Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 UN Ops Cyprus

This is sad news....the first time i played Airsoft down south was at HRTA and thanks to Paul we were able to do this.

Who remembers the Saturday and Sundays running around the barn with the sound of the BB's rattling off the corrugated iron walls and playing around the back where the tanker was?.

Or the time everyone came together to help Paul move HRTA to a new location and building the team bases in the field and playing up and down the lane way beside it?.

I have many good memories from HRTA and was there recently when back for a visit. dont let HRTA go...it dosent matter if you play on a different site or have never been to HRTA band together and help save the site!!!

Paul & Mel - I Know i am over here in CY but if there is anything i can do to help let me know....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Who remembers the Saturday and Sundays running around the barn with the sound of the BB's rattling off the corrugated iron walls and playing around the back where the tanker was?.

6377737147_79f7f57b7c_b_d.jpg

Liamo is in that photo somewhere .... as are Mel & Dr Pepper (I believe it was).

6377732987_a737ea5e66_b_d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Just back from Switzerland - no internet access while I was away, and I'm gutted to hear this. HRTA has been my main airsofting site now for a while - and it won't be the same without the same craic, regulars and general mischief.
    Sorry to hear this Paul. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
    Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Hi All,

Well after hours of meetings on Monday, the out come is, we are closed down for good.
    So sorry to all, I try ed, But it might not be the end as yet, As there might be a new site,
    If there is, it will be a few months down the road, and i wont know till it happens.
    Paul.

PS: If there is any sites that would like some portacabins for free, they are more than welcome to come and get them, there is no fee, as these were payed for by the players, and therefore are free to any airsoft site, to be used for the players again, thanks.
    Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

hrta wrote: »
    Hi All,

Well after hours of meetings on Monday, the out come is, we are closed down for good.
    So sorry to all, I try ed, But it might not be the end as yet, As there might be a new site,
    If there is, it will be a few months down the road, and i wont know till it happens.
    Paul.

PS: If there is any sites that would like some portacabins for free, they are more than welcome to come and get them, there is no fee, as these were payed for by the players, and therefore are free to any airsoft site, to be used for the players again, thanks.
    Paul.

That truely sucks balls Paul, they are the most useless planning dept in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ah ffs Paul , you'd think the council would be encouraging someone doing something to keep "the kids" off the roads and out of trouble.
    Appalling carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I am very sad to hear this, and am truly sorry that I procrastinated to the point of never getting up to play at the site :(

Your site was very well regarded, and will be sorely missed. But as you say, hopefully this will not be the end for you, and that there will be more developments.

Best Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

On behalf of Boards - I'm really sorry to see you go Paul and to see something like this happen to any of the Airsoft sites here in Ireland.

More importantly, on a personal note I wanted to say a huge thank you to you for all the fun we've had out there with the Midway Larp over the last 14 months. You went above and beyond to make sure we had a great game every month and I'm pretty sure I speak for all the crew when I say thank you and we'll miss the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sad day altogether..remember my first day out in HRTA and even though I haven't really been skirmishing there (or anywhere) for a while now, HRTA was always the home site. Sorry to see ya go Paul:(

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Im devastated to hear this tbh, twas my fav site to go to, and the place i started skirmishing...

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Paul, a few of our regulars played your site religiously and were loyal devoties to the extent they would play nowhere else. Genuinely sorry to hear of the closure.Hope you get the new site going soon

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Its a sad day for Irish airsoft when the first airsoft site in Ireland is being forced to shut its doors.

Paul, you know where we are if there is anything we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭FlankWiz94

This is hard to take. HRTA was my favorite site and now I don't know where to go from this. HRTA was where I started airsofting and where I got hooked from the beginning, now it's 2 years from then and I still love the place. HRTA was by no means the closest site to my mates and I but it was our home ground. It will be wierd going to other sites for the near future but I take comfort in the fact that the irish airsoft community is one of the friendliest and most helpfull communities around. Hopefully you get a new site opened up in the future paul, because I'll come running back. Great memories of the site. Hope to see all the lads back again soon enough.
    Adam.
    Oh and ps. Thanks Dave for being a genuine nutcase....... (NO EYE CONTACT) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...[EMAIL="...b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL], [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL], [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL], [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karl7477

sorry to see you guys go:mad:
    Paul should win a Nobel Peace prize not this kind
    of treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

as you know paul, i'm still a big supporter of you and the hrta and i really hope things works out in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This is a sad day for irish airsoft.
    The oldest, most well known and strongest airsoft site in ireland is gone.
    This was the only place i would ever skirmish as me and my friends wouldnt have felt the same skirmishing without the regulars from hrta.
    I won't be skirmishing anymore now that HRTA is gone and i doubt many of my friends will.
    We'll be straight back into it as soon as the new hrta opens though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

bloody heck, this is just plain crazy. Really sad to see HRTA close as its the only site i've ever played on.

Really hope that you can get a new site sorted so that when i get back from the UAE I'll have somewhere to game with all the regs

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

:( i am quite sad to see the site go, i have some great laughs and memories in this site. paul i just want to say thanks for helping me out when i needed it and being the owner of my Favorite sports ground in the COUNTRY i cant believe i am writing this write now due to the fact you have been shut down, i hope things go well with the new site and if you need help give me a shout you know were to find me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

By far my favourite site. Barring Bellurgan the only one I've played at in nearly two years and one I'd invested time and effort in decorating. In my opinion this is a shocking disgrace and I'm seriously disappointed to see it go.

I'll see if myself and Dwane can swing out to recover some of our stuff before cabins start vanishing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Paul theres nothing I can say except that the "people" in fingal planning are at a sad state in their lives if this is how they make a living "what goes around comes around" and Ill be there when you open up again.In the mean time dont let the [EMAIL="B@%$t@rd$"]B@%$t@rd$[/EMAIL] get you down and a big THANKS for every effort you,ve put in see you soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Sorry to hear about that Paul. It was the first site I went to and the site where I met most of the lads still Airsoft with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

oh FFS!

jeasus...where i started and i have been promising my 6 year old that we would go in december to see it as i knew paul is the one guy who has unlimited patience with no BS.

jeasus, here we are in a recession and they close a business. i mean seriously have we got a death wish in this country? one letter vs thousands who passed thru the place. that logic only makes sense in the public sector...ffs....

honestly paul it is a terrible shame and it speaks volumes of you that even your portacabins you consider as part of this community. i hope you can get back up and running. it would be a terrible shame if you cant.

now tomorrow i have to explain to a 6 year old why we cant go. he has talked about it every day for 2 weeks....christ not looking forward to that...

best of luck paul...and thanks for the great site and introduction. like other i remember the original site and that tanker. some hilarious times there and great memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

The great thing about HRTA is that it wasn't really a business, Paul was up for trying out experimental stuff like Ops and Midway in a way that would be hard to sell to a commercial site. It might not have drawn the big numbers on skirmish day but HRTA was an important resource for improving the game in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hi paul, sorry to see it has come to this but hopefully like a phoenix you will rise from the ashes again with HRTA 4!

Sad day.....If anyone has any old HRTA photos throw them up and lets remember the good times!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mula mc donagh

hrta name will still live on no matter what as the first in ireland and always be the one and only for some players R.I.P hrta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sad day.....If anyone has any old HRTA photos throw them up and lets remember the good times!!!

Link

have a few more from Gandalf - it's mixed set so not all HRTA, but most of it is.

Thanks for the Pics Lemming....had some great times there. remember i destroyed my new oakley boots when i slipped into the river at the back of the barn while trying to sneak up on the tank defenders.

Not sure who took this one
    n1118412460_30262573_5842.jpg

inside the Barn at HRTA 1

n1118412460_30262579_7370.jpg

HRTA 2

n1118412460_30262587_9417.jpg

Halloween party one Saturday night after a day at HRTA.....

229157_1969014861220_1118412460_32286483_4826139_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Will the bus be left there or will you be bringing it to the new HRTA?
    I hope you bring it with you but I cant imagine how you would.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement