Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 madigan94

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I know I know :L just a bit daunting, terrified I'll fail. And the mothers going on about how it's okay to repeat, even after doing TY. STOP WOMAN!! :P

My parents had a good twenty minute talk with me about my handwriting of all things......they actually suggested I get one of those books you get in like junior infants where you keep writing out all the letters. ugh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

madigan94 wrote: »
    My parents had a good twenty minute talk with me about my handwriting of all things......they actually suggested I get one of those books you get in like junior infants where you keep writing out all the letters. ugh.....
    No way? That's actually the funniest thing I've heard a leaving cert get lectured on :P why of all things your handwriting? :P mines gotten soo bad during the summer though!!

No way? That's actually the funniest thing I've heard a leaving cert get lectured on :P why of all things your handwriting? :P mines gotten soo bad during the summer though!!

"The students won't be able to understand what your writing on the board" (aiming for primary teaching)

Ugh my parents are odd........... :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I can't find my school bag :o

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

91 first years.
    Who I am supposed to give a speech to.
    About the school.
    ANd then look after them for the day.
    FML!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

91 first years.
    Who I am supposed to give a speech to.
    About the school.
    ANd then look after them for the day.
    FML!!! :mad:

So many oppurtunities for expulsion! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Does anyone elses school give like, subject awards at the end of the year? Like, an award for best person in a subject or the person who's imporved the most etc.

Mine does but I haven't heard of any other doin' it..

Apparently it's great for the CV. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

Does anyone elses school give like, subject awards at the end of the year? Like, an award for best person in a subject or the person who's imporved the most etc.

I know a few people who have that system in their schools. We just have an "award of excellence".. teachers rate you on a scale of 1-10 in each subject (behaviour in class, helpful, if you make an effort.. etc) and if you get over 80% overall you receive a certificate saying that you're greaaat :rolleyes: :D
    I'd prefer the other system. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I start tomorrow and should have a 3 page essay on Sive, and a mock CAO done.

.........I have yet to read Sive

I know a few people who have that system in their schools. We just have an "award of excellence".. teachers rate you on a scale of 1-10 in each subject (behaviour in class, helpful, if you make an effort.. etc) and if you get over 80% overall you receive a certificate saying that you're greaaat :rolleyes: :D
    I'd prefer the other system. :)

Nooo cos finally Claire people got recognised for what you do. the other system was unfair if you were in a class full of brains :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Schonie wrote: »
    Oh I'm not prepared at all:DTo tell you the truth I have no idea how to start studying...I have never really studied that much and always did okay..but now I kinda need to do better than okay:p

Tell me about it. I knuckled down in first year and haven't done so since.

Told myself I'd study for the JC- started 2 weeks before...

Told myself I'd do consistent study for 5th year - did nothing and got physically sick with nerves the day before the summer tests.

But I have been getting okay results- what worries me is that the teachers are somewhat lenient, I don't mess about in class (but I don't really pay any attention either!)

TBH I don't see how I'll hit the ground running, t'will be a struggle.

I hear the first term is the most important..........YIKES, I wanted a nice cushy introduction, guess that was what 5th year was all about though

Nooo cos finally Claire people got recognised for what you do. the other system was unfair if you were in a class full of brains :rolleyes:

I'm Claire too. :pac: The way my school does it, it's more rewarding the people who worked their bums off to like, get to top of the class, if you get me. It's only one per student and the swots aren't deffo going to get one. It's half fair, like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Tell me about it. I knuckled down in first year and haven't done so since.

Told myself I'd study for the JC- started 2 weeks before...

I was the exact same :rolleyes:

I'm so used to saying, "I'll do it tomorrow sure."
    Now it's actually the day after tomorrow, if I'm better. :)

what about drink?anybody here giving it up/increasing the amount of it they drink/not planning to start drinking it?

I'm Claire too. :pac: The way my school does it, it's more rewarding the people who worked their bums off to like, get to top of the class, if you get me. It's only one per student and the swots aren't deffo going to get one. It's half fair, like. :)

We used to have that too, but practiclly the whole year worked their arses off, so I think the way we have is more fair where everyone is commended :) awards are greeeeeeeat :P

We used to have that too, but practiclly the whole year worked their arses off, so I think the way we have is more fair where everyone is commended :) awards are greeeeeeeat :P
    AH, well in my year eveyone's lazy as **** so I guess our system works for us. :P

In other news, I won't be drinking this year. Not that I drink much anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Is everyone planning on starting into full on study straight away? Im not back till wednesday
    *EDIT: I'm Niall by the way :)

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Is everyone planning on starting into full on study straight away? Im not back till wednesday

Claire. :)
    I'll be trying to but..well, we both know how that ends up. :rolleyes:

Siobhán :) Well I'd hope to... But I suffer from a severe case of procrastination-itis. So we'll see ;) :P

• Advertisement

Also Niall :)

Yeah booked into study until 10 tomorrow :O but there is no way I'm staying that long...

What colleges are ye all aiming to attend?

Also Niall :)

Yeah booked into study until 10 tomorrow :O but there is no way I'm staying that long...

Until 10?! Really? Jesus, is that even legal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I'm back wednesday too :D
    naw it may seem stupid, but i think i'll start with just homework, then maybe build it up bit by bit, to like 2 hours of study by christmas...but sure it depends how the homework times work out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LostLungs

AnnaKin wrote: »
    I'm back wednesday too :D
    naw it may seem stupid, but i think i'll start with just homework, then maybe build it up bit by bit, to like 2 hours of study by christmas...but sure it depends how the homework times work out :p

Yeah, Homework is going to be a killer before we even get to start studying!! I got enough homework last year and that was in 5th year. Worrying times :O

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

Maths and Economics in trinity

Hopefully UCD :cool:, but unlike most people im my year, I don't really care if I get into Trinity, Maynooth, Bolton St/Aungier St etc, I'd be so happy if I could just get a course I liked, instead of just goin to UCD with the mates!
    what about drink?anybody here giving it up/increasing the amount of it they drink/not planning to start drinking it?

With the amount of 18s coming up (1/2 a weekend), it'll be difficult. As long as people aren't trashed, getting headaches, colds, not being able to concentrate in grinds or study, the odd night or two should be fine.

I'm under the impression at the moment that we should get a few nights off in the next 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

My first choice is in UCD :). Or else Trinity, RCSI or DCU. Either way I'm going to Dublin :P but that's just how it worked out!

Either Trinity or UCD. I can't decide but sure we have plenty of time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollaylay

Hopefully TSM Psychology/English Lit or Psychology/Philosophy in Trinity, next just Psychology in Trinity then Psych. in UCD third. Seriously high points so that may change..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement