Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Urgh. What a bad last few days footy betting has been. Barca cost me a good few bets :rolleyes:

Last roll of the dice for today -
    Soldado and Ronaldo Insurebet @ nearer 6/1

Think only bets I'll go for is Inter and 0-0 in early KO between the Real Betis game@ 8/1. Someone here mentioned it the other day but the majority of if not all of the early KO's in La Liga on Sundays have been 0-0 or certainly unders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yardie wrote: »
    they do. but not great odds..William hill, Skybet, betfair for best goalscorer prices in this

Can't find them on the mobile site.

Edit: found them in play alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Think only bets I'll go for is Inter and 0-0 in early KO between the Real Betis game@ 8/1. Someone here mentioned it the other day but the majority of if not all of the early KO's in La Liga on Sundays have been 0-0 or certainly unders.
    It was me - two games played last and this season (probably first two ever) and twice 0:0. Worth looking for a continuation.

clearodara wrote: »
    Just one big bet this weekened for me, here's hoping:
    rolleyes.gif
    Brighton mad.gif

Benfica is already leading 2:0, would be a really, really nice accumulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

user2011 wrote: »
    everton/villa f**kers... 3/5 not bad Derby still to go

Derby lost 2-0. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Come On Ronaldo 1 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Some accums. I've made for today:

1: Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, West Ham, over 2.5 in the Real Madrid game @3.38

2: Llanelli, Bala Town or draw, Chernomorets (Bulgaria), Aktobe or draw, Lucerne or draw (Switzerland) @4.40

3: Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea, over 2.5 Real Madrid-Getafe, Man City, Rooney anytime, Aktobe-Astana=draw @15.37

4: Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Arsenal, Man City to score over 1.5, Llanelli, Chelsea @5.93

5: CSKA Moscow, Zenith, Rangers, Celtic, Man City, Dacia, Zimbru (last 2 = Moldovan league) @19.56

Picks 1 and 2 won :) If it wasn't for the Barcelona screw up pick 3 would have won too :(

Really disappointed by Standard Liege winning only 1:0 :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Peterborough and Leeds games to have overs 2.5 goals at just under 2/1 double

Livingston 5/4 to beat Falkirk.

Thats it for me today

Bad day and after the Russia result during week back on loss for season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anzhi Makhachkala v Fk Volga Nischni Novgorod

iv requested odds for Eto'o insurebet 1st goal scorer

• Advertisement

Last roll of the dice for today -
    Soldado and Ronaldo Insurebet @ nearer 6/1

Soldado is on fire too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

I Will post a european treble 2morow for everyone. Today was my first bet to go down. Stick with my tips and u will enjoy huge profits this season. Enjoy ur winnings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

torres9kop wrote: »
    I Will post a european treble 2morow for everyone. Today was my first bet to go down. Stick with my tips and u will enjoy huge profits this season. Enjoy ur winnings :)

Tips: 1
    Losses: 1

What profit?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Today I like Stanford to beat the -20.5 spread against an average Duke team. Obviously a big deficit to overcome, but they have the best QB in the country.

Good stuff again, I hope you were on stingerro :)

TCU also overcame the -1 spread (they were +1 this morning :eek:). I wanted to lump on but didn't have enough in my account to make it worthwhile.

Although I do know Headshot will have profited from TCU's win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Is there any proof of this 'profit' you've been making?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

TCU also overcame the -1 spread (they were +1 this morning :eek:). I wanted to lump on but didn't have enough in my account to make it worthwhile.

Although I do know Headshot will have profited from TCU's win :P
    cheers 4 that tcu tip- i doubled wit the other overs tip. sweet!:D

fat tony9 wrote: »
    cheers 4 that tcu tip- i doubled wit the other overs tip. sweet!:D
    Good work. Some more games tonight but I'm unsure betting wise, could go either way in the Notre Dame/Michigan game. With home field advantage against a team lacking a consistent QB, Michigan might scrape it and thus win the +4.5 spread.

Some great potential for profit in the NFL games tomorrow, namely Pittsburgh with a +1 spread and NE Patriots -6.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

parma double chance later is 7/5. not bad playing against that excuse of a club juventus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

seanhynes wrote: »
    parma double chance later is 7/5. not bad playing against that excuse of a club juventus

I would love to put boot into Juve but would be too sick if Juve had comfortable win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

My picks for today

Norwich/WestBrom Under2.5 cards @ 2.05 - Halsey in charge
    Fulham/ Blackburn Over2.5 goals @ 1/1
    Valladolid Over1.5 @ 11/8
    St Pauli/ 1860 Goal (both teams to score) @ 4/7
    Union Berlin Over1.5 @ 10/11
    Herenveen/Groningen Goal (both teams to score) @ 4/11

40/1 €5 on..Also 4 folds of above six

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Only doing 1 small bet today after the Spanish scum ruined my day yesterday

Juventus v Parma - under 2.5 goals @ 10/11
    Norwich v West Brom - over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
    Fulham to win @ 3/4
    Comes in at 5.1/1

Also following the Vallodolid over 1.5 goal bet too

Anyone got any opinions on the next Prem Manager to go - hot rumours today the if Blackburn loose today Kean is gone - its got to be between him and Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

if you do accums you have no hope of making profit long term.

FACT

Yes, I was. I skipped TCU because of El Horseboxo doubts and I missed Wisconsin train, but I had a double of Alabama and California which paid off. In general I am double checking NFL/NCAAF tipsd I can found here with GoonersGuide's and then decide what to do with that. Anything for today? Also, we should probably create a "American Football" or "US Sports" thread before ADE will ban us :cool:.

Coming back to Football - not yet done, but I plan to bet under 1 goal for HT and under 2 goals for FT in Betis - Mallorca match.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

if you do accums you have no hope of making profit long term.

FACT
    i toatlly agree. i used to a lot but saw the light. now its all banker or experimental doubles or massive singles..... that said it still tough to turn a profit- esp wit liverpool, bayern an juve about!;) thank god 4 the sheriffs an pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've made a couple accums for today. I only have a small stake on each though.

Fulham - Blackburn : Fulham
    Norwich - WBA : Norwich DNB
    PSG - Brest : Gameiro anytime
    Spartak Nalchik - Rostov : Rostov or draw
    @9.41

Anzhi Makhachkala - Volga : Anzhi
    Neath - Carmarthen Town : Neath
    Sumqayit - Qarabag (Azerbaijan) : Qarabag
    Ludogorest - Slavia Sofia (Bulgaria) : Ludogorest
    Lausanne - Young Boys (Switzerland) : Young Boys
    @5.45

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1 Over 1.5 Heerenveen v FC Groningen
    (First Half Goals) 11/09/2011 None 2.00 To Run
    2 Both Teams Palermo v Inter Milan
    (Teams to Score) 11/09/2011 None 1.66 To Run
    3 Both Teams Wolfsburg v Schalke
    (Teams to Score) 11/09/2011 None 1.57 To Run
    4 Both Teams St Pauli v 1860 Munich
    (Teams to Score) 11/09/2011 None 1.57 To Run

Gone for these singles. PSG -1, Aalborg, Panatinaikos -1 and Cheivo fingers crossed :cool: also looking forward to torres banker:P

I've been going back and forth with this ended up going for it. Catania v Siena soccerway shows they've played 10 times. 8 of those BTTS came in (BP 11/10 Lads/WHill) and 7 of them have ended in a draw (BP 9/4 PP/Coral) on both fingers crossed

Yardie wrote: »
    My picks for today
    Norwich/WestBrom Under2.5 cards @ 2.05 - Halsey in charge
    Valladolid Over1.5 @ 11/8
    Union Berlin Over1.5 @ 10/11
    Will tail you on Norwich/WBA and Union, not sure about Valladolid - yesterday Brighton kind of kill my spirit when backing teams over 1.5 goals when playing away.

Also - am I blind, or there is indeed no market for Macedonia League on bet365?

• Advertisement

Tried to keep my head in regards to this but people won't listen.
    If people cannot keep the football betting thread to *drum roll* football only talk , infractions will be given out without any hesitation. Tbf, some people are taking the piss at this stage and I'd be inclined to give them a holiday from this place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement