Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tobacco or Cigarettes

Options
  • 25-08-2011 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Switched to rolling tobacco over a year ago and I have to say I prefer them to cigarettes. There is the obvious draw back of being on a night out and having to pre-roll, but if some one asks for a smoke and I say I have rollies 9/10 times I get "ah it's grand" :D.

There are some advantages as I don't smoke as much especially if I am too lazy to roll any :pac: and they cost half the price and last twice as long (well for me anyway). So what is your choice?

Tobacco or Cigarettes 30 votes

Tobacco
    0%
    Cigarettes
    100%
    weemcdEselRichieCMimikyut1mmmurphym7moonflower[Deleted User]snolluppogsickpadz54krocx PyRoHurricane-Deanlalee17DepecheHead101play4fun1ghogie91Skyhunterrobman60 30 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Carroll's fooking rule. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Cigarettes, no patience for rolling my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Cigarettes
    hondasam wrote: »
    I was the same but when you get in the zone you have loads rolled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I was the same but when you get in the zone you have loads rolled :D

Looking for a lighter can drive me nuts sometimes, on that note cig break.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Cigarettes
    Looking for a lighter can drive me nuts sometimes, on that note cig break.
    I'm rolling as I'm typing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cigarettes
    E-cigarettes are the way forward. You can 'roll' your own juice/flavours too....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Benson & Hedges FTW :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Cigarettes
    I'm the same as you OP.
    As the user name suggets, I used to smoke Rothmans, but switched to rollies fulltime about a year and a half ago.
    Old Holborn all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Cigarettes
    tobacco for a good niQUITineen smoke but ciggs for the chemical rush wit a few beers at the wkend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Cigarettes
    Smoke a pipe. Cheap enough and it helps you solve murder mysteries.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My mate took up the rollies about year ago.

Took him about 2 mothhs to get used to them.

Once he did, he said he'd never smoke a regular tipped ciggie again.

I smoke B&H and now he won't take one off me when I offer him one of mine.

(I'm feckin delighted) :)

However he reckons he saves about €30 a week by switching to rolled baccy.

Cigarettes
    I'm rolling as I'm typing :D

Thats a great idea.
    But trying to sneak out of the house,without waking anyone up, to smoke it at this hour could be tricky for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Cigarettes

patience will save you a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Switched to rolling tobacco over a year ago and I have to say I prefer them to cigarettes. There is the obvious draw back of being on a night out and having to pre-rol

some would say drag

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cigarettes
    Switched to rolling tobacco a couple of years ago. They're much nicer than cigarettes IMO and I get way more than 20 smokes out of a 12.5g bag.

Cutters Choice FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

SNIP:

Sorry Ghandee. Your comment was OK in After Hours but in the Smoking fourm we have a policy not to discuss that topic. I deleted the reference when the thread got moved over to here.
    OldGoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Switched to rolling tobacco over a year ago and I have to say I prefer them to cigarettes. There is the obvious draw back of being on a night out and having to pre-roll, but if some one asks for a smoke and I say I have rollies 9/10 times I get "ah it's grand" :D.

There are some advantages as I don't smoke as much especially if I am too lazy to roll any :pac: and they cost half the price and last twice as long (well for me anyway). So what is your choice?

Don't forget when out in the smoking area and you pull out a bag of tobacco someone is almost guaranteed to interject with "ah no man have a cigarette";)

I smoke Golden Virginia the most of the time but occasionally splash out on a pack of John Player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Cigarettes
    Been rolling for 20 years now and can't stand the taste or smell of "straights", would only smoke one in total desperation.
    You don't get that morning mouth dryness with them and haven't had a cough since 1991.
    DRUM FTW. :D
    mackg wrote: »
    Don't forget when out in the smoking area and you pull out a bag of tobacco someone is almost guaranteed to interject with "ah no man have a cigarette";)
    People saying "Here, have a real one" while holding out a pack of "chemical tubes" while I am preparing a few untainted tobacco leaves for smoking always makes me smile.

Cigarettes
    mackg wrote: »
    I smoke Golden Virginia the most of the time but occasionally splash out on a pack of John Player.

Jesus.. what a difference in strength!

I always found golden virgina sooo weak.. and then player are so strong! :o

But me, I smoke amber leaf.. I used to smoke b&h's until maybe a year ago..
    Now if someone offered one to me, i'd definately refuse.

Tobacco is so much nicer. I find the smell and taste of cigarettes now repulsive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Tobacco is so much nicer. I find the smell and taste of cigarettes now repulsive.

do you not find that amber leaf has a cherry twang to it or something? it's rank,same with B&H :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Cigarettes
    Amber Leaf for the win.

I got 5x 50g pouches a while ago for 18 quid, absolute money saver.

I don't smoke that much so they keep me going, but Im awful for leaving down my pouches when im out in smoking areas etc so i have a few left over 12.5g pouches that i bring on the beer with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

pmcmahon wrote: »
    do you not find that amber leaf has a cherry twang to it or something? it's rank,same with B&H :pac:

Hate amber leaf's aftertaste. Samson or camel rolling tobacco are the best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Cigarettes
    I don't smoke that much so they keep me going, but Im awful for leaving down my pouches when im out in smoking areas etc so i have a few left over 12.5g pouches that i bring on the beer with me.
    Good idea.
    I always buy a 12.5g for a night out, loosing the 50g is "slightly" annoying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Locking the thread to do some housekeeping on it to make it comply with the Smoking forum charter.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Thread re-opened.
    Please read the Smoking forum Charter prior to posting. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Switched to rolling tobacco about a year ago, literally half the price of normal cigarettes but i do prefer the taste of normal smokes.
    Almost completely given up now though so doesn't make much of a difference though :pac:

Cigarettes

I've always found rollings tobaccos to be generally stronger than the strongest of cigarettes, well Old holborn and Samson anyway. you could be right about GV though.
    animan wrote: »
    Hate amber leaf's aftertaste. Samson or camel rolling tobacco are the best imo

Samson is one of the better rolling tobaccos IMO. Not mad about Camel though.

I find that GV, Amber Leaf, Drum, Cutters Choice etc seem to be, more or less, the standard brands that pretty much every shop has. But they're some weak-ass tobaccos. I'd say only a minority of shops in Dublin stock Samson or Holborn or Camel. But if they don't sell the tobacco I want I'll just move onto the next shop. If I'm spending €9 on a pouch of tobbacco, I'm going to make sure its the right one!

Cigarettes
    Laisurg wrote: »
    Switched to rolling tobacco about a year ago, literally half the price of normal cigarettes but i do prefer the taste of normal smokes.

This will change with time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Another plus of rollies is you can choose how much tobacco to put in. If you are in a rush you can just make a small one instead of horsing a full cigarette or throwing half it away, Once you get used to rolling the time it takes to make the cigarette becomes fairly insignificant.

Advertisement