is a good improvement just from using the formations tab as recommended and I'm learning more and more with each game.

Now my problem seems to be in sorting my offence. I pick throwing plays and 90% of the time it seems that no-one is open for me to pass to, everyone is covered and if I do pass I throw at best an incompletion and usually an interception. If I hold off a bit waiting for my runners to get free I usually get sacked or forced into throwing the ball away. I must be picking the wrong plays I guess? My running game has improved on offense, but my throwing game is still a joke.

Also, what teams do you lads favour when playing online? I understand that Eagles, Packers and Patriots seem to be the 3 best from looking at the ratings, but obviously they might not be the best to play with compared to others. I've been changing from game to game trying to find which team best suits my game and I reckon the Eagles and the Patriots are the two teams I've performed best with, however, I don't really want to be picking the Eagles all the time as I guess it's the equivalent of people picking Barcelona or Real Madrid on FIFA which does my head in :pac: It also doesn't feel as rewarding when I eventually nail it and start winning games.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'll play ya some time. I haven't played online, not confident enough yet:(

And on FIFA sometime, thats my house:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Coll79

Frustrating game to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

markontap wrote: »
    I'd like to get a PS3 league up and running if there's enough interest. I'm sick of watching the Xbox lads have the craic. Here's a list of interest so far. Anyone I've left out?

markontap
    Tom Brady
    JohnmcDnl
    infacteh
    Rochey18

I'd play too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Anyone on the XBox 360. Some of the guys on a site I use have setup an online community. Means when you go on you have loads of guys who play the game the right way and are looking for a friendly. Community even has its own lobby ! Anyone need an invite send me a pm on XBox live, gamertag is same as username on here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Guys, havent had a chance to get it yet and will now prob be thursday or later.

How much are you guys getting as a trade in for Madden 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Well, I've played a further 3 games tonight and lost them all, but the good news is my defence is improving ten-fold. No longer am I conceding TD after TD from the running game nor am I losing a lot of yards from it either. I've gone from conceding around 35 + points a game to around 20 + points a game which is a good improvement just from using the formations tab as recommended and I'm learning more and more with each game.

Now my problem seems to be in sorting my offence. I pick throwing plays and 90% of the time it seems that no-one is open for me to pass to, everyone is covered and if I do pass I throw at best an incompletion and usually an interception. If I hold off a bit waiting for my runners to get free I usually get sacked or forced into throwing the ball away. I must be picking the wrong plays I guess? My running game has improved on offense, but my throwing game is still a joke.

Also, what teams do you lads favour when playing online? I understand that Eagles, Packers and Patriots seem to be the 3 best from looking at the ratings, but obviously they might not be the best to play with compared to others. I've been changing from game to game trying to find which team best suits my game and I reckon the Eagles and the Patriots are the two teams I've performed best with, however, I don't really want to be picking the Eagles all the time as I guess it's the equivalent of people picking Barcelona or Real Madrid on FIFA which does my head in :pac: It also doesn't feel as rewarding when I eventually nail it and start winning games.

Cheers :)

what level are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

Guys, havent had a chance to get it yet and will now prob be thursday or later.

How much are you guys getting as a trade in for Madden 11?

7 euro store credit in Game Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

Updated PS3 Online Franchise Interest;

markontap
    Tom Brady
    JohnmcDnl
    infacteh
    Rochey18
    Izy
    Bmcc10

Cena, we'll be using Madden 12. You're more than welcome to join if/when ya pick it up. I'll give it another few days for people to express interest before we decide whether to go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Lads got €22 euro trade in for Madden 11 in HMV, Madden 12 is €48.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who the fúck designed these cheerleaders in the game. They're fúcking minging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im on xbox will have the game in two days, gamertag rizzo412

Lads, feel free to add me on Xbox Live - Hoodle84

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Played 3 games so far - at All-Pro level - and not particularly liking it. Most the problems already named on here.

They seem to pick off loads of passes whereas your defenders are like statues getting hit in the face.

It's also become impossible to blitz sides. It's almost like the O-line has about 10 stone more than the defensive backs.

To be honest, I don't know if I'll bother competing in an online franchise if this keeps up because I'm just not enjoying it as much as the last one. I know it's only early doors but it's frustrating as hell.

The trick is the sliders in the Settings, took the below from a post on Operation Sports:

'If you play on the PRO level use
    Human= 65. CPU= 100.
    Very slow speed. 100 threshold speed

If you play on ALL PRO level use
    Human= 55. CPU=100
    Slow speed. 100 threshold speed

If you play on ALL MADDEN level use
    Human= 50 CPU= 100
    Normal speed. 100 threshold speed'

It sounds simple but it actually works really well. I was somewhere between Pro and All-Pro so set all the human sliders at 60 and it works a treat. No pass rush issues, no ridiculous interception numbers (bar a three pick game with Ryan Mallett) and no games of headers-and-volleys with your own DB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Only two problems i have found are, have a wideout wide open down the field but either the MLB jumps like Le Bron James and gets a hand to it or ball to long in the air allows any defensive back to get a tackle in.

The other issue not sure if it is one or not but fumbles played a game there had 7 fumbles in the game.

what level are you playing on?

Only played a few games on Franchise mode on the default level and then moved straight away to online. It's no wonder I'm getting beat all the time but I've got no interest in offline play any more these days.

im the same paully its a joke im afraid the whole aspect of offline gaming is gone for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'm really in 2 minds as to whether this is going to be worth getting at all... Played 11 and the offline is just boring.. there's nothing interesting at all about it and it's just blehh... The online and multiplayer is great though so it was worth getting for that....

the update to 12 though looks like it's just going to be a roster update with some nicer pregame presentation (I skip this anyways so I couldn't care less about presentation tbh) so I really dunno whether I'm bothered with getting it...

I've already got NCAA 12 and I'm loving it so far.. have been playing the Dynasty Mode flat out since I got it and loving every minute of it... so much more rewarding than Franchise mode ever was in Madden.. haven't got to play it online yet because I've just been too lazy to make an American account but I will some of the days...

I've been reading reviews all evening about the game and I just dunno if it's going to be worth the investment for me... there's a heap of other games coming out around October/November that I'd rather save my €50 for and leave my football gaming this year with NCAA.. unless I can get a huge trade in discount for 11 or find it really cheap somewhere I don't think I'll be going with madden this year..

just don't think I can justify myself splashing out for what is essentially NCAA 12 but with the NFL roster and teams minus a decent offline mode.. especially seeing as I have 11 if I really do want to have a game with NFL teams...

Advertisement