Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How rough is your area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I used to drive an ice cream van ,one particular place I worked in was so rough ,the instruction from the van owner was to " keep the last bullet for yourself "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I call Bull-Sh*t on alot of posts in this thread.
    Majority have been "yeah im in a rough area" - like come on! :rolleyes:
    Yes. Theres alot of kips in Dublin. Even Ireland. Heck the world. But for everyone to say their area is rough? :rolleyes:
    The whole world is a bit rough when you're the kind of basement dwelling nerd that frequents AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I grew up in a very poor area, although not in Ireland. True story, but pizza delivery guys would refuse to go out there as there had been a spate of muggings - for any cash on the driver and the pizzas.

We couldn't afford those sorts of pizzas anyway, so it made no difference to me.

:(:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

High street was smashed up during the riots the week before last, there were a few shootings recently, and there are some proper crazies in Brixton! But generally it's a nice area with a good spirit, you just have to keep your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My area was very rough. But nothing that 200 sheets of fine sandpaper couldn't fix. Took me a while, but it as smooth as later10's ass now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    The whole world is a bit rough when you're the kind of basement dwelling nerd that frequents AH.

what ? you dont believe me..I,ll have you know I delivered ice cream to Kabul....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ceez

I'm from a village that probably has the oldest population in Ireland - it can get rough enough. Sundays after mass, would be the most dangerous time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

ceez wrote: »
    I'm from a village that probably has the oldest population in Ireland - it can get rough enough. Sundays after mass, would be the most dangerous time :p
    Yes Maynooth is a kip alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

im from a nice area in tallaght, only ever got badly beaten up once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I was brought up in Peckham.

Do I win a prize ?

• Advertisement

I was brought up in Peckham.

Do I win a prize ?
    Congrats :D

del_boy_small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sandycove.
    Literally not in the least bit rough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I don't think New Ross is too rough, but people not from here seem to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Congrats :D

del_boy_small.jpg

Ah the Robin Reliant aka A Pencil Sharpener on Wheels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

How rough is your area?
    Not rough - definitely got a lot quieter more thou.
    This has come about since I became head of the residents association.
    I brought in immediate changes to my estate in regards security, procedures and liaised better with the Gardi and other people who with me, took care of some problems we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I live in quite a nice area with nice neighbours, one chav family from a council estate moved on to the road a few years ago (managed to make enough on the sale of their previous gaf to get a toehold in a decent area). You'd normally say "fair play to them for trying to improve their kids lives" but instead, they've tried to drag the place down to their level. "you can take the chav out of Ballymun but you can't take Ballymun out of the chav"

Who would that be now Andrew? :pac:

I'm dead serious, there's a few who I'd consider 'chavs' on this road :rolleyes:

Yes Maynooth is a kip alright

AYE!!!!:eek: Maynooth is my new home and I won't be leaving :D. I'm from somewhere in Wexford, that I won't be disclosing :p

Whats wrong with Maynooth? Let me guess Killcock? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

We had Ziggies nightclub a good few years ago in Dun Laoghaire.
    It closed and the area became habitable again.

AYE!!!!:eek: Maynooth is my new home and I won't be leaving :D. I'm from somewhere in Wexford, that I won't be disclosing :p

Whats wrong with Maynooth? Let me guess Killcock? :pac:
    Nope im in the deep south ;)

Nope im in the deep south ;)

Oooh, give me a clue? :pac:

• Advertisement

Oooh, give me a clue? :pac:
    Ok its a town with 7 letters in its name.

Ok its a town with 7 letters in its name.

Leixlip?

Leixlip?
    No, Leixlip is in north Kildare.

No, Leixlip is in north Kildare.

Is it? I'm lost! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Live in the country. Keys left in cars. Doors too lots of times. I would hate to live in some of those places.

its the back arse of no where isn't it? and your not going to tell me because your too ashamed. :p

Is it? I'm lost! :pac:
    Yes its near Dublin, I hope you don't stray too far from Maynooth or you will never get back :pac:

its the back arse of no where isn't it? and your not going to tell me because your too ashamed. :p
    Nope, and no I am proud to come from here

Yes its near Dublin, I hope you don't stray too far from Maynooth or you will never get back :pac:

Thats happened on a few occasions :p I need to get exploring more! :pac:

7 letters though? Come on shed some more light! :pac: and then I'll judge...

• Advertisement

Thats happened on a few occasions :p I need to get exploring more! :pac:

7 letters though? Come on shed some more light! :pac: and then I'll judge...
    Nope not putting that on here, too many lurkers around.;)

Advertisement