Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

dont think newcastle will beat everton easily.

I agree but with Fellaini out,Distin,Neville and Cahill all carrying knocks coupled with Newcastles form I would be raging if they won and I didnt take the 13/10 for a 3rd place home team v a 5th bottom away team

also Hudds v walsall

Walsall missing 3 players from their loss last week including their goalkeeper Jimmy Walker,Huddersfield can beat or equal the 42 unbeaten home game record if they dont lose,I think they'll do it handy so am taking them -1 @ 11/10,last of my account 14.19 returns 29.80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Huddersfield is also 1/2 to score over 1.5 goals, pretty good and they have a great record doing it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Accum for tomorrow -
    Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Newcastle @ 6/1

RVP FGS @ 13/5

Ba Wincast @ 10/3... a couple of fivers on Ba 2 or More and a small bet on Ba hat trick @ 50/1 :P

Might have a few more goalscorers closer to KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Scottish Premiership Rangers v Dundee United
    05-11-2011 15:00
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    K Lafferty @ 2/1
    Premier League Matches Newcastle v Everton
    05-11-2011 12:45
    Anytime Goalscorer
    D Ba @ 9/5
    Premier League Matches Liverpool v Swansea
    Wincast
    L Suarez to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match @ 10/11
    Premier League Matches Arsenal v West Brom
    Anytime Goalscorer
    R Van Persie @ 8/15
    Your Bets
    Accumulator (4)
    1 line at €12.50 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €12.50
    Potential returns: €307.36

Really like this bet, 3 players are in form at the moment and I couldnt say no to Lafferty @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

inforfun wrote: »
    Hope you got on.
    At the time of your post i was munching away 250 km's of Irelands finest motorways. All the gambling i need for the weekend :D

I didn't unfortunately, was worried I might be missing something, ah well, plenty more to be had the weekend,

Yeah the roads are nuts, mind yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yardie with regards to your EPL and La Liga picks for tomorrow do most sites not having the Card Index up till tomorrow? Can only seem to find it on PP but it's a higher index, (VicChand is probably one of the only online bookies I don't have an account with :mad:), just looking to make a small bet accum out of them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Palermo (4/6) home to Bologna
    Aston Villa (5/6) home to Norwich
    Arsenal (4/9) home to West Brom
    Liverpool (4/11) home to Swansea
    Chelsea (8/15) away to Blackburn

10 pays 90 on PP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Treble of goalscorers.
    RvP/Van Wolfswinkel/ Bony

Especially Bony @2.3 is something not to be sniffed at.
    Vitesse won all of their last 3 away matches with him scoring 3 goals in 2 of those away matches. Vitesse also keeping a clean sheet in those matches.
    It will not be easy for Vitesse away to NAC but their last away matches were not easy places to go to either. Win for Vitesse is @2.5 Vitesse DNB @1.8

Yardie wrote: »

Arsenal vs West Brom

Arsenal average 8 corners per game @ home, West Brom average 5.4 corners away from home. I expect this game will be competitive with both teams applying pressure so should see plenty of corners.I really like Over 10.5 corners @ 4/5 on Vic Chandler Over 12 @ 13/8 worth considering on Coral
    Hodgson teams have a tendency to be defending very deep on the road, I don't see them applying any pressure at The Emirates, probably they will use their two banks of four defensively close to their box. So maybe Arsenal over 7.5 is a better idea in this case, and yes, I remember what we discussed recently.

Over 1.5 goals/under 3.5 goals and single teams to score over 1.5 goals - candidates for Saturday matches (time CET):

(under 3.5 - 13:30) Korona vs Belchatow (1.23)
    (over 1.5 total - 13:00) Radzionkow vs Dolcan (1.30)
    (over 1.5 total - 18:00) Piast vs Wisla Plock (1.33)
    (over 1,5 total - 20:00) Germinal Beerschot vs Mons (1.22)
    (over 1.5 total - 13:30) Ludogorets vs Lokomotiv Sofia (1.22)
    (over 1.5 Ludogorets) Lodogorets vs Lokomotiv Sofia (1.44)
    (under 3.5 - 15:00) Lucko vs Lokomotiv Zagreb (1.22)
    (over 1,5 total - 19:45) Waalwijk vs Groningen (1.19)
    (over 1.5 total - 15:00) Honved vs Pecs MFC (1.23)
    (under 3.5 - 13:00) Vointa Sibiu vs FC Brasov (1.18)
    (over 1.5 total - 15:00) Karabukspor vs Eskisehirspor (1.35)
    (over 1.5 total - 16:00) Blackpool vs Millwall (1.24)
    (Over 1.5 total - 16:00) Exeter vs Carlisle (1.23)
    (over 1.5 Huddersfield - 16:00) Huddersfield vs walsall (1.50)
    (over 1.5 total - 16:00) Dag & Red vs Shrewsbury (1.24)
    (over 1.5 total - 16:00) Gateshead vs Braintree (1.17)
    (over 1.5 total - 16:00) Workington vs Hinckley Utd (1.19)
    (under 3.5 - 17:00) Paralimni vs Etchnikos (1.20)
    (under 3.5 - 15:00) Ascoli vs Cittadella (1.28)
    (under 3.5 - 15:00) Varese vs Modena (1.22)
    (over 1.5 - 14:00) Wilhelmshaven vs TSV Havelse (1.21)
    (over 1.5 - 15:30) Helsinborg vs Kalmar (1.30)

• Advertisement

News from Italy:
    Inter Milan's match at Genoa on Sunday has been postponed due to flash floods that have killed at least six people in the area.

The decision was made between Genoa city officials and the football league, which has not yet announced a new date for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Liverpool, chelsea , arsenal , manchester city, manchester united , newcastle dnb and huddersfield all to win: pays 11.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 doubles:
    Liverpool to win by 2 or more goals
    Aston Villa DNB

Litex - Chernomorets Burgas (Bulgaria) : under 2.5
    Liverpool to win

trebles:
    Man Utd / Man City / Aston Villa

RVP / Suarez / Aguero (all anytime)

and singles:
    Demba Ba anytime

Ventspils - Skonto (Latvia) : under 2.5 @2.20
    This is a game between 2 of the top (professional) teams in Latvia. Most of Skonto's games against the top teams in Latvia (Ventspils and Liepajas Metalurgs) have been under 1.5. Even their 2 games against Wisla Krakow in the CL qualifiers ended 0-1 and 0-2 (away.) I think the odds are high coz their games against the semi-pro/amateur teams in the league often finish over 2.5. Skonto's results: http://www.windrawwin.com/teamresults.asp?t=Skonto&v=o

Chernomorets Odessa (Ukraine) @ 5.25
    small stake, the two teams seem very similar and get similar results, Chernomorets are on a good run of form, I hope it continues today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

smalls bets on liverpool/man u/arsenal to win approx 2.5/1

over 2.5 in liverpool/arsenal/man u/man city games approx 5.8/1

Will do a big single later on (single bet bet is) just studying my best option liking leeds at 11/4 (they got hammered at home on tuesday and havent won in three games) but they are not great away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Its being a while since i posted in here and had a bet but fancy one today.

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle
    Middlesbrough
    Southampton
    Huddersfield
    Charlton

Barton to be shown a card today is 2.37 with Skybet, he's gonna do his best to get in the city's attacking players and slow them down with brute force.

Also any player to be shown a red card is 3.5.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Today I have €20 on,

Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    City

I expect Arsenal, Pool, and Utd to win comfortably.

Chelsea and City are away from home, City should do it handy if keeping true to recent form.

I see Chelsea getting well stuck in after last weeks result against Arsenal, this should drive them on imo.

Good solid looking bet which totals up to 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

ft9 wrote: »
    Today I have €20 on,

Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    City

I expect Arsenal, Pool, and Utd to win comfortably.

Chelsea and City are away from home, City should do it handy if keeping true to recent form.

I see Chelsea getting well stuck in after last weeks result against Arsenal, this should drive them on imo.

Good solid looking bet which totals up to 4/1

Alot of people are backing the Big Five to deliver... THEY BETTER

I got on a tricky acca: Man City to score both halves (away at QPR who are SH*TE at home)

Arsenal to score both halves at home to WBA (Dodgy but backing RVP to help me out ;) )

Chelsea v Blackburn over 2.5 goals (Chelsea have only kept 1 clean sheet this season so far, and scored 23, Blackburn have conceded 23)

Liverpool v Swansea Liverpool HT/FT (Pessimistic about backing the 'Pool even though Swansea have the worst away record in the league leaking 14 goals and only managing 4!)

10€ on Boylesports returns 86€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

PP

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Charlton, Everton(DNB ON Everton...just a hunch)

5 pays 42

PP

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Charlton, Everton(DNB ON Everton...just a hunch)

5 pays 42

Just a hunch!

your putting me off Newcastle DNB!

Everton are without Cahill, Fellaini, Neville and Distan, Newcastle can temporarily go 2nd today if they continue the run they're on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Leighton Baines to score first at 22.00
    stake €10 pays €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I also backed Everton DnB in afew accumalators, their due a win and the Geordies are due a defeat, although looking at the team sheet doesnt fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I've €50 on Newcastle aswell, forgot about that one, hopefully I'm not too late jumping on the Newcastle banmdwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Sheffield Wed @ 4/5....Wednesday have won all there home games this season scoring 18 goals in seven matches. Brentford do have a good away record with four victories and two draws on the road, but all those sides are under Brentford in the league. Brentford lost to Sheffield UTD in Sheffield already this season and this could be L2 at Sheffield this season.

Leyton Orient V Hartlepool...Over 2.5 @ 4/5..All of Hartlepool's away games have been over 2.5, even four have been over 3.5 and Hartlepool have not kept a clean sheet in any of there away games and only failed to score in one. Five of the eight Orients home games have gone over 2.5 goals and Orient have only kept one clean sheet and only failed to score once at home this season.

Blackpool V Millwall.

Both side's are banging in the goals lately, after thrashing Leeds 5-0 last week, Blackpool take on Millwall who are also knocking them in, Ten goals in the last three, I'm going to go over 2.5 @ 8/11. I also think Millwall are over priced at 13/5, they are playing well and scoring goals. I think there 0-3 victory over Leicester is a lot better than Blackpool's five nil victory over Leeds. Sure Leeds had only ten men and my local club side would score twice against Leeds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Rotherham v Aldershot

Over 3.5 goals Max bet @ 2/1
    Over 4.5 goals 3 units @ 11/2
    Over 5.5 goals 1.5 units @ 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Goin with this today. Need 2 in the Newc game for starters not to spoil the day early. Putting €5 on 3-1 Newcastle at 18/1

Newcastle v Everton
    Total Goals U/O 1.5 Over 1.5 1/3
    Charlton v Preston
    Total Goals U/O 1.5 Over 1.5 1/6
    Peterborough v Derby
    Q.P.R. v Man City
    Coventry v Southampton
    Total Goals U/O 1.5 Over 1.5 3/10
    Stevenage v Sheffield Utd
    Total Goals U/O 1.5 Over 1.5 1/4
    Man United v Sunderland
    Total stake €100.00
    Estimated return €401.40
    Full stake €100.00
    Full Estimated return €401.40

The more i look at it the more i like ft9's bet on
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    City

so im going €100 on this also pp 4/1. Boyles only giving me €432 for my €100, strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Newcastle single €50, hopefully get the weekend off to a flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

newcastle v everton game
    under 2.5 at 1.75
    stake €37 pays €27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie with regards to your EPL and La Liga picks for tomorrow do most sites not having the Card Index up till tomorrow? Can only seem to find it on PP but it's a higher index, (VicChand is probably one of the only online bookies I don't have an account with :mad:), just looking to make a small bet accum out of them.:D

All the bookies have their odds up now.

Man City/QPR: Over 46 points at 11/8 on stanjames is the pick of the bunch. PP are offering a very tasty 2/1 for 55 points or more alternative card index. Over 6 cards at 3/1 on Wiiliam Hill may be worth a nibble too.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/qpr-v-manchester-city/total-booking-points

Levante/Valenica: Over 6.5 cards with bet 365 @ 4/5 or over 65 points @ 5/6 with VicChan look the best. 90 points or more @ 2/1 on paddypower worth a look in case ref loses run of himself. As pointed out by Stinger the ref is Carlos del Cerro Grande. This will only be his 5th La liga game to date and his biggest match yet as all his other experience comes from Segunda Division. He is not shy a card and on quite a few occasions showed 9/10 cards and even had a run of 4 games in April in which he gave out 5 reds so I have high hopes for the lad tonight!!!
    http://www.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-del-cerro-grande/60816/

So much on elsewhere today. Gonna do an over 1.5 acca, Van Persie anytime @ 9/10 and the van Persie hattrick @ 19/1 on unibet, over 2.5 treb of Dortmund, Freiburg, Koln games. over 11 corners treble in Bristol City/Hull/Coventry games. Off to Germany next weekend so need another bumper pay day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Barton to be shown a card today is 2.37 with Skybet, he's gonna do his best to get in the city's attacking players and slow them down with brute force.

Also any player to be shown a red card is 3.5.

Thoughts?

I would'nt put you off either but 5/2 is a bit skinny for a red card l just checked PP and they have it at 7/2.

I will go for the 50pts or more myself but lm gona check the 3pm kick offs to seif there was many yellows as last week the refs were very lenient.

heres the ref in charge of the QPR game
    http://www.soccerway.com/referees/martin-atkinson/44515/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement