Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The MEGA Waiting for CAO offers (and UCAS) thread ** (READ FIRST POST!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

what time can you check your course offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

6am tomorrow. :) Log onto your CAO account and it should be up there by then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Tomorrow's newspapers will have the points in them, and sometimes they appear in shops as early as 3am or 4am, so if you have any 24 hour shops near you, ring them and ask them what time they get delivered newspapers - it's what I did!

Or else don't obsess about it like I did, go to sleep, wake up around 6am, see what you got offered, then go back to bed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I've got the exact points for my first choice but I've kinda given up on it, since applications were up all round this year. Boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Wake up at 11am and then go for a walk with the dog and then eat and then maybe if your in the mood check, got all day like lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Been creeping on the CAO website (lol) looking at the points for my course since it started in 2004.

2004: 535
    2005: 535
    2006: 545
    2007: 535
    2008: 545
    2009: 550
    2010: 540

Oh Lord. I'll definitely be getting up at 6am! Scary stuff!

P.S is there any way you can check how many people applied for a course and how many places are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

LittleMissLost, it usually says on the college's website how many places are available in a given course.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Can we have some nominees to go to a 24-hour shop around 2-3am to get the paper and upload it? I would but the only one I know is far away and parents won't get up to drive me because I'm sure I got my course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Post your offers and speculation about later round offers here.

Temporarily stickied, like the LC results thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The thread for confirmed offers will be here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73934061

Please keep chat in this thread.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Anyone able to clear this up for me? :confused:

I currently have the exact points for my first choice (435). My second choice is 440. I've changed my mind and don't want either course now, but I do want my third choice which is around 350. If I don't get the first two, I'll accept number three.

BUT then if I appeal any subjects and my points go up so that I have enough for my first choice again, can I still take my third? (There's one subject that I really want to appeal, thought I did far better in it, just want to know if I'd be risking getting the course I want by appealing it.) rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Got a UCAS offer back on Friday for University of Ulster Pharmacy. I doubt i'll need it... Well hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

And so the annual epic offers thread begins :D

Hope we're all happy on the other side of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

there's a 24 hour shop near me but i won't be going
    im as sick as a dog and can barely walk downstairs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I live next to a 24 hour shop and I'm ****ting it, so I'll happily oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been creeping on the CAO website (lol) looking at the points for my course since it started in 2004.

2004: 535
    2005: 535
    2006: 545
    2007: 535
    2008: 545
    2009: 550
    2010: 540

Oh Lord. I'll definitely be getting up at 6am! Scary stuff!

P.S is there any way you can check how many people applied for a course and how many places are available?
    Link me to where you can see all the previous points please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

Can we have some nominees to go to a 24-hour shop around 2-3am to get the paper and upload it? I would but the only one I know is far away and parents won't get up to drive me because I'm sure I got my course.

I did this last year, couldn't sleep anyway so said why not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Can't wait for tommorow, my first choice course is only starting this year so I have no idea of how many points I'm going to need...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I live next to a 24 hour shop and I'm ****ting it, so I'll happily oblige.

You hero! :D
    If you're not able to put up a picture or something could you post/mail me out my course points. DN440 (Biomedical Health & Life Sciences in UCD). :)
    I doubt come 3am there will be anyone else looking for the points so I just want to make sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I dunno if I'm gonna stay up. :( the points won't make a difference to me, as I've HEAR, so I've no idea what way my CAO will go. I could get the course I have the points for, or the one above I'm short for.

/confused. :(

Hope you get your course Extrasupervery :) What're you going for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Exothermic wrote: »
    I doubt come 3am there will be anyone else looking for the points so I just want to make sure :P

Last year at around 5am I posted that I had the paper and posted up some of the main courses (Arts UCD, TCD Medicine, UCD Medicine, Primary school teaching, etc.) and got very close to 50* PMs within the space of 30 minutes!

I did answer them all btw - I was too happy that I managed to get my first choice (with 0 points to spare) to mind!

* Edit: Actually it was 29 PMs I just checked, so ignore my 50 above - it felt like 50 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

AdamD wrote: »
    Link me to where you can see all the previous points please!

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points

Somebody should just photocopy the newspaper. What time do the points go up on the Irish times website at? Might go for a late night drive to Tesco haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've over 100 points to spare for Arts..not too bothered by all this offers stuff tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Might go for a late night drive to Tesco haha

Yup thats my plan for tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I just want to know already!!

My 1st choice (BESS):
    2010: 475*
    2009: 475*
    2008: 470*
    2007: 480*
    2006: 475*
    2005: 470

And I got 470 this year. Hmmmmmm, chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My 1st choice (BESS):

If demand dropped, yeah. If not, probably borerline since everyone who applied with 475 last year didn't get in. :/ It could drop all of a sudden though since in the past few years demand has been for business/law courses, but it's changing to science now, so it could happen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

My 1st choice (BESS):

Maybe, but theres second round offers too you know?

Advertisement