Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It will be under Games -> Simulation

Is it there?

I can't find it on the drop down list :(

Must have gotten myself banned before the forum even started :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Check the forum requests there's a link in there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just at a laptop now.
    it's not coming up on the browser but it is on mobile

Here's the link anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Ravens @ Browns
    It just wasn't meant to be for the Purple Pain tonight in Cleveland as the home team came out on top 16-0.

Bengals are 4-3
    Ravens are 4-4
    Browns are 3-5

Great job Dave, AFC North is now a tight race!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

No, I couldn’t hear your mike properly. I heard you sometimes. On signing players,
    I would recommend doing it on the xbox, it works better.

It was a really good game alright. My D seemed unable to stop the run at all! I think it was to do with them not getting a drink of water between leaving the field and coming back on again!

My rookie QB, who has been excellent all year, in the pro bowl selections up until last week, just flat out refused to play…. Carlos Tevez style…. It was unreal!!

You played by filling the box and leaving the whole backfield open, to which I would normally say thanks and hit some long TD passes, but instead he just threw it over their heads repeatedly after the receiver had beaten their single coverage. I was very animated on my side!!:mad:

Eventually I benched him and brought Kaepernick on who played very well, but it was too little too late. My defense just wanted to go home and have a lie down.

Great game, VERY well played! I really felt it should have been closer if my passing attack was normal, but great game nonetheless.

Welcome to league, you are another quality addition and I look forward to the battle for the division! :)
    Lukebray wrote: »
    Just played Daflood, great game! My rushing game was on fire with 200 yards by LaGarrette Blount! final score of Chargers 28-Broncos 14 (hard luck). Two questions, the first for Daflood...could you hear my mic at all? It's a bit dodgy but my brother said you should have been able to hear me, I was talking/sighing when you picked me off :P

Secondly, just before our game was due to start I saw that my starting QB was injured and I had been left with Hunter Cantwell (oh yay) to lead my team. In my panic I logged onto the LM site to try and sign T.J. Yates but was unable to. I kept getting a message saying "You are not the commissioner for this league and cannot drop this player as he is on your team". Anybody any ideas why this would happen? Yates is a FA...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    IIRC it was the CPU that ran up the score.

Just on this, do you guys think that we should have a rule whereby you should limit the padding of stats against the CPU? As in if you are up by more than 24 in the 4th you should just run the ball. Cos it is a ridiculous score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We have that in the IG franchise but I honestly don't like it. With having 10 CPU teams still in the league, it can be seriously boring if you have 5 CPU games in a row and you just have to keep running and running, it gets boring :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    We have that in the IG franchise but I honestly don't like it. With having 10 CPU teams still in the league, it can be seriously boring if you have 5 CPU games in a row and you just have to keep running and running, it gets boring :pac:

Personally, don't mind what someone does against the CPU

Personally, don't mind what someone does against the CPU

Fair enough, but why is it acceptable against the CPU but not against an actual player?

I would be more inclined to allow someone to run up the score against a human player moreso than the CPU. I'm not talking about going for it with seconds to go in the 4th quarter just to pad the stats though.

I don't mind what anyone does against the CPU

Anyway you're only taking needless risks yourself
    Don't come back crying if the CPU gets two or three picks sixes and you lose

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Fair enough, but why is it acceptable against the CPU but not against an actual player?

I would be more inclined to allow someone to run up the score against a human player moreso than the CPU. I'm not talking about going for it with seconds to go in the 4th quarter just to pad the stats though.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    I don't mind what anyone does against the CPU

Anyway you're only taking needless risks yourself
    Don't come back crying if the CPU gets two or three picks sixes and you lose

Cos with the CPU - it aint gonna get pi$$ed off and if it goes pear shaped and people are throwing ints all over the place they'll either stop.. or end up losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Just on this, do you guys think that we should have a rule whereby you should limit the padding of stats against the CPU? As in if you are up by more than 24 in the 4th you should just run the ball. Cos it is a ridiculous score.

I don't think we need to be concerned about padding the score against CPU. At this point everyone gets more or less the same number of games against the CPU (not many) so go for it...

as long as we don't do it against other humans though as that's just being a dick.

Lads.. i presume we wont be able to link between madden 12 and madden 13 on the LM site?

Where the hell is niballer?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where the hell is niballer?

Why you thinking of him now?
    He left the franchise, didn't like it. :mad:

He's gone a long while

Why you thinking of him now?
    He left the franchise, didn't like it. :mad:

Really?

Never seen that post that he was going. Chap was decent enough. Must have been the week 16 beating I gave him :p

Yeah, he didn't post up, just didn't play his games. I played him in a few friendlies and PFL games. Just sent me a message saying he didn't like the franchise.

Any idea why?
    Maybe we could get him back now?

I tried, not interested! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

On the running up the score can I explain the IG rules which I basically wrote.

In that franchise we have a full 32 teams. Thus when someone drops out because he cannot make the game it seems only fair that that opponent cannot run up the score out of respect for the person having the decency for dropping out. Also it means a guy is more likely to being ameanable to dropping out knowing his side wont be raped.

I agree with what Ben says, in our franchise it should be a different, there should be no restriction playing a CPU team, unless you are playing a game for which a human has dropped out.

As for running up the score in a human v human game there is an easy rule for that and anything else in a game of Madden:

Do not do to anyone else in a game something which would upset you if it were done to you.

I asked bobareana who had the Bengals to rejoin but no interest

And he supports the Saints which are free so it would have been ideal

Sure what can ya do.

Ah well, he was a good player and regular poster

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think he hated, or at least strongly disliked the 2012 edition of Madden.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Do not do to anyone else in a game something which would upset you if it were done to you.

Agreed.. I think we've all been in positions where we could do it.... but have chosen not too.
    I think we should be a little tougher on this going forward... however the issue is we cant see when the scores take place so we only have the players word it.. i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think he hated, or at least strongly disliked the 2012 edition of Madden.

I don't blame him tbh. I think Madden 12 is poor myself.

Agreed.. I think we've all been in positions where we could do it.... but have chosen not too.
    I think we should be a little tougher on this going forward... however the issue is we cant see when the scores take place so we only have the players word it.. i think?

To be honest, there hasn't been too many issues. I have gotten 3 pms about certain players over the whole two seasons for doing things too often and particular things. I have noted what happened and talked to other guys about the players but in each case it seemed like it was just a once off event. So no reason to take action.

however the issue is we cant see when the scores take place so we only have the players word it.. i think?
    You can see when the scores are in the EA site, 'Scoring Summary' for each match

FAO Santry:
    Talked to BPrince. He is too busy to get the game played and hopes to get back on in the next couple of weeks. So I think that is us ready for another early advance.

Great stuff. Will be done at 2:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Also big shout out to linebacker for shutting out the Bucc's. Big result!

Advertisement