Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm not sleeping 'til I beat my high score!! :P

It's okay everyone, I bet my high score, y'all can relax now. :P

Was SO close to getting 2,500,000, but anyway, at least I can sleep now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So I have to get up in 2 and a half hours... Why does life hate me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

So much work to do over this weekend, my mock orals in 8 days and i'm not near ready, our English teacher was out yesterday but she left us a Literary Genre essay so I have to go and revise my notes on that, not to mention getting back up to speed on Business, Economics and Music practicals.. Gonna be a long weekend.. And i'm probably going to receive some badddd results namely (Irish and Maths) on Monday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Starting my photography portfolio today D:

BOOM! 7.5 page Literary Genre essay in exactly 70 minutes! I love the Comparative! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Loving life, new relationship at the wrong flipping time though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

BOOM! 7.5 page Literary Genre essay in exactly 70 minutes! I love the Comparative! :)

tumblr_m0aor0VSX01rpmecwo1_500.gif

^^ Lovely! :)

It isn't too bad of a Question though to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Had a look at the mock results thread, was pretty happy with what I got until I read that :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Had a look at the mock results thread, was pretty happy with what I got until I read that :(
    Dont worry siobhan, some of us are only human :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Siobhnk wrote: »

Oh I got 99 percent but I wanted 100 even though I haven't opened a book since 6th class LOLOLOLOL :pac:

Seriously like, some of em can go **** themselves, obnoxious twats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Kind of worried about physics now after reading that thread. Thought it was hard but that I had done ok, now it seems everyone did awful :( I hope it doesn't take forever for them to get corrected.

Were yours corrected externally? We finished our Mocks 3 weeks ago yesterday and we haven't got any of them back yet! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Were yours corrected externally? We finished our Mocks 3 weeks ago yesterday and we haven't got any of them back yet! :rolleyes:
    Same here. I think it's a bit ridiculous tbh! We're paying to have them corrected externally so we can get a fairly realistic view of where we are and what we need to do study wise and having this long of wait isn't helpful at all imo :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If that thread looks bad, think about the amount of newbs who are going to be registering in August and posting 'Ooh I got 600 points and I didn't open a book, so disappointed I dropped 25 points though :('.

I studied, don't see the point in pretending you didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

All of our exams are being done externally, but its a bit useless if they don't come back until the end of march tbh.

Chuchoter wrote: »
    All of our exams are being done externally, but its a bit useless if they don't come back until the end of march tbh.
    Yep that's what I think! :/.. Like there's only 2 students doing Accounting in my school, 2 doing Economics, 1 doing Engineering 1 doing Phys/Chem and we haven't gotten any of them back! Like their fairly minority subjects and they were sent off on the 10th of February so they really should be back by now, but alas DEB + Examcraft it would seem cannot run a proper service.. With only 13 weeks from Wednesday until the Leaving, having to wait nearly 5 weeks for Mock results is stupid

Thats really weird, a lot of my friends have theirs all back and corrected already.

We're getting our Irish results sent off, cant figure out if its DEB or Examcraft though. I heard DEB were fast for getting results back but I guess it doesnt matter now :P

Could be just my shi*ty excuse for a school then! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

finality wrote: »
    So I have to get up in 2 and a half hours... Why does life hate me? :(
    So how did you get on?
    I was actually pleased with how I did, in fact after going in not expecting a medal, then doing well and not getting a medal, I was kind disappointed if that makes sense:pac:
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    Kind of worried about physics now after reading that thread. Thought it was hard but that I had done ok, now it seems everyone did awful :( I hope it doesn't take forever for them to get corrected.
    Physics was hard but not impossible for us.
    I heard there was a much more difficult paper than the one we got though.
    I got 65% which I'd consider really bad for me, but I think that's just my problem, I had a bad exam, if you feel you've done OK I'm sure you'll get great marks:)
    Yep that's what I think! :/.. Like there's only 2 students doing Accounting in my school, 2 doing Economics, 1 doing Engineering 1 doing Phys/Chem and we haven't gotten any of them back! Like their fairly minority subjects and they were sent off on the 10th of February so they really should be back by now, but alas DEB + Examcraft it would seem cannot run a proper service.. With only 13 weeks from Wednesday until the Leaving, having to wait nearly 5 weeks for Mock results is stupid

That's a ridiculous wait.
    Oh wait are you in that school on that Irish Caribbean colony?:P

Seriously though we got the bulk of ours within 1-2 weeks. Must be terribly frustrating having to wait. Besides, you're paying good money for them!

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    So how did you get on?
    I was actually pleased with how I did, in fact after going in not expecting a medal, then doing well and not getting a medal, I was kind disappointed if that makes sense:pac:

Physics was hard but not impossible for us.
    I heard there was a much more difficult paper than the one we got though.
    I got 65% which I'd consider really bad for me, but I think that's just my problem, I had a bad exam, if you feel you've done OK I'm sure you'll get great marks:)

That's a ridiculous wait.
    Oh wait are you in that school on that Irish Caribbean colony?:P

Seriously though we got the bulk of ours within 1-2 weeks. Must be terribly frustrating having to wait. Besides, you're paying good money for them!
    I paid 120e for the Mocks, started them on the 31st of January and haven't gotten 1 back! Seriously discouraged with the Mock company at this stage! Our examiners must of been lazy cu***.. :P

It's just very hard to get motivated for the real exams without any indication of what you can/cannot do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I paid 120e for the Mocks, started them on the 31st of January and haven't gotten 1 back! Seriously discouraged with the Mock company at this stage! Our examiners must of been lazy cu***.. :P

It's just very hard to get motivated for the real exams without any indication of what you can/cannot do!

This

Hmmm, business mock on tuesday and I really dont have time to study everything :( We've been revising in class since November so I have the ABQ units relatively fresh in my mind but even still, I dont think its good enough but if I study them, I'm leaving out stuff I havent studied in ages!

So, business people...what should I study?
    b4 I die plz
    xoxo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I've had such a **** day. I'm currently eating a huge big bag of caramel nibbles while feeling extremely sorry for myself.

<3 Caramel nibbles..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    So how did you get on?

Disaster, but oh well, it was pretty fun and I've gotten a new facebook friend out of it. Because we all know how significant those are. I actually gave up on the first paper and only answered 13 questions on the second one.
    We were on the same bus after, you were 3 seats in front of me, but I was far too socially awkward to say anything. You are creeped out as hell right now. :L

finality wrote: »
    Disaster, but oh well, it was pretty fun and I've gotten a new facebook friend out of it. Because we all know how significant those are. I actually gave up on the first paper and only answered 13 questions on the second one.
    We were on the same bus after, you were 3 seats in front of me, but I was far too socially awkward to say anything. You are creeped out as hell right now. :L
    I would be slightly :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Just to equalize the creepiness, I think i saw you Finality at the HPAT in Cork :p When you described yourself as small with blonde hair it sounded very familiar:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm getting slightly freaked out now... I mean, someone's bound to recognise me in my brightly-coloured shell. :o

*Retreats into pokéball*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

The art class in my year went to it today!

Was talking to a few of them alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement