Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'll put it this way, we stream our games live and have a viewer base of about 2000 people each time, and a few of us (including myself) get to make some cash from it.
    But people played so badly the last few days we've lost a tonne of viewers :(
    Oh so it's their job, well then they should be well able to do it!

I've no hangover :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh so it's their job, well then they should be well able to do it!

I've no hangover :)

I wasnt drinking but the proverbial sh*t has hit the fan this morning here due to unsanctioned changes made on the systems last night and I might have a hangover by the end of it.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Oh no TP not nice to face into on a friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's a pain in the tits alright when someone decides to change things. The problem for my team wouldn't be that we'd be stumped with fixing it, we'll get flooded with a shíte load of calls about people complaining about their stuff not working anymore and we wouldn't have the slightest clue about what's going on.

got an easier Friday morning now meself, was meant to be in an hour long con call about a project for a tool we use in the call centre and it's been cancelled :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh no TP not nice to face into on a friday.

Nope, exactly what I said to one of the lads 5 mins ago.. :rolleyes:

Ahh sure what can you do!

• Advertisement

Thats how we figure out a lot of our stuff goes wrong,when customers ring or email about it.usually down to the developer putting something live when he's not meant to.

Thats how we figure out a lot of our stuff goes wrong,when customers ring or email about it.usually down to the developer putting something live when he's not meant to.

Same here. We have layers of monitoring but it doesnt always pick stuff up and its not until someone complains here that we find out

With us it wouldn't make sense to have things monitored like that,very little would go wrong if the developer would stop putting the test stuff live,the big arse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"it'll work, I know what I'm doing it'll be fine... sure it's not customer facing anyway..."

:rolleyes:

With us it wouldn't make sense to have things monitored like that,very little would go wrong if the developer would stop putting the test stuff live,the big arse

Ahh I've worked with a few of them and you make a point of putting very smug satisfied look on your face of "I told you to stop doing that" when you see them getting their a*s chewed by the boss for doing it :D

• Advertisement

"it'll work, I know what I'm doing it'll be fine... sure it's not customer facing anyway..."

:rolleyes:

Yeah except ours has the unique ability to **** up customer facing stuff when having only changed admin stuff!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh I've worked with a few of them and you make a point of putting very smug satisfied look on your face of "I told you to stop doing that" when you see them getting their a*s chewed by the boss for doing it :D

Ours doesn't get given out to at all,and NEVER accepts that its something he's done wrong.though,ya know,he's the only one with access to the code

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I work for a Network Monitoring company so I'm keeping quiet over here in the corner until TP sorts it all out :)

My Carbonara tasted nice but it was a pain cooking it - will get it better next time re: timing

Hope you're all lookin forwards to the weekend??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

PaulieC wrote: »
    I work for a Network Monitoring company so I'm keeping quiet over here in the corner until TP sorts it all out :)

My Carbonara tasted nice but it was a pain cooking it - will get it better next time re: timing

Hope you're all lookin forwards to the weekend??

Carbonara is my signature dish, love it:D

Happy Friday and good morning to everyone:)

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Carbonara is my signature dish, love it:D

Happy Friday and good morning to everyone:)
    Wait a second......

Nope it wasn't you who put up the recipe in the Cooking Club forum - so happy I found that forum after so long - some cracking recipes there.

I'm looking forwards to cooking it again seeing as I know now how to get the timing better.

Once I get it pretty much nailed on, I'll move onto a different dish :)

Wait a second......

Nope it wasn't you who put up the recipe in the Cooking Club forum - so happy I found that forum after so long - some cracking recipes there.

I'm looking forwards to cooking it again seeing as I know now how to get the timing better.

Once I get it pretty much nailed on, I'll move onto a different dish :)
    Haha nah it wasn't me:P
    Yea that forum is great alright, but I just feel hungry when I go in there...

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Haha nah it wasn't me:P
    Yea that forum is great alright, but I just feel hungry when I go in there...
    They make it look so easy too

i think I saw a recipe there for Malteaser & Toblerone cheesecake - might try on that one for size some weekend when I have time.

They make it look so easy too

i think I saw a recipe there for Malteaser & Toblerone cheesecake - might try on that one for size some weekend when I have time.
    Yea that's true.
    Oh yea do!:)

I made chocolate brownies last night, sooooo yummy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im so going to try the rainbow cake soon

Ours doesn't get given out to at all,and NEVER accepts that its something he's done wrong.though,ya know,he's the only one with access to the code

Oh ours do and on a regular basis!! :D:D:D

oh man, we are gonna have to book an extra large space for the next TGC boards beers as everyone is gonna be the size of a house after all these cakes and recipes!!! :p:pac:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

What's that exactly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bluewolf wrote: »

Sounds like something you would eat at Woodstock!

Taste the rainbow Maaaaaannnnnnnn :pac:

oh bluewolf, meant to tell you they do blue, green, yellow, orange and red colours in Dunnes on Henry St, if you haven't found any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

oh man, we are gonna have to book an extra large space for the next TGC boards beers as everyone is gonna be the size of a house after all these cakes and recipes!!! :p:pac:

We might need a table each- we can bring the laptops/phones, shuffle off to a corner, and communicate as we are now :D
    I'll bring the dialling wands :/

We might need a table each- we can bring the laptops/phones, shuffle off to a corner, and communicate as we are now :D
    I'll bring the dialling wands :/

or we could just use smart phones.. :p:D:pac:

or we could just use smart phones.. :p:D:pac:
    I still don't have one and I work in IT - oh the shame!! :(

Hopefully getting one at the end of this month or for Christmas - HTC Sensation I'd say :)

• Advertisement

oh bluewolf, meant to tell you they do blue, green, yellow, orange and red colours in Dunnes on Henry St, if you haven't found any of them.

thanks :) i need the special strong colours, are they those or the liquidy watery ones?
    the strong ones are over off grafton st... i duno do i want to bother heading over after work lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement