Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tobacco or Cigarettes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cigarettes
    GV for me. I find Samson and OH way too dark and strong - my chest is wrecked after only a few.

Anyone else dry their tobacco before rolling? I spread about 7-8g on a paper kitchen towel and microwave it for about 20 seconds. To me, it tastes much better.

How many rollers use a filter? I roll fairly thin, so I cut the super slim filters on the diagonal and pop them in after the cig is rolled.

Also, I think the fact that a rollie will go out if you don't take a pull for a minute great. No chance of setting the house on fire. Also, I never roll in advance (except for a car journey). I operate on the principle that if I'm too drunk to roll it, I'm too drunk to smoke it! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Cigarettes
    Esel wrote: »
    GV for me. I find Samson and OH way too dark and strong - my chest is wrecked after only a few.

Anyone else dry their tobacco before rolling? I spread about 7-8g on a paper kitchen towel and microwave it for about 20 seconds. To me, it tastes much better.

How many rollers use a filter? I roll fairly thin, so I cut the super slim filters on the diagonal and pop them in after the cig is rolled.

Also, I think the fact that a rollie will go out if you don't take a pull for a minute great. No chance of setting the house on fire. Also, I never roll in advance (except for a car journey). I operate on the principle that if I'm too drunk to roll it, I'm too drunk to smoke it! :D

I always leave the bag open if its GV as its a very moist tobacco. I picked up 250g of GV and Drum (they were the only brands there) in Abu Dhabi recently. I've blown through the Drum, but am a bit disappointed with the GV as its very moist and not strong enough (especially considering GV was almost double the price of the Drum)

Yeah, I also find that GV rollies have atendecy to extinguish themselves very quickly. I actually don't find this a problem with other tobaccos.

I must try that microwave trick now, and get back to you to say how well it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 luv2dance

cigs are cheaper where I live. though the flavored wraps are a neat experience. besides, tobacco gets everywhere. At least 10% of a pouch goes into my vacuum, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

I went for cigs only because i cant roll properly and am too lazy to learn the art of it :P

B&H were my 1st choice but they've been hard to smoke as of late so need to either experiment with rolling or pick a lighter brand of cigs.(suggestions)? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Used to smoke B&H Gold till about 2 months ago ish. Now on Drum and LOOOOOOOOVE it :D Not the rolling part obviously...and so much cheaper! Kinda gone off proper fags now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cigarettes
    ^ I'm going off rollies since I started vaping. Down from 15-20 per day to about 5, some days less or none! See my post #7 above.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Cigarettes
    Amber Leaf for the win.

I got 5x 50g pouches a while ago for 18 quid, absolute money saver.

I don't smoke that much so they keep me going, but Im awful for leaving down my pouches when im out in smoking areas etc so i have a few left over 12.5g pouches that i bring on the beer with me.

:eek: Reveal your secret!

Advertisement