Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is that because your Italian tipster went for under 2.5 goals? :P
    Nope, didn't spot his bets before yours. Probably because Inter didn't have Sneijder in starting line up and I thought they will struggle going forward.

Yardie wrote: »

Both teams to score in Espanyol/Bilbao game is worth a look at evens. Came in in 7/10 Espanyol's games last year.
    Thanks for this one, pays back after Valladolid disaster. Just like I said before that game - I will be reluctant to back away teams with over 1.5 or 2.5 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

stingerro wrote: »
    Nope, didn't spot his bets before yours. Probably because Inter didn't have Sneijder in starting line up and I thought they will struggle going forward.
    Milito is all you need, and when I saw Forlan I knew they had potential for goals. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Thanks for this one, pays back after Valladolid disaster. Just like I said before that game - I will be reluctant to back away teams with over 1.5 or 2.5 goals.

Cheers man. Hope ye got a bit back on that one.

Just read a review on Spanish site of Vallo game and they hammered Girona in first half and couldve had 2/3 in first 30 mins but once they got goal they took foot off the gas and made no effort in the second half. As you say you have to be careful backing teams away from home to get the goals whereas in front of their home fans they would've wanted to kick on..

Cheers man. Hope ye got a bit back on that one.

Just read a review on Spanish site of Vallo game and they hammered Girona in first half and couldve had 2/3 in first 30 mins but once they got goal they took foot off the gas and made no effort in the second half. As you say you have to be careful backing teams away from home to get the goals whereas in front of their home fans they would've wanted to kick on..
    Yeah, too bad you learn on your mistakes. Unless I will know that teams have a "killer instinct" on their level allowing them to keep attacking on the road against poorer teams (United and Real comes to mind), I will be avoiding away teams in this kind of tips.

• Advertisement

Yeah, too bad you learn on your mistakes. Unless I will know that teams have a "killer instinct" on their level allowing them to keep attacking on the road against poorer teams (United and Real comes to mind), I will be avoiding away teams in this kind of tips.

Exactly. Season is still young too so form at the moment can be misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

Any tips for tomorrow guys? Im thinking over 2.5 goals in Ucd - Galway and Sligo - Bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

AH92 wrote: »
    Any tips for tomorrow guys? Im thinking over 2.5 goals in Ucd - Galway and Sligo - Bray!

Sligo -1, Derry -1, Helskiki -1, Inter Turka @ 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sligo -1, Derry -1, Helskiki -1, Inter Turka @ 6/1

Derry -1, Sligo -1, Helsinki -1, Inter Turka, Elfsborg, Atvidabergs @ 13/1, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

United play Benfica in the Champions League Wednesday and are currently priced @ 10/11. Looks a serious price for such an in form team. Scoring 13 goals in their last two games the prices on the handicaps look very appealing also . -1 is 5/2 and -2 is 13/2 both which look very appealing and definetly within United's limits I think. Benfica are no great shakes so will be having a bit on these for interest and hopefully profit.

• Advertisement

Didn't check it yet, but creator of this software has pretty good results (http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=59725) making tips based on data collected. Probably something similar to SST - http://www.cgmbet.com/en/ Faworyci piłkarscy:

Edit: Awaiting a licence code to have all options available (sending e-mail is needed), but it looks very useful.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not a fan of accums as those who know me will testify to! :)
    But.. quite like the look of Helsinki, Derry, Sligo, Malaga and Academica @ 4/1

First 3 teams there is not much to say.

Malaga will be looking to bounce back from their poor performance, namely in the final third v Sevilla on Matchday 1. Probably was asking much to take a near entirely team to last season to Seville and get a win. They looked decent however. But lacked that final ball and the chances that did come their way were poorly taken. It's a shame Baptista is still injured as he adds a lot to the team, those who saw my bets in the 2nd half of the season know how much fortune he brought me through Wincast and Insurebets. 11 starts and 9 goals!
    I don't watch much Portuguese footy outside of Porto and Benfica, more so Porto if anything. But Académica are surely the pick of the footy tonight value wise... unless I'm missing something with their game! Will look for previews later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Academica
    FC Zwolle
    Newcastle

15/1

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Empoli v Sampdoria Over 2.5 Goals at 5/4

5 of the 6 games they have played this season have seen overs

Empoli last 3 results have been 2-1, 2-3 and 1-2
    Sampdoria have been 2-2, 0-0 and 6-0

5/4 seems like too good a price to turn down for this one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

For those who are looking at Zwolle:

Only won once at Helmond in the last 5 year.

And oh... link is in Dutch but figures speak for themselves.
    Anything not clear, let me know.

I don't watch much Portuguese footy outside of Porto and Benfica, more so Porto if anything. But Académica are surely the pick of the footy tonight value wise... unless I'm missing something with their game! Will look for previews later.
    Just to add some informations, pick by OlhOrebOque Top tipster from Portuguse on BettingAdvice:
    Academica vs Nacional

Pick : Draw

Odds : 3.18 @Pinnacle

Still mad how i lost my pick in Beira Mar game today but the goal was absolutely fabulous and it will be a serious candidate to goal of the season : remarkable kick of argentinian defender Shaffer (on loan from Benfica) from way outside the area. Now a round wihtout draws seems to be way out of thought so i believe even more that this one will be saviour of draw's honour!!!

Now more seriously, this was from the beginning one of my most probable draws along with Beira Mar and Marítimo. In the last 9 games played by these two in Coimbra the draw happened 4 times, Academica won 3 and Nacional 2.

Nacional is usually a team that aims to the Top 5 or Top 6 but positions seem to be inverted in this (silly) beginning of season: Academica with a great start conquering two wins in a row only stopped by an in form Gil Vicente. Nacional first drawed in Aveiro against Feirense and then lost with Benfica and Vitória SC, this last by expressive numbers.

Nacional is prohibited to drop points and i see them starting the natural climb on this game, despite the value of home team. Coach Ivo Vieira is considering a strategy with 3 central defenders (which means he respects Academica a lot) so i see few or no goals on this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Another return bet from my scorer double last night:o Gonna punt for Taarabt Insurebet tonight against Newcastle @ 6/1. Hes due a goal and hel still be the main scorer for QPR this year I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Another return bet from my scorer double last night:o Gonna punt for Taarabt Insurebet tonight against Newcastle @ 6/1. Hes due a goal and hel still be the main scorer for QPR this year I reckon..

Surely Barton against Newcastle would be the obvious choice tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Surely Barton against Newcastle would be the obvious choice tonight!

Just seen hes 6/1 to score anytime. Will be having some of that too:pac: But Taarabt is definitely due one though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Singles for today. Over 2.5 8/11 in Sparta Prague match Atvitaberg -1 5/6 thats me for the day i think still a bit :mad: at Aalborg and even more at PSG. Handicaps for PSG going in the bin for awhile i'll be looking at +'s for their opponents should be some value their.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Just seen hes 6/1 to score anytime. Will be having some of that too:pac: But Taarabt is definitely due one though..

Yeah, I presume Taarabt is QPR's designated penalty taker also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Looking ahead to Champions League to some tempting offers on PP.

Bayern away to Villarreal @ 5/4
    United away to Benfica @ 10/11
    Inter -1 at home to Trabzonspor @ evens (Also evens for HT/FT)
    Basel at home to Otelul Galati @ 8/13

Barcelona HT/FT home to AC Milan @ 5/6
    Man City HT/FT home to Napoli @ evens
    Real Madrid HT/FT away to Dinamo Zagreb @ 4/6

If you're mad enough to go for one big accum on that, you'll get 83.8/1.

I might stick €2 on it for fun, but I'll definitely be looking into these games for maybe a few bigger doubles or singles.

Also; unsure how Bayer Leverkusen are doing these days, so decided to opt out of their game against Chelsea (for the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Just did 2 pp specials in-shop

All teams to score in tonights irish league games @ 28/1
    Barton to be booked first @ 9/1

€5 each

I was hoping to get good odds on there being a red card in the QPR/NewC game, but it's only 3/1 on PP, so I'm guessing they're thinking similarly to me.

Although Barton to see red @ 22/1 seems like an interesting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

carlcon wrote: »
    Looking ahead to Champions League to some tempting offers on PP.

Bayern away to Villarreal @ 5/4
    United away to Benfica @ 10/11
    Inter -1 at home to Trabzonspor @ evens (Also evens for HT/FT)
    Basel at home to Otelul Galati @ 8/13

Barcelona HT/FT home to AC Milan @ 5/6
    Man City HT/FT home to Napoli @ evens
    Real Madrid HT/FT away to Dinamo Zagreb @ 4/6

If you're mad enough to go for one big accum on that, you'll get 83.8/1.

I might stick €2 on it for fun, but I'll definitely be looking into these games for maybe a few bigger doubles or singles.

Also; unsure how Bayer Leverkusen are doing these days, so decided to opt out of their game against Chelsea (for the moment).

Bayern away to Villareal is the real dodgy one that stands out there. I'd stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

HJK Helsinki -2 last night was 7/4 now cut into 21/20 :mad:

Barton to be shown a card @ 13/8 on betfair looks a great bet. He was 2/1 on skybet yesterday but in to 5/6 there now. One thing guaranteed tonight is that any action, Barton will be in the middle of. He is 22/1 to be sent off on pp whcih could be worth a couple of euro. The 6/1 ATGS has to be taken on too. Debut against former club rule!

Also worth looking at to be booked are Tiote and Cabaye @ 11/8 and 9/4 respectively. Phil Dowd is the ref 6,3,8,7 are his card counts in 4 games this season.

Hard to call the corners but with QPR signing new wingers in SWP and Puncheon, and Newcastle likely to start with Gutierez and Marveaux on the wings it could be very high corner count. Over 10.5 corners @ 11/10 worth a small punt.

Given all this and that it is a televised game, it should be a very lively game.

Barton to be shown a card @ 13/8 on betfair looks a great bet. He was 2/1 on skybet yesterday but in to 5/6 there now. One thing guaranteed tonight is that any action, Barton will be in the middle of. He is 22/1 to be sent off on pp whcih could be worth a couple of euro. The 6/1 ATGS has to be taken on too. Debut against former club rule!

Also worth looking at to be booked are Tiote and Cabaye @ 11/8 and 9/4 respectively. Phil Dowd is the ref 6,3,8,7 are his card counts in 4 games this season.

Hard to call the corners but with QPR signing new wingers in SWP and Puncheon, and Newcastle likely to start with Gutierez and Marveaux on the wings it could be very high corner count. Over 10.5 corners @ 11/10 worth a small punt.

Given all this and that it is a televised game, it should be a very lively game.

I just took 9/2 on PP for 12+ corners and 55 card index (10 for Y. 25 for R) based on that winger analysis. Good points, plus I already expected some heat in this game. Got on Barton sent off @ 22/1 just before that too.

I want odds on Barton getting a yellow, a red, and a goal. :pac:

I imagine that would attract a lot of punters if someone offered it.

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    I just took 9/2 on PP for 12+ corners and 55 card index (10 for Y. 25 for R) based on that winger analysis. Good points, plus I already expected some heat in this game. Got on Barton sent off @ 22/1 just before that too.

9/2 are decent odds for the card/corner double as if it is to be a feisty one then both are likely to come in. Wouldnt stake much on it though

55 card index is quite high. 5 cards would be my prediction for this game-2 for QPR, 3 for Newcastle. But if a red comes in then it will come in easily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement