Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus Christ was a magic mushroom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

With my amendment its still a resounding "yes"

So with a bit of know-how and some video editing skills I can make my own video with my own agenda and suddenly it will be more credible than externally regulated independent news because its "alternative"?

That people will believe my media because all "other" media is a lie?

Sounds too good to be true.

This is awesome.. I am gonna make my first feature! called "No men in a smokey room" - basically about the fact that there's no "New World Order".. and I'll interv-.. what? it has to be something they already believe?

I'm confused

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

why do people fell the need to put a spiritual context on drug taking in some cases, ie LSD DMT opens your mind etc? You take drugs, your mind is altered for a short while, you return to normal , thats all there is to it. Why can't they enjoy it for what it is and leave it at that.

If anyone is truly interested this is a good book but without the pseudo-intellectual hippy bull.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pihkal-Chemical-Story-Alexander-Shulgin/dp/0963009605/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314276043&sr=1-1

Note: I havn't read it in years so I might have shot myself in the foot with the hippy comment, but from memory the book goes I took this at this conc and this is what I felt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

jh79 wrote: »

Note: I havn't read it in years so I might have shot myself in the foot with the hippy comment, but from memory the book goes I took this at this conc and this is what I felt

There is a chapter where the wife takes something, in Europe iirc, and has some sort of one-consciousness experience, but generally the book doesn't stray into spiritual territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

Human beings have the mental capacity to think that there maybe something more to life but we dont have the mental capacity to actually work out what it is, its our eternal curse. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Anyone taken DMT or would if given the chance?

Enter the Void is a great film about DMT abuse, hard to watch, trys to recreate a DMT trip

*Cough*

I'd love to give it a go, PM Me if you can assist in Ticking it off my list of Substances Tried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

It's also on my to-do list.

I've been searching in vain for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

*Cough*

I'd love to give it a go, PM Me if you can assist in Ticking it off my list of Substances Tried

Sorry can't help , was just curious if anyone knows whats it feels like with out the description containing the words "man" or "dude". Prob the same as LSD just a bit over hyped because its rare.

Surprised its rare it looks easy to make.

Some think Alien abductions are just dreams caused by natural DMT in the brain makes sense seeing as abduction stories change with popular culture, before aliens we had demon encounters

Maybe alien abductions and "moonshine" are intrinsically linked, it always seems to be backwater hillbillies that get abducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, please don't ask for, offer or recommend drugs here. I don't want anyone getting into sh*t because of this thread.

Dont you mean "getting some s*it"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

why do people fell the need to put a spiritual context on drug taking in some cases, ie LSD DMT opens your mind etc? You take drugs, your mind is altered for a short while, you return to normal , thats all there is to it. Why can't they enjoy it for what it is and leave it at that.

Think it depends on the experience that you have. I havent done acid in years the last time I went trippin though I had a bit of a spiritual experience as in an actual spirit:). We dropped the acid and was taking ages to come up on them we thought they were duds or something so took another one and about an hour later boom came up on the two of them at the same time and I was wasted. Now maybe it was because I had taken a couple but anyways was sitting on the couch goofed out of it and all of a sudden it was as if there was another me sitting beside me :D but I was that other me looking at the real me if that makes sense was fcking well heavy was like that for hours and hours:D your brain is trying to make sense of it all and you just cant so just went with the flow and enjoyed the bizzareness of it all. Those things are crazy though I wouldnt do them again only so many times you can get away with melting your brain like that before it goes to sh1te look at poor auld Syd Barrett case in point. That was a kind of out of body/spiritual experience I know my mind was altered and thats why I experienced it but people that talk about their mind being opened or a spiritual exp trippin I reckon they experienced something like I did could be wrong but thats what happened me last time:)

Dropped some acid on an Ethiad flight once, The inflight entertainment system mucked up and I ended up listenin to some bloke chantin the Koran on the headset whilst trippin balls:D:D:D

allegedley Syd Barret was puttin Acid on His cornflakes for Breakfast.

on the other hand tho, he did write some Excellent tunes.

Dropped some acid on an Ethiad flight once, The inflight entertainment system mucked up and I ended up listenin to some bloke chantin the Koran on the headset whilst trippin balls:D:D:D

:D how long did you listen to that guy chantin for was that not a little spooky?:D:D
    allegedley Syd Barret was puttin Acid on His cornflakes for Breakfast.

on the other hand tho, he did write some Excellent tunes.

Excellent choice of tunes there, my two fav Syd tunes. The best biography written about Syd is called Crazy Diamond I have it and he did way too much acid, its an amazing read but tragically sad at the same time. He was such a bright, good natured interesting and talented guy but if you take too much of that stuff your brain will eventually go to mush and thats what happened auld Syd. This is fav Syd interview him and Roger in 1967 the interviewer is a d1ck mind you but he has his sh1t totally together here and you just know by him that he was a really intelligent guy. The brightest always burn the fastest:)

Talking of Syd thought Id include this:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Pink Floyd? Uurgh! LSD? Uuuurgh! Horrible muck.

Lads please please stop posting that awful hippy ****e.:D

ed2hands wrote: »
    Lads please please stop posting that awful hippy ****e.:D

Nothing awful about this Ed :D:D

sexy-hippie-girl-dress.jpg

WakeUp wrote: »
    Nothing awful about this Ed :D:D

sexy-hippie-girl-dress.jpg

:D Well when you put it like that..

If that lovely lady approached me, i would say:

"Hey baby, wha dya say we go back to my place, double drop microdots, listen to some Hawkwind and behave like wild animals"

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Pink Floyd? Uurgh!

GET.
    OUT.

GET.
    OUT.

:)Oh dear. You also like Pink Floyd.

Taxi for Hooradiation... :pac:

Was just joking actually. Love the Floyd myself but much prefer their 70's stuff; Animals being my fave. Am also a huge King Crimson fan so i suppose that makes me quite the hypocrite when accusing people of hippyness. ;)
    (shhh don't tell anyone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Was just joking actually. Love the Floyd myself but much prefer their 70's stuff; Animals being my fave. Am also a huge King Crimson fan so i suppose that makes me quite the hypocrite when accusing people of hippyness. ;)
    (shhh don't tell anyone)

Your secret is safe with me, nobody reads the reports I file for the NWO anyway....

• Advertisement

Actually onthe topic of listenin to some mentaler chantin the Koran whilst trippin on Acid,the main thingI remember was thinkin I'd much ather some Gregorian chants

and of course stickin off Topic

Music is a fundamental part of most religions, its a powerful forceand there are theories that it radically alters how our brain functions in ways sometimes similar to narcotics.

I suppose thats why most of the realy old tunes all have a religious resonances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

To bring the thread back on topic a bit...
    Emiko wrote: »
    This is a theory Philip K Dick touched upon in one of his Gnostic novels 'The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

Here is Mckenna recommending the book;

The reason he does this is because it presents the same information but in a novel form. 'The Sacred Mushroom & the Cross' is not so easy reading...

Advertisement