Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longmire [A&E/Netflix - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finished ep 6.

Dont want it to end.

The music montages and cinematography in this are amazing.

Best season so far I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished it over the weekend. What a cliffhanger. That really could be ANYONE at the end.

I have a theory, though. It could be
    Geno Segers character (shown almost out of character at the start in a shirt and tie). You don't get someone like that for a tiny bit-part. Anyone who has seen Banshee knows what a badass he is. The kind of guy who could kick a door off the hinges too.

I'm guessing a relative of
    Hector
    ?

Hopefully we don't have a whole year to wait to find out.

Finished now.

Sad it's over and hopefully it's renewed again.

It was a very strong series. Maybe slightly weaker in the second half than first but very good.

Odd cliffhanger or at least the way it's delivered.

Really have to find the time to give this a watch. Somewhat apprehensive about doing so as I just like it so much, it's the strongest show around and the writing is a step above the likes of Game of Thrones. The manner in which the writers spend series building up a character or plot arc only to go in a completely unexpected direction is masterful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for season 5.
    12189856_1099329016745901_4496777371847587832_n.jpg?oh=5f3ce12c426e9bd135ca926e60cd7a45&oe=56BC16A5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Renewed for season 5.
    12189856_1099329016745901_4496777371847587832_n.jpg?oh=5f3ce12c426e9bd135ca926e60cd7a45&oe=56BC16A5

YESSSSSSSSSSS! GET THE FUPP IN!

Brilliant news.

Get in!!!!

Delighted!

Finally got through a re-watch of series three and started series four, only one episode and already been blown away by the quality on display, the move to Netflix has been a real God send for the show and the longer episode run time allows the show a little more room to breath. It's a shame that the show never seems to get the love it deserves, it's the most adult show on at the minute and delves into some dark places. I genuinely think that the TV landscape would be a much poorer place if we were to lose the show as it's perhaps the only crime show airing atm in which cynicism is absent and all the better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

cops are not suppose to shoot ppl as there running away are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Season 5 drops on September 23th.

longmire.jpg?w=570&h=285&l=50&t=40

Strong rumours online that this is the last one! Can't wait anyway.

So much talk of it being the last series and it would be a shame if that were the case as there's nothing really on that comes close to matching it. People go on and on about how adult something like Game of Thrones is but working my way through it at the minute and honestly I find that it doesn't hold a candle to Longmire. Sure, it's great TV but it lacks the heart of Longmire. I rarely get excited for TV these days but honestly, I'd have no problem taking a couple of days off work so as to watch series 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yeah it would be a shame for it to end. As you say there's no real reason it can't run for several more seasons. While their is an overall story arch, it's not really what makes this work.
    Then again better it end with 5 strong seasons than keep going until it gets tired and worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭squonk

Does it make sense for Netflix to revive the show only to kill it off after 2 seasons? I'd have imagined they'd try to get at least 3-4 seasons more out of it to make the revival worthwhile!

squonk wrote: »
    Does it make sense for Netflix to revive the show only to kill it off after 2 seasons? I'd have imagined they'd try to get at least 3-4 seasons more out of it to make the revival worthwhile!

They won't be committing to anything if the figures don't make sense in fairness!

5 seasons would be a good run.

Trailer and Promo poster.

CrX52hzUEAAD7ve.jpg

Dunno what to make of that!

Roll on the 23rd anyway!

Re-watching series 4 in preparation for Friday and the show remains exceptional viewing. Episode 6 in particular is one of the most powerful pieces of television in quite some time and among the most shocking and adult 60 minutes around. The way it deals with rape is a masterclass in understatement, the writers understand that we do not need to see the act itself but rather that the aftereffects can be even more shocking. No other show brings such a humane touch when exploring how such an act affects the victim as well as looking at the shocking realities of rape on reservations. It's genuinely unsettling that in this day in age that Indian women are 2.5 time more likely to be raped than non Indian women.

Spent a few minutes last night getting Netflix America back set up so that I could spend the weekend getting back into Longmire.

• Advertisement

A really good opening episode to season 5 and I like the way the story might go.

Four episodes in and the standard of this show has not dropped one bit.

Episodes 3 & 4 main episode stories are really really strong.

If this show doesn't get nominated for an major award before it's run ends it will be an utter disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So I take it this is not available on Irish Netflix?

DeepBlue wrote:
    So I take it this is not available on Irish Netflix?

Nope, TCM's existing contract means that Netflix here can't show it

Nope, TCM's existing contract means that Netflix here can't show it

Which is funny in a way.

I don't know anyone who watches it on tcm so wonder if they get decent as revenue from it.

Also, I'm surprised their contract extended to series 4 and 5 after it was cancelled by the other american network.

noodler wrote:
    Also, I'm surprised their contract extended to series 4 and 5 after it was cancelled by the other american network.

Their contract was with Warner who own the show and as such they continue to have first look here. Have no real problem with it, can easily watch it on Netflix with a minutes work and I think that for many older fans having it on a TV channel is beneficial, especially over here where for many people inherent connection just isn't what it should be.

Wow the ending to episode 5 wow.

Another awesome season of Longmire and as close to perfection as a show can get.

There was talk that this would be the final season but the ending (Cliffhangers)hopefully means it will continue with another season or at the very least a Netflix movie to wrap up everything.

Walt is a man I would love to have a beer with.

Netflix need to promote this heavily in awards season for GG and Emmys this show deserves nominations that at the very least.

On a side note it was great to see The Ferg get his own little arc during the middle episodes

Are the Episodes all the guts of an hour (or more!) like S4?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Are the Episodes all the guts of an hour (or more!) like S4?

Yes they are all in and around the 1 hour mark in length with a couple close to 70 minutes.

Advertisement