Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longmire [A&E/Netflix - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was henry doing his wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

was henry doing his wife?
    Eh? How do you arrive at that conclusion? :confused:

The implication last year was that Walt had killed the man who killed his wife. However now it appears that Walt didn't do it (but wanted to) and he thinks Henry did it.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Eh? How do you arrive at that conclusion? :confused:

The implication last year was that Walt had killed the man who killed his wife. However now it appears that Walt didn't do it (but wanted to) and he thinks Henry did it.

why would a man kill somebody who killed a women... because he loved her?

(or becos longmire tried to do it was injured serverly and henry finished the job)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, i was also thinking that henry was either sleeping with the wife.. or wanted to sleep with longmire

it's not the kind of thing you do for "just a friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

yeah, i was also thinking that henry was either sleeping with the wife.. or wanted to sleep with longmire

Well we had that kind of thing in one episode already....

• Advertisement

... genuinely don't know what you're talking about :)

Ep 7 S1 "8 Seconds"

Longmire and Henry are more than friends, they're more like brothers and Henry has repeatedly risked his life to look out for Walt. In the novels Henry's past is far more defined, he served with Walt in Vietnam but while Walt worked as army police Henry was involved in some of the bloodiest battles of the war. He's a trained killer who would lay down his own life for Walt, Cary or Walt 's wife.

Damn it, gona have to read another set of books now.
    http://www.goodreads.com/series/41170-walt-longmire
    This could end like song of fire and ice, with me lost in books for a whole summer.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Damn it, gona have to read another set of books now.
    http://www.goodreads.com/series/41170-walt-longmire
    This could end like song of fire and ice, with me lost in books for a whole summer.

They're well worth it. Nothing strikingly original but the plots are interesting, the characters likeable and there's a bit of mystery to them. They also deal with Indian mythology and its not uncommon for Walt to see ancient warriors following him.

• Advertisement

Nothing strikingly original but the plots are interesting, the characters likeable and there's a bit of mystery to them
    So exactly like the TV show then! Perfect sunday night viewing and summer reading.

Series 1 starting on RTÉ next week.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/32348667_tv_Longmire

23:25 - 00:30

rte staying true to form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just started watching Longmire after Netflix recommended it,much prefer it over Justified.

Episodes are weaved together very well,and the show covers a lot of dark issues without having to resort to gratuitous sex or violence in order to get it's point across.

Reminds me of Due South in a lot of ways,especially in it's dry humour.

the might a bit of trouble getting a conviction with a confession gotten by tying a man to a horse

Very strong episode with lots of great parts to it.
    Who'd have thought the election result would be such an anti-climax after the bulk of 2 seasons - and that it wouldn't be a problem?

Ferg being quite the dancer, Walt finally getting some, Vic adroitly resolving jurisdiction issues. :D

My favourite bit was when the ICU machine started beeping ominously and the nurse just casually strolls in and pushes a button. :pac:

The show does the father-daughter relationship very well imo and the efforts it makes to keep things credible means it doesn't lose the audience when it does the Indian rituals.

did the evil indian guy puncture her tyre for some reason

did the evil indian guy puncture her tyre for some reason
    It seems Branch suspects something along those lines. Guess we're gonna find out next week.

Just watched the last two episodes thinking that that they were the last of the season and pretty much punched the air when I heard Lucian talking over a sneak previews of next weeks double bill season finale. Cannot bloody wait, this season has been absolutely brilliant with some really great episodes and a real sense of tension to it all. The election episode was very well done and the manner in which they built up to it throughout the season only for it to be forgotten was a masterstroke. It put the whole season and Walt's inner demons in perspective and it's going to be interesting to see where the show goes from here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 finale last night....no word on a third yet.

• Advertisement

decent finale

cant say i care all that much about the ending
    it's not like anything bad is going to happen to henry....

oh

guess i should wait until the episode is definitely over before I start bitching online

love this show, its great

all things aiming towards one man

Watched the final episode this evening and really enjoyed it. There was a real sense of dread throughout the episodes and those final moments were genuinely brilliant. It was far from the shows best episode, it works best when concentrating on the mystery of the week but the setup for series 3 was interesting. The whole, who killed Walt's wife and her killer is really dragging on though at least its remained interesting and I'm wondering if they may be using it to introduce Walt's army past.

https://twitter.com/JohnCoveny/status/373165116516102145

renewed for a third season

--edit

http://tvline.com/2013/08/29/longmire-renewed-season-3/
    or perhaps not

seems likely either way

• Registered Users Posts: 53,946 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Got around watching this and its absolutely epic watching. Its really gripping tv. I love the sutle jokes to just longmire being a bad ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Headshot wrote: »
    Got around watching this and its absolutely epic watching. Its really gripping tv. I love the sutle jokes to just longmire being a bad ass

Yeah, it's one of my favourite shows now, ends on cracker of cliff hanger for latest series. Already looking forward to next series, have a decent wait though.

It's a beautiful day at the Red Pony.

Moved house and fungus lot got around to getting TV channels. Just after series linking series 2 of Longmire even though I watched it as it aired, have rewatched episodes on Netflix and have the Blu-Ray preordered as it has a number of extended episodes. Think it's safe to say that I really do love the show. Rare to find something so simple yet effective, it really is one of the best shows on TV and head and shoulders above all other procedurals airing.

id forgotten all about this show...quite surprised at how few posts there are though, i seem to remember it being busier while the show was airing

And it returns for season 2 tonight on one of the sky channels, TMC I think. So for the ones of us with less generous cousins in america, this is the chance to catch up.

• Advertisement

With series 3 starting in three weeks, the second series out onBlu-Ray in two with a number of extended episodes and book number 11 being released on June 4 I thought it was about time I watched the first series again.

Watching on Netflix and it really hold up. It's by far the best looking show on tv with some truly gorgeous scenery. The back drop upon which the show unfolds is a character in itself. The show is a western with horses replaced by cars and the old fashioned look and feel makes four perfect Sunday night tv.

Advertisement