Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

5a969d07685a3_iFmc28br__700.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

6xPpbeT.gif

The Honduran White Bat (Ectophylla alba) feeds exclusively on fruits. Like many other bat species, the Honduran White Bat (Ectophylla alba) is in decline. Currently listed as Near Threatened, these Central American bats roost in leaf tents.

Capt'n Midnight, two can play that game!

7ZYm5uH.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

This parrot went viral this week and was meme'd on Facebook groups!

• Advertisement

Funny-pig-doing-parkour-video.gif

Funny-animal-story-2014.jpg

Very-old-friends.jpg

Funny-parrot-video-2014.gif

• Advertisement

Sorry, haven’t seen your tennis ball

Sorry-havenU2019t-seen-your-tennis-ball.jpg

Funny-happy-dog-video.gif

This-human-needs-kisses.gif

Funny-Kitty-playing-the-air-harp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

New Home wrote: »
    Funny-parrot-video-2014.gif
    Needs a heavy metal song in the background :D

Warning: Graphic photos of my birth!

448001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Is this 'Baaaaaaaw' enough?
    An endangered Australian Mary River turtle. The species, which boasts a punk hairdo and the unusual ability to breathe through its butt, is the latest addition to the Zoological Society of London’s list of animals at risk of extinction. Photograph: Chris Van

image.jpg

"If I fits, I sits!"

469480.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Anyone following this thread will know that around Christmas time, my cockatiels had two chicks born 5 days apart. Unfortunately the smaller chick died at about a week and the older one was doing well until she had a freak accident at 7.5 weeks.

It looks like history is repeating itself and the parents have two more chicks. They are even born 5 days apart! This time I am more prepared. Even though the chicks are only 5 days apart, there is a huge size difference between them. If the older chick starts taking all the food from the parents, I have proper baby formula and syringes on hand to keep it's strength up. I've been checking twice a day and so far so good ;)

I've called them Maisey and Tiny. My sister suggested the names and I like them. Tiny suits for now because she is so small compared to her sibling and is she survives to adulthood, it can be ironic :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pics?

squishy_thumb_hug_by_inkibus-d1nqwp2.jpg

Victor wrote: »
    Pics?
    I'm not the most tech savy and was having problems with my phone sending pics to my computer :o Hopefully I've done this right and can manage to post some pictures!

Thankfully Tiny is still being fed by her parents and she has a good crop. Even though Maisey is a lot bigger than her, she's not being left out and is fully healthy at a week old. At the same stage with the last two, the parents had stopped feeding the smaller one and when they are that small, it's hard to successfully hand feed them.

Baby birds do look a bit weird. Before their eyes open, they look opaque and almost like they've been created by CGI. In the last picture you can really see this. Tiny looks odd but Maisey's eyes are open and are very clearly defined. Nature is strange :)

They are ugly and absolutely adorable in equal measure! :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

“All these fancy dog toys and frisbees, in my day all we had were a stick”

DbJNiY0W0AEqLDP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

07-sleeping-11733618_uploadsmember1626198yourshot-1626198-11733618jpg_sgcyfoyz4wh7za3f4im3ytbfjxp3eflutfvvbpyjwjhzlmh4iziq_2769x2031.ngsversion.1524589205558.adapt.676.1.jpg
    "I saw this teeny-tiny baby chameleon sleep-hanging on a plant, while walking back to my tent at night in Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar," writes Your Shot photographer S.R. "Rather than blast the little guy with a flash, I used my headlamp to illuminate it and took this shot."

More baaaaaww sleeping animals here.

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to update that the two babies are doing really well.

Maisey is three and a half weeks and is starting to look like a cockatiel and Tiny who will be three weeks tomorrow is fast catching up :D

Advertisement