Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sapphire3 wrote: »
    A lot of the mysteries mentioned here, are my favorites and I have enjoyed reading about them and puzzling over them. Recently, I have been reading up on the strange case of Elisa Lam..Weird situation altogether..Was it the case of a woman with a mental illness or something more?

I'd say the cause of accidental drowning explains that or a suicide.

I don't think she was murdered, is that what you mean by "something more"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The "something more" that makes people suspicious is her erratic and paranoid behaviour in the videotapes. She was mentally ill, though. I don't think that one is a great mystery - a mentally ill woman had a mental breakdown and unfortunately caused her own death.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I'd say the cause of accidental drowning explains that or a suicide.

I don't think she was murdered, is that what you mean by "something more"?

Yeah, that is what I meant..I mean if she committed suicide how did she manage to lift the lid off the water tank and then replace it? I read somewhere that the tank lid was locked and that it would have been too heavy for her to lift it all by herself..

There was a link online which talked about some of the weird coincidences surrounding her death. I cannot seem to link to it right now. They are probably grasping at straws TBH. Still, whether or not it was suicide, it's a pretty interesting case.

The "something more" that makes people suspicious is her erratic and paranoid behaviour in the videotapes. She was mentally ill, though. I don't think that one is a great mystery - a mentally ill woman had a mental breakdown and unfortunately caused her own death.

Yeah, her behaviour in the elevator was pretty strange

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Where one of a pair of mittens I knitted yesterday vanished to...Gone without a trace...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's not a mystery. Just mislaid. Being old myself I often mislay things. The real mystery is how they turn up where you had already looked earlier!

Wasn't there an issue around the time stamp on the video footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well the more ye post about this, the more mysterious it appears to be!

That's crazy that the lid on the water tank could have been shut behind her!

Yeah there was, parts of it was slowed down and some parts were missing. You can see a video about the time stamp on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Graces7 wrote: »
    Where one of a pair of mittens I knitted yesterday vanished to...Gone without a trace...

And you don't even know how to knit, nor own knitting needles!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I thought the elevator was acting pretty strange too. I mean, the Elisa Lam video shows her walking into the lift and pushing all the buttons on the panel. She is acting kinda strange, her movements are a bit erratic and she darts her head out the door a couple of times. The lift doesn't move. The door doesn't close. She has pressed all the buttons and the lift does nothing. Eventually after a minute or two the door closes, but the lift stays on the same floor even though all the panel buttons are lit up.

You'd probably need to use one of those keys to stop the elevator moving, and you'd only have one of them if you worked in the place, but you may have keys to other locked off places too like maybe where she was found... hmmm *strokes chin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Did anyone else feel really freaked out watching that video of her in the lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any chance it's all fake and the hotel is trying to drum up a bit of business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Any chance it's all fake and the hotel is trying to drum up a bit of business?

Come to our hotel and stay in our penthouse water tank?, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Come to our hotel and stay in our penthouse water tank?, I don't think so.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What?

The girl was found dead in the water tank of the hotel. Her body was only discovered after guests complained the water was discoloured and tasted foul. Not a great way to promote your business if it is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Valentina wrote: »
    The girl was found dead in the water tank of the hotel. Her body was only discovered after guests complained the water was discoloured and tasted foul. Not a great way to promote your business if it is fake.

How long was she in the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I dunno about that. It could attract the gore/true crime demographic. Jack The Ripper must be worth a few bob to London tourism. Maybe the same kind of principle could apply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

jamesbere wrote: »
    How long was she in the tank?

2 weeks. Wish I hadn't watched the video, I'm in the house alone and it is really creepy. Pity there is no audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Custardpi wrote: »
    I dunno about that. It could attract the gore/true crime demographic. Jack The Ripper must be worth a few bob to London tourism. Maybe the same kind of principle could apply here.

The hotel changed it's name after this incident .......... don't think they're looking for "true crime tourists" tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Your favourite unsolved mystery?

How did the Bankers get away with it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Why posters quote themselves, are they mad maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

The Lipstick murders and The Black dahlia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

O O O O wrote: »
    you ask that with that user name LOL

hey look what I've in this hand ...go look ..look at your hand....

your healed now ...ffs go in peace (hug)

I like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Hold your breath
    Make a wish
    Count to three

Come with me
    And you'll be
    In a world of
    Pure imagination
    Take a look
    And you'll see
    Into your imagination

We'll begin
    With a spin
    Traveling in
    The world of creation
    What we'll see
    Will defy
    Explanation

If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it
    Anything you want to, do it
    Wanta change the world?
    There's nothing
    To it

(hug)

Gasp....you ...you you get me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

yes...your covered ..I get everyone...sometimes I even get me....I still fight with myself over this..what part or bits of me do I know ...where have I really been....and the cherry on top..who the f*ck am I ???? LOL

(hug)

pretty flower is pretty flower...doze'nt know why ....

Boyd Bushman knew the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EganTheMan

Apparitions in Ballinspittle is my favourite unsolved mystery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

the_syco wrote: »

Your own Wiki link basically 'solves' the 'mystery', but a more detailed rundown can be found here. There's nothing mysterious about it really. ;)

Advertisement