Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus Christ was a magic mushroom

Options
  • 23-08-2011 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

Where did God come from? What do the Bible stories really tell us? Who or what was Jesus Christ?
    "The concerted and biased attempts to destroy Allegro's discoveries have failed. The confirmatory evidence is mounting in his favor. The critics can now raise their voices again. Let us hope that they do, since the matter is not settled, but they should be advised to do so with more careful consideration. This book that many have prized in secret is now available again. It demands the serious consideration of theologians, mythologists, and students of religion. No account of the history of the Church, both West and East, can afford to leave the poor despicable fungus unconsidered, nor the role that entheogens in general have played in the evolution of European civilization."

Repeat after me: "Amen"

What began as a hoax, became a trap even to those who believed themselves to be the spiritual heirs of the mystery religion and took to themselves the name of “Christian”. Above all they forgot, or purged from the cult and their memories, the one supreme secret on which their whole religious and ecstatic experience depended: the names and identity of the source of the drug, the key to heaven — the sacred mushroom. The fungus recognized today as the Amanita muscaria..

For more info, read here-http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2008/09/jesus-christ-magic-mushroom-part-1.html

This is surely the father, the son and the holy ghost of all conspiracy/mystery. Please, feel free to discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

This is a theory Philip K Dick touched upon in one of his Gnostic novels 'The Transmigration of Timothy Archer', only, if memory serves me correctly, the magic mushroom, the anokhi, was the eucharist, the consumption of which would bestow Christhood on the recipient, which would certainly liven up Sunday mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

Correct. And this eucharist was reserved soley for the initiated, the high priests. For the rest it's :"Lord, I am not worthy to recieve you but only say the word and I shall be healed". It's a topic which explains a whole lot if you as me!
    Emiko wrote: »
    would certainly liven up Sunday mass.

Ha that's the truth. I've heard of that book through Mckenna, will grab it now cheers...
    There is more going on than mere theory here. This is an ancient practice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

Obelisk wrote: »

I've heard of that book through Mckenna, will grab it now cheers...

There is an lot more than just theory here. This is an ancient practice :)

I think it was McKenna who said, in 'The Food of the Gods', that when we moved from hunter-gatherer societies, (a lot of which consisted of mushroom cults, with their inherent chaos and multiple orgies etc.) to an agriculture based societies, order was required, and so alcohol became the new drug of choice (and a new, stricter, patriarchal society was the result).

Emiko wrote: »
    I think it was McKenna who said, in 'The Food of the Gods', that when we moved from hunter-gatherer societies, (a lot of which consisted of mushroom cults, with their inherent chaos and multiple orgies etc.) to an agriculture based societies, order was required, and so alcohol became the new drug of choice (and a new, stricter, patriarchal society was the result).

It's the truth.

Alchohol is a very mind numbing damaging substance, and serves TPTB very well. Some of these plants-teachers on the other hand, quite the opposite! Many others have said similar things about alchohol. Even in relation to weed (cannabis). Everyone knows that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I find this one interesting as i used to be very religious and was pretty much forced to read the bible.
    Is there a full length documentary about John Allegro and his theories?
    I would like to see the rest of that interview and more!
    The mushrooms as manna theory always made sense to me,since i left religion behind.
    And i would add George Carlin is spot on about mind altering drugs.
    It does alter your mind,i would say its a good thing.
    I didnt really understand alot of things about myself until i started using certain natural herbs for example.

But can you imagine a church full of people on shrooms?
    Everyone would be in tears laughing and giggling.

Now thats what i call spiritual food!

• Advertisement

Torakx wrote: »
    I find this one interesting as i used to be very religious and was pretty much forced to read the bible.
    Is there a full length documentary about John Allegro and his theories?
    The mushrooms as manna theory always made sense to me,since i left religion behind.

Cheers. As far as I know there is no full documentary on Allegro himself, although I have seen a lot that he comes up in. This is the longest clip soley of him I have found, an interview;

Gnostic Media is happy to present this exclusive video of John Marco Allegro in an interview with Van Kooten & De Bie. Recorded for and broadcast on Dutch TV in December 1976, this is the only available video of Allegro -- the Dead Sea Scrolls scholar and author of 13 books, including The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.
    Two other videos exist in the archives of the BBC/CBS, though repeated attempts to acquire them have failed.

Here is his wiki also- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Allegro

I've made it my business to learn a lot about this stuff, the 'manna from heaven' is the mushroom there is no doubt about that in my mind. I'l root out a few bits, here is a good exerpt that you might find helpful in the meantime;

Did the ancient mysteries use psychedelics as a part of their initiations?
    For the first time on camera, Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy discuss the possibility of psychedelics as a role in mystery school initiations and even Christianity.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

heaven
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You guys know George Carlin was an atheist right?

heaven

For your learning pleasure;

King Mob wrote: »
    You guys know George Carlin was an atheist right?

Yeah we do. Save it for a religious forum, your statement bears no relevance here. (surprisingly)

Yeah we do. Save it for a religious forum, your statement bears no relevance here. (surprisingly)
    So then why are you using a statement from him to support your notion that God is communicating via drugs?

• Advertisement

So then why are you using a statement from him to support your notion that God is communicating via drugs?

That's your notion.

That's your notion.
    So what is your notion then?
    And how does a vocal atheist's comments actually support it?

So what is your notion then?

Mind your own business.

Mind your own business.
    Truly adding to the discussion....

But hey, I guess some questions are a little too tough and might get you to think critically about the nonsense you find on the internet...

Torakx wrote: »

If it's mainly the Christianity aspect you are interested in learning about, I highly recommend this lecture here as a good overview on the subject;

This video goes into details examining the esoteric origins of religion, specifically, christianity and it's hidden roots in shamanism and occult 'drug' use.

Christmas, Easter, Flying Reindeer et all are broken down here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Truly adding to the discussion....

But hey, I guess some questions are a little too tough and might get you to think critically about the nonsense you find on the internet...

The pot and the kettle.
    You added nothing, only a smart comment.
    So who's worse in this situation?

nullzero wrote: »
    You added nothing, only a smart comment.
    The point of the thread was the supposed connection between psychedelics and God.
    One of the people in a video supposedly supporting the notion does not believe in God.

I suppose it's "nothing"as long as people are fine with misrepresenting what he believed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I think you have missed the point, did you even watch the 48 Second video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Yea interesting subject indeed.

The relationship between psychadelic drugs and religious experiences is well known. It does bear thinking about then that the whole gig (organised religion)
    was conceived with the help of a few mouthfuls of fly agaric or whatever.

But to concentrate on the conspiracy end of it, there's no doubt that organised christianity for instance has been subverted and used as a tool for control and power.

Liked that vid in the OP Obelisk. Trippy.
    Just had a flashback:pac:

I suppose the theory goes that Some Shaman/Druid/Priest/Stoner Had the initial epiphinay about God/Gaya/Zeus/Odin/whatever, and in his stoned haze came up with some nice parables to convince everyone that we should just all be friends.

this notion catches on and they realise that this Religion lark could be a good way of Uniting the people under a common mythology, tis also handy for explainin stuff that confuddled them at the time like Where do we come from and What happens when we Die

Hoewever this new Religion concept gets corrupted very Very early in its existance So the orginal Stoners leave little hints here and there to remind people that they made it all up and we should really try some of these trippy little mushrooms and see what we can come up with ourselves

orsomesuch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I am a deity and have never eaten a magic mushroom !

Jaysus, ya should try some So, might make ya supreme conciousness of the Universe :D:D:D

ed2hands wrote: »
    Yea interesting subject indeed.

The relationship between psychadelic drugs and religious experiences is well known. It does bear thinking about then that the whole gig (organised religion)
    was conceived with the help of a few mouthfuls of fly agaric or whatever.

Like this? :)

Haha Maybe. Personally I think it's a bit more complex than that...
    ed2hands wrote: »
    But to concentrate on the conspiracy end of it, there's no doubt that organised christianity for instance has been subverted and used as a tool for control and power.

No doubt. Here's where it gets crazy!

I suppose the theory goes that Some Shaman/Druid/Priest/Stoner Had the initial epiphinay about God/Gaya/Zeus/Odin/whatever, and in his stoned haze came up with some nice parables to convince everyone that we should just all be friends.

this notion catches on and they realise that this Religion lark could be a good way of Uniting the people under a common mythology, tis also handy for explainin stuff that confuddled them at the time like Where do we come from and What happens when we Die

Fixed! It began in Africa, probably it's older than that even.

Highly recomment this one, 5 stars!

Structurally, DMT is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT), the hormone melatonin, and other psychedelic tryptamines, such as 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin, and psilocin and is our connection to the other 99% of reality that we cannot see..

DMT may be analogous to Seratonin, but whe have specific receptors for other drugs

Raise you dude, DMT is produced IN the body. Also, this!

Peace :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Anyone taken DMT or would if given the chance?

Enter the Void is a great film about DMT abuse, hard to watch, trys to recreate a DMT trip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Wait, so, if I make a documentary that includes a few serious people with beards and PHD's, put it on the internet, then all conspiracy theorists will believe it?

http://www.firetown.com/blog/2011/03/21/my-husband-directed-the-fake-moon-landing-says-stanley-kubricks-widow/

Sorry for the interruption, keep posting the videos..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

Wait, so, if I make a documentary that includes a few serious people with beards and PHD's, and put it on the internet, then all conspiracy theorists will believe it?
    With my amendment its still a resounding "yes"

Advertisement