Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Or maybe they just wouldn't be able to tell an imposter from a Dublin player, even an imposter as out of shape as the one Sunday.

Snore ZZZzzzzzzzz, You must have missed the part where the 'out of shape dublin players' 'out fitnessed' Kerry...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

listermint wrote: »
    Snore ZZZzzzzzzzz, You must have missed the part where the 'out of shape dublin players' 'out fitnessed' Kerry...
    I certainly did not. I witnessed it all from my Dublin Season Ticket seat in the Cusack Lower.

What exactly is your point? As you seem to have missed mine.

zzzzz indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

He was drinking with us in "The Confession Box" on Monday.

Fair play to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Dionysus wrote: »
    Anyone listening to the Dub supporter Stephen Molloy talking to Cathal Mac Coille on Morning Ireland about how he got on to the pitch after the match and did a lap of honour with the team? He's hilarious. He said he held the Sam Maguire three times. :D

I googled him and there's loads of pictures of him here

Mad stuff altogether.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/impostor-stephen-the-16th-man-in-dubs-celebrations-2885703.html?start=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

That's brilliant, It would have been really cool if he'd gone up and gotten a medal unnoticed too. :pac:

• Advertisement

I certainly did not. I witnessed it all from my Dublin Season Ticket seat in the Cusack Lower.

What exactly is your point? As you seem to have missed mine.

zzzzz indeed.

Well it looked as if you were saying that the 'Out of shape' Mr Molloy would blend in quite well with the squad. So I addressed it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Galtee wrote: »
    That's brilliant, It would have been really cool if he'd gone up and gotten a medal unnoticed too. :pac:

well seeing as they dont give out medals it would have been hard enough to do that.

Well worth a watch, Very well put together

Dubs All Ireland win 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbuibg1PYM&feature=player_embedded#!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Galtee wrote: »

lol.....stick to the soccer lad. Celtic crosses aint handed out for months after the finals, normally, its the way its done in GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Well it looked as if you were saying that the 'Out of shape' Mr Molloy would blend in quite well with the squad. So I addressed it.
    Fire ahead so. I'll know you don't quite have a grasp on things going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

keithob wrote: »
    ill be honest - i was on the hill lookng out and i spotted him straight away saying to meself aint he fiece over weight to be involved in the Dublin setup in any way i.e. water boy physio... most of them are reasonably fit...

look the day got the better of him and id say half of us are just jealous!..

fair play kid!

Come On You Boys In Blue!

Delighted for him, he'll take that day to the grave with him a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

lol.....stick to the soccer lad. Celtic crosses aint handed out for months after the finals, normally, its the way its done in GAA.

I didn't realise that they didn't give out medals on the day. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

6173682006_7f203d22e2.jpg

Fire ahead so. I'll know you don't quite have a grasp on things going forward.

nice one, rather than saying 'Oh right bit of miscommunication' you have to come out with a smart comment - shows levels of maturity that ive never come across before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Fitzerb wrote: »
    6173682006_7f203d22e2.jpg
    That's truly awful, his head doesn't fit the body!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

dcr22B wrote: »
    That's truly awful, his head doesn't fit the body!

As much as I love him, worst poster pic EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Well worth a watch, Very well put together

Dubs All Ireland win 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbuibg1PYM&feature=player_embedded#!

Lump in the throat watching that, very good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

It's over a week now. These kind of posts are looking more and more pathetic as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah sure we all know that time makes valid points irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Joe McQuillan cost us a place in last years All Ireland Final when he gave a line ball to Cork that was clearly for Dublin. Rather than bitch about it for a whole week, we just accepted it and got on with it.

I suggest you do the same as to keep going on about his performance is making you out to be a sore loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

blackbelt wrote: »
    Joe McQuillan cost us a place in last years All Ireland Final when he gave a line ball to Cork that was clearly for Dublin. Rather than bitch about it for a whole week, we just accepted it and got on with it.

I suggest you do the same as to keep going on about his performance is making you out to be a sore loser.

Blackbelt! Ignore Homerjay. He might'nt even be a Kerry fan. I was home in the Kingdom for the weekend and no one down there has a problem with the Dubs and they are considered worthy Champions. The vast majority of Kerry people are gracious in defeat and I would hate if one person was giving you an adverse opinion of us all.

Rookster wrote: »
    Blackbelt! Ignore Homerjay. He might'nt even be a Kerry fan. I was home in the Kingdom for the weekend and no one down there has a problem with the Dubs and they are considered worthy Champions. The vast majority of Kerry people are gracious in defeat and I would hate if one person was giving you an adverse opinion of us all.

who has a problem with dublin? nobody, i mean nobody has a problem with dublin, its not their fault the ref was awful.

im born and rared in kerry and even this morning lad for your info, one week on, the radio kerry morning show was bombarded with texts about the ref. jack o conoor mentioned it, its in the local papers, all over the kerry gaa forum, was still being talked about where i was drinking over the weekend, so i dont know where you live, but its still a major talking point and will be all winter.

less of the bull please, nobody here is having a go at dublin.

who has a problem with dublin? nobody, i mean nobody has a problem with dublin, its not their fault the ref was awful.

im born and rared in kerry and even this morning lad for your info, one week on, the radio kerry morning show was bombarded with texts about the ref. jack o conoor mentioned it, its in the local papers, all over the kerry gaa forum, was still being talked about where i was drinking over the weekend, so i dont know where you live, but its still a major talking point and will be all winter.

less of the bull please, nobody here is having a go at dublin.

Its only a major talking point in your head, I think youve built it up so far in your mind that at this stage you cant back down.

I think youve actually bought into your own hype on the referee.

let it go, or spend your winter in a sad state of discontent.

The normal kerry supporter on the street enjoyed the game and gave Dublin there dues. The games over, you cant dial back the refereeing now. And giving out about it into December will not make Sam appear in Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I admire Jack O Connor but I think he should take a serious look at his own decisions.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Look up the word "disingenuous"... actually here you go!

You quite simply cant say Dublin are deservedly the champions ..... but we woz robbed by the ref.

That quite some cognitive dissonance right there!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'm amazed 1 week on that the ref debate is still going on! Went back to work today after a week's holiday and work with a few lads from North Kerry and talking with 2 of them who were up in Croker both said the ref had nothing to do with the defeat and both laid the blame firmly with Jack O'Connor and his selectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I'm sick of this blame the ref nonsense, and it was the panel on the Sunday Game who started this and imo that panel got it badly wrong.

I'll probably get a warning or a ban for this but here goes..

Anyone with a clue about GAA will tell you the Ger Brennan tackle was 100% accidental. O'Sulivan slipped and there wasn't a hope of Brennan getting out of the way in the micro second it happened. To say it was a deliberate elbow to the face is frankly rubbish.

The tackle by Kean at the end was a stonewall freekick. The only doubt was if the ref should have played on, but why should he?

Cluxton coming up to to take the free...the ref added 12 seconds, and there wasn't a hope Kerry would score a point in at least the next minute, because they looked to have run out of steam, not surprising with an aging team, with no bench to speak of.

There's also the inexplicable decision not to send Sheehan off for dragging down McCauley who was through on goal, a far more cynical and deliberate challenge than Brennan's. And also the inexplicable decision not to give a penalty to Dublin when Brosnan handled in the small rectangle.

Of course it suits Jack O'Connor to blame the ref. He's hardly going to blame himself now is he. The real question is, has O'Connor taken this team as far as he can? In my view the answer is yes. Kerry looked out of ideas in the final, and are too reliant on either young untried players or older players who seem to struggle on the day.

Kerry can blame the ref or they can take a long hard look at themselves as to why they didn't close out the game.

When teams are level with a minute to go, it only takes the bounce of a ball to decide the game.

Advertisement