Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to host to Formula One event! - Next June

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

panama wrote: »
    astrofluff wrote: »
    Added Poll?!

Where's the Been to an F1 race before so couldn't be arsed hanging around in the rain to see two minutes of JB setting his McLaren on fire option?

Where's the I know more than you, so there option? :rolleyes:
    It's next to the "who let all these poor people out of the ghetto and onto the internet?" one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

PJTierney wrote: »
    I was referring to this stretch: http://goo.gl/maps/EsPI

Anybody could go there, the disabled viewing was around here: http://goo.gl/maps/9pVl

Hmm, ok I'm talking about the second spot alright. The disabled area went from that corner to near enough to where the vodafone fanzone was though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Hmm, ok I'm talking about the second spot alright. The disabled area went from that corner to near enough to where the vodafone fanzone was though.
    Yeah I know, people were asked to go around the back of IFSC which eventually leads you to the fanzone before rejoining the track.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think you have it sorted out now, but FWIW, I ended up on the other side of the road from Jury's looking straight across at it. There wasn't any signs or notices or anything that the area was for disabled viewers on either side of the road.

I made my way down there after starting at Dame St and not being able to see a thing. There was tons of space there, got a great view from really close up. It was't a "performance zone" so I didn't get to see any burnouts or stuff, but got a very good view of the cars going by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I got a reply from them saying they'd be in touch next week.

Did anyone else email or write to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

The prices for this were a complete and utter rip-off for what was just a demonstration. I stood at one of the free areas (bottom of D'Olier st) and I guess one couldnt complain as a non paying viewer. But €70 odd quid to watch that?? That is an as* raping of the highest order!

I recently went to Brands Hatch for the DTM meeting and paid €72 for a ticket which got me grandstand seat, pre race pit lane walk, and all day paddock access. There was top class on track action for the guts of 10 hours incl DTM race, F3 race, Eurocar (nascar style) race, Lotus Cup, VW Racing Cup. I got to meet a load of motorsport personalities...Gary Paffett, David Coulthard, Mike Rockenfeller, Andy Priaulx, Joey Hand, Susie Wolff, David Brabham, Bruno Spengler, Martin Tomcyzk, Norbert Haug...during the pit-walk as well as getting up very close to the cars as the mechanics worked on them pre-race. Jenson Button was there and did a few laps in a DTM Merc then up at the Merc hospitality section he was signing autographs, posing for photos and chatting with loads of fans, hes a genuine class guy. Now thats what you call value for money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Why are you complaining about the price if you got to witness the event for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Sheeps wrote: »
    Why are you complaining about the price if you got to witness the event for free?

Read paragraph 1. I said one couldn't complain if watching from free area. I also said the ticket prices were a complete rip-off or am I not entitled to that opinion because I didn't purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

panama wrote: »
    Where's the I know more than you, so there option? :rolleyes:

Sorry, didn't realise I was being an arrogant git! :o I just couldn't see the attraction of the event to go. But reading this, there was obviously some good spots to watch, especially the drifting, but to get to watch the best parts would have been a lottery. Like any avid follower of F1, if you are going to a race, you try and get tickets in best possible place based on your budget, but with this event nobody knew where would be the best (hence the complaints about grandstand tickets away from prime spots).:(

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Sorry to drag up the old thread but I'm assuming this isn't going ahead in 2013 seeing as the tickets were on sale around this time last year...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

viking wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up the old thread but I'm assuming this isn't going ahead in 2013 seeing as the tickets were on sale around this time last year...?

Checked my email:

"Dublin to host F1... .blah blah 2013"

OMFG!!!!

"Sorry to drag up an old tread..."

FUUU.png

And that would be a no also, I doubt it'll be back. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Daniel S wrote: »
    Really shows how greasy it was for the F1 drivers.
    Feckin amateurs, I know that course and could do it in my transit van without hitting a bus... this time...
    The prices for this were a complete and utter rip-off for what was just a demonstration.
    Apparently F1 is expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I went to the first one, and I wouldn't go again. The organisation was a shambles, there were only two F1 cars there and only one of them doing anything much. The "Paddock" was a long line of beer tents and hamburger stalls, and I spent more time standing in queues in the rain than watching anything other than marshals who had no idea what was going on. And I had paddock tickets!

No more thanks!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement