Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got into WIT today doing Tourism.

Done my leaving cert in 2007 and done 2 fetac courses and finally at 21 i get into third level college.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got into WIT today doing Tourism.

Done my leaving cert in 2007 and done 2 fetac courses and finally at 21 i get into third level college.
    Congratulations!

That's real dedication, and you have well and truly earned your place at this stage!

Good luck and enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congratulations!

That's real dedication, and you have well and truly earned your place at this stage!

Good luck and enjoy! :)

done for foundation maths for the leaving so truly ****ed on getting to a serious level 8 and some level 7 courses til im 23 (mature student)

anyway happy with to get into college

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

PTH2009 wrote: »
    done for foundation maths for the leaving so truly ****ed on getting to a serious level 8 and some level 7 courses til im 23 (mature student)

anyway happy with to get into college

Any chance your name stands for Protest the Hero 2009?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yellowbelly16

Cannot decide what to do, have an offer for Home economics in Liverpool and an offer for religion and english in Mater Dei. I have tried to choose so many times and I just cant, what am I going to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Cannot decide what to do, have an offer for Home economics in Liverpool and an offer for religion and english in Mater Dei. I have tried to choose so many times and I just cant, what am I going to do :(

Pro and Con list. It actually works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I got no offers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

I take it both are teaching. You need to consider what subject you love more. Its tough going teaching a subject your not mad about. Secondly check that Home ec in Liverpool qualifies you to teach here. I know that with the course here you can teach in UK but make sure it works the other way too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the Home Ec. entitles you to teach here, I'd go with that. Thousands of unemployed English teachers, not quite that many in Home Ec. If you're playing the odds in terms of job possibilities, Home Ec. is the one to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

I'd assume that Home Ec would give you better job opportunities, as there are loads of qualified English teachers out there. :rolleyes: But, I wouldn't base it on job prospects, go for whatever one you love more, if you're passionate enough about the subject jobs will be easier to get, and you'll really enjoy your job too, which is always nice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Combination of factors. Higher demand was probably the cause for the points rise. Demand probably caused by the attractiveness of a general degree with a foreign language, (because most people who want commerce don't believe they'll get a job in Ireland), coupled with the fact that around 80% of Leaving Certs who do a European Language do French.

Also, its a really good combination for teaching, as business is not taught through arts.

Also UCC gave the BComm Language courses a push with an open day in December. BComm with Spanish went up by 70 points or something as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

missyellow wrote: »
    awh nicee..im da very same just got da exact points haha....not sure when we are starting ..do you know if we are in south or north campus? :)

Ha grand, for some reason i think South campus, but don't hold me to that! I'm in the same boat as yourself and begsy (I think)!. Don't know a sinner down there but I'm staying in Kingscourt so should be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Jordonvito wrote: »
    Ha grand, for some reason i think South campus, but don't hold me to that! I'm in the same boat as yourself and begsy (I think)!. Don't know a sinner down there but I'm staying in Kingscourt so should be grand :)

hey i do know one or two girls in third year in the it because they moved in from dingle but i don't know anybody who will be starting first year except for yourself and missyellow of course.. :D I heard kingscourt is very nice and youu are close to the manor west so handy out.. As regards campuses if you are doing the same course as missyellow then you will be in south... Although i think on orientation day you will be in north campus(not 100% sure though.) Did you get a letter from the it today by any chance? Hope to see you round the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

begsy wrote: »
    hey i do know one or two girls in third year in the it because they moved in from dingle but i don't know anybody who will be starting first year except for yourself and missyellow of course.. :D I heard kingscourt is very nice and youu are close to the manor west so handy out.. As regards campuses if you are doing the same course as missyellow then you will be in south... Although i think on orientation day you will be in north campus(not 100% sure though.) Did you get a letter from the it today by any chance? Hope to see you round the place :)

Yeah was down in Tralee today, payed off the deposit for Kingscourt and got some other stuff done..Arrived home to a package then with what we're doing for orientation week and the like...Moving down the 4th so getting excited now! Yeah hopefully see ye around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyellow

Jordonvito wrote: »

yeah its da south ..was down der today ....aw are ya i was gona stay der but den picked da ota apartments in the town centre sean sumtin....yeah we will be grand :) our first week is gona be very exciteing anywyas haha camping and all :)

i got a place today rite in the town centre :) i was up der today...got da letters today aswell ..were doing camping on our first week and rock climbling swimming haha should be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Got my first choice!! I'll tell you what, telling your father/mother news like this and seeing their faces is something you will never forget. My mam actually cried as well :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Got my first choice!! I'll tell you what, telling your father/mother news like this and seeing their faces is something you will never forget. My mam actually cried as well :'(

I got my first choice as well, my mum's exact words: 'and is that a good thing'
    I love her to bits but she's still not sure what cao stands for

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I got my first choice as well, my mum's exact words: 'and is that a good thing'
    I love her to bits but she's still not sure what cao stands for

Haha I'm sure she meant well!!

i got a place today rite in the town centre :) i was up der today...got da letters today aswell ..were doing camping on our first week and rock climbling swimming haha should be fun :)

Aww cool cool.. When you moving down? I got two sets of letters as i had been offered two places.. Got my right letter yesterday.. Aww that sounds like great craic.. Be a chance for ye to bond and get to know each other... Always a plus eh? :D

• Advertisement

Aww cool cool.. When you moving down? I got two sets of letters as i had been offered two places.. Got my right letter yesterday.. Aww that sounds like great craic.. Be a chance for ye to bond and get to know each other... Always a plus eh? :D

tink i will b down the 4th wbu?? :)....awh did ya kilio......yeah shud b fun now rock climbing and stuff :D did u get a registration pack yet ???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just a reminder for our new posters ... Boards doesn't welcome textspeak! :)

tink i will b down the 4th wbu?? :)....awh did ya kilio......yeah shud b fun now rock climbing and stuff :D did u get a registration pack yet ???

Hey because i'm from dingle i can get the bus in on the tuesday morning of the orientation day. So i won't be moving in until the 11th i'd say.. :) No didn't get registration pack yet it should be out tuesday or wednesday.. :D getting excited now.. :)

Hey because i'm from dingle i can get the bus in on the tuesday morning of the orientation day. So i won't be moving in until the 11th i'd say.. :) No didn't get registration pack yet it should be out tuesday or wednesday.. :D getting excited now.. :)

Hey :)...thats handy ..cool cool...alright thanks :D ..yeah snap cant wait now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

just got offered my first choice- Latin-American studies at NUIG- in the second round! :D:D:D

Get out the sherry and let us celebrate a nightcap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EvetscipE

Camilo wrote: »
    just got offered my first choice- Latin-American studies at NUIG- in the second round! :D:D:D

Congrats! I still haven't been offered anything... Looking at available courses, I'm seeing a lot of ones I like and can get into... but I never applied for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Camilo wrote: »

Just offered Mechanical Engineering in UL, one of the happiest days of my life as I've wantedto do this course for about 8 years =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

Got my first choice of Philosophy in TCD in the second round. Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Is there anyway to see if the points went down, when they went down too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

virtus1 wrote: »
    Got my first choice of Philosophy in TCD in the second round. Delighted :)

Me too! :D Very pleased.

Advertisement