Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs Of Ibiza Season 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Quality, stealing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

be interesting to know if the uk dubstep/ funky scene had any influence on ibiza this summer. i know pearson sound and a few others played at space or one of those big clubs... id say someone like julio bashmore would go down well there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Well that's definitely true, I'll admit, its a beautiful island, but we're discussing it's as a holiday destination for people who like bad house music.

and what about bad D & B and Dubstep, listen man every genre even my beloved old skool has bad tunes and House is no different, House is so splintered thesedays you will always get different people into different styles, D & B is no different as is any genre of dance music (unfortunately) but there you go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

But Ibiza is where unemployed northsiders go on holidays and no amount of foam is going to wash the smell of that crowd and no amount of aftershock will get the taste of Tallaght clunge out of me mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

What's with the negativity about holidaying in Ibiza (particularly from people that haven’t been)? I’ve been there a few times and I’ve always had a great time.

Where else would you guys suggest going on a ‘clubbing’ holiday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Berlin.

davet82 wrote: »

Canada?

seal-hunt-1.jpg

joker77 wrote: »
    Berlin.

I've never been but I've heard its good, I'd still prefer to have some sun on a holiday though

Canada?

seal-hunt-1.jpg
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

True but it misses the sunshine factor
    you asked for clubbing holiday, not sunshine and clubbing holiday ;)

Besides, plenty of sunshine in Berlin during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Berlin or London.

@Steve, Julio Bashmore's playing there this weekend, saw summat about it on his Facebook.

joker77 wrote: »
    you asked for clubbing holiday, not sunshine and clubbing holiday ;)

Besides, plenty of sunshine in Berlin during the summer

lol ok ok. A sunshine holiday then with large dance music events (just in case I get more clubbing seal posts) :p

I like city breaks and berlin is one i must try but I dont consider them holidays in the traditional sense, i'll be more careful in future :D

lol ok ok. A sunshine holiday then with large dance music events

Estonia?

estonian-dance-festival.jpg

http://estonia.eu/about-estonia/culture-a-science/song-and-dance-festivals.html

lol oh i give up ;)

But Ibiza is where unemployed northsiders go on holidays and no amount of foam is going to wash the smell of that crowd and no amount of aftershock will get the taste of Tallaght clunge out of me mouth.

Tallaght is in South West Dublin and half the bleedin country is unemployed :p

another thread descends into a downright bizzare one:eek::D

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Tallaght is in South West Dublin and half the bleedin country is unemployed :p

Tallaght's as low as I'd go. Sure you couldn't be going after Phibsboro fanny…

Or clontarf clunge

Or Marino minge

Or Balbriggan beaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I hope you have as good a way with the women as you do with the words Android :pac:

• Advertisement

something in Ibiza for everyone imo, foam parties and chavs is just one side of it.. was there in 05 and had a blast, lately the **** factor about the place seems to be on the up alright.. gone popular with celebs & too cool for school California wannabes posing about the place listening to headkandi

Clanket wrote: »
    I hope you have as good a way with the women as you do with the words Android :pac:

They don't call me LL Cool A for nutting. When I saunter over to the ladyezz and I tell them I know their mudder…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

jusging by the vids posted on the first page (which are fookin sh1te) im guessin this was originally some kind of a troll thread.

would have loven to have gone over this year... lads holiday in itself is unbeatable, throw in a few peoper nights out and its a winner

wont let me post video, all i get is a white box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

I had some **** pull a knife on me when buying drugs in Ibiza. The deal went sour over a language issue. I thought it was 5 pills for 20 and he said 50 in spanish.

Good buzz all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

wont let me post video, all i get is a white box :(

put the bit AFTER the "=" in the url inside the youtube tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

ah ibiza, never bothered going for years as i knew i wouldnt like it too much, got all the usual "how can you say that youve never been" crap of people, so i went 2 years ago, im not joking when i say this, i did not enjoy any of the music or clubs, there was nothing there techno wise (as in good underground techno, not the mnml stuff), beautiful island all the same and i had a buzz, just deffo not my sort of place for raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Here's a nice little rundown on the 2011 season.

This week’s WRDM is a special one from the White Island. Ibiza. Slap on your sun cream, lie back, drink a massive jug of Sangria, drop some pills and get yourself a blow job off a Geordie slapper because we’re in the White Isle. Ibiza, Spain.
    As I said earlier in this week's blog, this week’s WRDM is an Ibiza special from the White Island, Ibiza. I’m talking Ibiza, Ibizan music, Ibizan birds and Ibizan clubbing and Ibizan sunsets on Sunset Beach, Ibiza. My mate (who will remain nameless! LOL) got back from there the other day and he said he had the best time. Out of the nine lads who went he said he pulled the most birds.
    Despite what you might think though, Ibiza is not JUST about the birds you can pull. Ibiza is the spiritual home of dance music. This little White Island off the western coast of Spain is where house music started, house music remained and where house music will continue to live. You don’t get more house than Ibiza so I’m ****ing psyched to be doing a review about it.
    My mate said he went he went to 3 nightclubs and loads of bars. The night clubs he went to were Circo Loco, Space on Sunday and Manumission. He said the best three bars were Café Mambo, Café Del Mar and Cheers Karaoke Bar in San Antonio. He didn't pull in either of the two Cafés but he pulled loads in Cheers. One night he pulled a Scouser, got back to her apartment, done her from behind, fell asleep and when she got up in the morning to wash the crusty spunk off her arse he legged it back to the hotel in just his pants where he got a standing ovation of applause from his mates!! ****ing legend, mate. Legend.

Right, lets get cracking.

As the name suggests, Circo Loco is a night club with a twist. The two promoters come from a family of clowns and they have drawn from their Romanian Circus childhood to create an Ibizan brand synonymous with mucking about. These crazy bastards put the NIGHTclub on during the DAY on a Monday. Who goes clubbing on a Monday afternoon?? Honestly, my mate said he'd never seen anything like it.

It gets ****ing stupid before you've even paid entry. Apparently you get handed a big red clown wig at the door and if you don't put it on the bouncer can refuse access. You HAVE to wear the red wig to get through the doors, but once you're in you're allowed to take it off. Sounds ****ing weird to me - gone are the days when a nice pair of trousers and shoes would guarantee you entry. I suppose foreign clubs just have different rules.

Anyway, get inside Circo Loco nightclub and you are hit by non-stop beats. This place is pure, wall-to-wall house music, women and drugs. Even the DJs are women. My mate said that when Tania Volcano was on his mate asked one of their mates to go and get some gear. My mate's mate's mate couldn't move for 15 minutes because Tania V was playing some music that he literally couldn't stop dancing to. If anyone can identify this track, please get in touch because it sounds trippy as ****; my mate said it was a standard 4/4 kick drum pattern with a clap on the 2 and a snare on the 4. This was a 2 bar phrase looped - the second phase of the phrase had a snare on the 2 AND 4. The bass line was sub and had a LOT of side-chain compression (linked with the kick). It had a closed hat spilling throughout every beat and a "dance with me" vocal that was repeated every bar. It sounded tribal, had lots of toms echoing through it and every 16 bars there would be a simple lead minor chord pad that would run BACKWARDS. I would love to get my hands on an MP3 version of this if anyone can help.

So, this track finishes and my mate could stop dancing long enough to go and get some E tablets. Usually, you're walking round like a lemon in UK clubs looking shifty and asking moody looking ****ers if they're selling. I always feel a bit sordid doing that, especially when I ask someone and they look down their nose at me and say "no". When you eventually do find someone selling you get absolutely no customer service; you get scowled at, they don't maintain eye contact, won't do banter AND they don't do change. I only carry on buying them because they make me feel really good about myself.

I'll tell you something while I'm at it, why oh why oh why don't UK clubs stop kidding themselves and admit it. Yes, we are a nightclub. Yes, we are open until 8am the next day and the only reason these kids keep turning up, missing bedtime and dancing until chucking out time is because we have a load of ****ing drug dealers indoors knocking out illegal high Ecstasy pills. In Circo Loco, my mate said there were blokes dressed as clowns wearing big purple badges with the word "CHEMIST" on them in big white letters! They were knocking faze tabs out happy as Larry. No one batted an eye lid. He met jolly looking dealers from Argentina, Spain, France and Moscow, and every single one of them smiled and looked like they were having just as good a time as their punters. It makes a ****ing difference. I know the powers that be in our so called country don't like a sensible drug debate but they need to compare and contrast Circo Loco in Ibiza with The Egg in Kings Cross and sort out some kind of middle ground because I'm seriously considering moving to Ibiza. "Goodbye Tonka UK tax revenue". Sorry lads, I'm getting all political. Let's get back to the tunes...

You can't go to Ibiza without experiencing the experience that is the Manumission experience. My mate said that as soon as he walked through the front door he saw a midget woman being fingered by the bald headed promoter whilst his missus fingered him with his other finger as an amputee was squeezing her arse with his wrists! Can you believe it? This wasn't even part of the famous Manumission Sex Show on stage - he said this was just by the cloakroom amongst the punters.

Manumission is all about superstar DJs playing techno whilst the bald headed promoter and his missus make love on stage with dwarfs who can suck their own dicks. Not my kind of thing but its 2011 and I'm willing to go with the flow. Loco Dice was playing at this particular night and, my mate couldn't say for sure, but he was 99% certain that he was getting a blow job beneath the decks. Said he was pulling some ****ing peculiar faces during mixing.

Space on Sunday is where it all kicks off. Space on Sunday is on the Sunday in Ibiza and it's where it all kicks off for the clubbers who like to party. My mate got in and bought some cheeky salt off a bloke who he thought was Brandon Block. It wasn't him though. Carl Cox plays here every week on the Sunday throughout the Ibiza season and, let me tell you this, he absolutely tore the roof off of Space on Sunday! My mate said he was playing stuff like The Prodigy, Basement Jazz, Carl Cox, Miss Kittin and tons of white labels; stuff he'd never heard before. "When you watch the famous Ibiza sunset from the Space on Sunday courtyard you are watching a slice of Heaven descend directly from God in Heaven and into the Spanish Sea on Earth - there is no Hell and we are one body, one life and one humanity travelling through the Universe". Pretty heavy stuff but they're not my words, they're the words of this Scottish bloke my mate got chatting to after dropping his seventh pill.

So that's the Ibiza CLUB review. 9/10 from Tonka.

I'd highly recommend getting yourself over there. I'm hoping to get there myself one year. Maybe if I can save a few quid I'll pop over in 2012 and see what the future of dance holds for 2013.

I'll be back next Tuesday with a normal font and layout (I wanted to spice things up for the Summer Special). Not sure what I'm writing about yet but will let you know in next week's WRDM blog.

http://tonkawrdm.blogspot.com/2011/08/this-weeks-wrdm-is-special-one-from.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Did he just do a review of his mates holiday which he wasn't even on?

Advertisement