Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I really like blazers :) had a good night and I was sober!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Blazers = awesome Paulie.

You can get some really nice jackets/blazers that go with everything and Ive been rocking them for a number of years.My Halloween costume was a black blazer/jacket with a Dawn of the Dead t-shirt on underneath.

They equally go well with shirts aswell.

Love em!

Good morning Otis, how's the head :P

Good morning Otis, how's the head :P

Im a bit shook tbh.I did have a rather nice bacon sammich and some tea earlier though so its not all bad!:P

• Advertisement

Im a bit shook tbh.I did have a rather nice bacon sammich and some tea earlier though so its not all bad!:P
    That's good :) I can only imagine how shook you are! I'm quite had I've no hangover!

Ive often been a helluva lot worse in fairness so no sense grumbling aboot it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got me eyes on some of that action as well meself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

On my way home now after two days' drinking. There's no hangover whatsoever- I'm worried :(:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

no hangover for me :) couldn't seem to get drunk actually, despite our efforts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm a bit bóllixed myself this morning - definitely going for some coffee and a rasher sammich now cheers for the idea

I'll get the blazer in two weeks when I can afford it....broke after yesterday!

I'll put up a pic of my sharpness if/when I do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I stayed in and alcohol free last night, and to celebrate I'm off to see Immortals.
    Meant to go see it last night, but the oul lazy bug caught a hold of me!

And I think I'll wear me blazer!
    Oh, I've an idea to put out there, a picture thread of boardsies wearing their blazers.
    Haha! I'm a simple man...

Panthro wrote: »
    I stayed in and alcohol free last night, and to celebrate I'm off to see Immortals.
    Meant to go see it last night, but the oul lazy bug caught a hold of me!

And I think I'll wear me blazer!
    Oh, I've an idea to put out there, a picture thread of boardsies wearing their blazers.
    Haha! I'm a simple man...
    I'm going later too :) and not going to the 3D one either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Alcohol free is the way to be! I went out for the Ireland match on Friday (breaking my belief that pubs are the worst places to watch a match) and I didn't drink as I was working Saturday. I had a great night, saved wasted money on drink I didn't want and was able to work unimpeded on Saturday. My only downfall was tiredness from the late night.

I am actually fed up a bit of drinking bar wine with dinner or a 2-3 drinks like Southern Comfort and Lime.

Alcohol free is the way to be! I went out for the Ireland match on Friday (breaking my belief that pubs are the worst places to watch a match) and I didn't drink as I was working Saturday. I had a great night, saved wasted money on drink I didn't want and was able to work unimpeded on Saturday. My only downfall was tiredness from the late night.

I am actually fed up a bit of drinking bar wine with dinner or a 2-3 drinks like Southern Comfort and Lime.
    I have no problem giving up drink - went off it for two months or so earlier this year because I was just sick of it

I overdid it last night though Southern comfort & West coast cooler & white russians got the better of me again

PaulieC wrote: »
    I have no problem giving up drink - went off it for two months or so earlier this year because I was just sick of it

I actually went 2 years in college without drink due to medication. It has worked out really well as I didn't have that phase at a young age where a lot of people get conditioned into "nights out=piles of drink".

I obviously don't mind a drink or two, but rarely get that drunk. Oddly the TGC beers in Lafayette has been the drunkest I've been in the last 2 years.

I actually went 2 years in college without drink due to medication. It has worked out really well as I didn't have that phase at a young age where a lot of people get conditioned into "nights out=piles of drink".

I obviously don't mind a drink or two, but rarely get that drunk. Oddly the TGC beers in Lafayette has been the drunkest I've been in the last 2 years.
    Yeah most nights I head to town I end up drinking quite a bit so I suppose I have been conditioned that way when I think about it

I like going to a club or latebar but have to say though - I prefer drinking in with mates or heading to the pub for a few pints, more up my alley

Oddly the TGC beers in Lafayette has been the drunkest I've been in the last 2 years.

Well then you're just going to have to beat that record at the next one :pac:

On a serious note though, being sober when out can be great fun. Laughing at all the antics and being able to remember it all the next day- it makes a nice change every now and again!

On a serious note though, being sober when out can be great fun. Laughing at all the antics and being able to remember it all the next day- it makes a nice change every now and again!
    Not being comatose the following day helps too and it's easy on the wallet too

Very true P-
    I reckon we should have a TGC non-drinkers' thread in Jan.
    Though I can just see Otis locking that one in disgust :pac:

• Advertisement

The Non Drinkers Forum is here.

Less of that sober chat too.

:pac:

Less of that sober chat too.

:pac:

Don't hate us for who we are :P

Hmm...sounds like a challenge :pac:

But yeah I always side on the all in moderation route. Drinking is grand, but a break every so often is no harm.

Don't hate us for who we are :P

Hmm...sounds like a challenge :pac:

But yeah I always side on the all in moderation route. Drinking is grand, but a break every so often is no harm.
    You sleep so much better after a few weeks without drink I found - you really do feel like you've given your body a proper rest.

I'll have the odd white russian at the weekends but barring that I'm getting into a gym routine so I'll be holding off drinking heavily until Christmas

Just had the most epic dinner ever up at my mothers' house.
    The full sunday roast, made even better by the fact that I wasn't expecting it and was starved.
    Bliss....she's a legend!
    :D

Just had the most epic dinner ever up at my mothers' house.
    The full sunday roast, made even better by the fact that I wasn't expecting it and was starved.
    Bliss....she's a legend!
    :D
    I had a roast chicken dinner with the oreo and twix cheesecake for dessert

IT.WAS.EPIC :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

evening all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

PaulieC wrote: »
    I had a roast chicken dinner with the oreo and twix cheesecake for dessert

IT.WAS.EPIC :D

I normally just lurk here but had to find out about this twix cheesecake...not so mad about the oreo part but a twix part is making me drool.

Do you have the recipe...how was it?

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I normally just lurk here but had to find out about this twix cheesecake...not so mad about the oreo part but a twix part is making me drool.

Do you have the recipe...how was it?
    Here's the link to the recipe

I didn't actually make it - my flatmate made it while I made dinner, he's better at baking, I'm somewhat reasonable at cooking dinners :) - the recipe here is for small ones but we bought a tin and made a large one.

It turned out very well - the Caramel kind of sinks a bit so it's layered like Oreo base, Caramel, cream cheese and twix chocolate. The Oreo base is very nice - would prefer it to normal biscuit base tbh

It's filling but my god it's delicious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

awh man.... I hate Mondays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

And this particular monday will is probably gonna suck serious balls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement