Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How rough is your area?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 landyup

not dangerous or rough, however.... loads of fcuking ill people who aren't well & should be away off someplace secure. The amount of people out on the streets, who aren't well & who are a danger to themselves is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Finglaaaaaaaaaaa......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

landyup wrote: »
    not dangerous or rough, however.... loads of fcuking ill people who aren't well & should be away off someplace secure. The amount of people out on the streets, who aren't well & who are a danger to themselves is shocking.

Why are you still posting under that account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 landyup

Samich wrote: »
    Why are you still posting under that account?

Nodin fears no race or order!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

clontarf is rough as **** i heard rumours drico grazed his knee once...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

My area is rough as the surface of my scrotum.

Take that Morgan Freeman, I got some sibilance in my description!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

My mate got a job as a bouncer on in this pub in town. As I walked up to the pub the other bouncer says to my mate, I will stop this one, he looks like a right hachet man, Of course he was verynice when my mate told him
    who I was. I live in a rough area but I get no hassle off any off the scums.
    My friends tell me I look like a nutter and thats why I get no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Where I live looks dodgy out but never had any trouble myself, except the odd egging or waterballooning. Still, I'd never walk home alone at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

landyup wrote: »
    Do you live on shutter island?If thats you Leonardo ,dont worry. a boat"s on the way.BTW If you get talking to an oul wan in a cave dont listen to her.She"ll wreck your fcukin head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Anyone else misread this thread as 'how rough is your arse?'

Smooth as a baby's backside.

(You'd know all about that, Ted)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

later10 wrote: »

Smooth as a baby's backside.

(You'd know all about that, Ted)

Thought I was the only one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Arklow is supposed to be a rough town, but I don't see that much. I usually feel pretty safe in most places on my own. My part of the town is exceptionally safe, there seems to be about 15 teenagers in about 170 houses, and most of us are fairly sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Dog rough, Heres a tale from the hood..

I remember one night I was out at my door with a neighbour and we saw a car pull in further up the street and I think my neighbour thought he knew the occupants, He thought his sister got out of the car and went into a house but strangely the guy walked down a garden and hopped through the bottom of the adjoining gardens to access the steps out onto the main road.

Now we thought that was strange. Did he not want to be seen ? Recognised ?

Well it gets stranger, A few minutes later we heard it all in reverse, He came up the steps and went through the gardens again.

So few days later I was walking down the adjoining main road and saw a Garda standing outside a flat with yellow tape and later that day they were searching the ditches and drains, They even searched my neighbours place, I soon discovered a man was missing and his body was later found in the next county.
    It was the scumbag murderer we saw that night.

He was returning to attempt to clean the evidence in the poor miss fortunate mans flat, So from following the court reports of the murder trial it seems the body had been in his car for a week so therefore it must have been in the boot that night only houses away from where we were standing, Thats creepy and in a strange twist it was my neighbours sister who was involved in it, Thats why his flat was searched.

The prick got life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

My area is so rough the Gardaì rob me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I grew up in such gems as Clonmel, Roscrea, Tralee and Newbridge. Anybody familiar with any of these areas will not need their roughness elaborated upon.

And although I now live in the relatively comfortable Dublin suburb of Ranelagh, I live in a former housing estate in close proximity to a household who (up until recently) had 24 hour police surveillance, for all the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I call Bull-Sh*t on alot of posts in this thread.
    Majority have been "yeah im in a rough area" - like come on! :rolleyes:
    Yes. Theres alot of kips in Dublin. Even Ireland. Heck the world. But for everyone to say their area is rough? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I grew up in such gems as Clonmel, Roscrea, Tralee and Newbridge. Anybody familiar with any of these areas will not need their roughness elaborated upon.

And although I now live in the relatively comfortable Dublin suburb of Ranelagh, I live in a former housing estate in close proximity to a household who (up until recently) had 24 hour police surveillance, for all the wrong reasons.

Clonmel is some mad hole alright, What happens in Clonmel stays in Clonmel so most people wouldn't associate it with scumness. But its only amongst a sh*tty element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I live in a very rough area, even the garda dogs walk around in two :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Not very. Wish I had some lunatics to watch instead of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I call Bull-Sh*t on alot of posts in this thread.
    Majority have been "yeah im in a rough area" - like come on! :rolleyes:
    Yes. Theres alot of kips in Dublin. Even Ireland. Heck the world. But for everyone to say their area is rough? :rolleyes:

Having lived in complete dumps... even with celtic tiger; Blanch will never change, Finglas will never change etc.

im the Burb's like most now so couldn't be happier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

no, but I did think it might be another ladygardening thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Pdfile wrote: »
    Having lived in complete dumps... even with celtic tiger; Blanch will never change, Finglas will never change etc.

im the Burb's like most now so couldn't be happier

I live in Blanch, how's it rough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

area's depend on before being more social, making looking like a more often that not impossible!

is that supposed to be one of those sentences that makes no sense?:confused:

I lived in Midleton. Godfather central!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I see at least three dog-fights a week in my estate....Dog wooooooof i tells ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

Naos wrote: »
    I live in Blanch, how's it rough?

Blanch is rough in every way. I spent thirteen of my adult years in that kip of a place and saw every sort of **** from low level anti-social behaviour right through to attempted murder and plenty in between.

Carry on denying that's it's a ****hole. I won't stop you. You're welcome to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I live in quite a nice area with nice neighbours, one chav family from a council estate moved on to the road a few years ago (managed to make enough on the sale of their previous gaf to get a toehold in a decent area). You'd normally say "fair play to them for trying to improve their kids lives" but instead, they've tried to drag the place down to their level. "you can take the chav out of Ballymun but you can't take Ballymun out of the chav"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Where I grew up is usually acknowledged as one of roughest areas in Dublin but where I live now is nice and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I live in Donegal. Its so cold in the D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

charlemont wrote: »
    Clonmel is some mad hole alright, What happens in Clonmel stays in Clonmel so most people wouldn't associate it with scumness. But its only amongst a sh*tty element.

I live in Clonmel and can testify to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Vizzy wrote: »
    Stepping back that far huh.

Were there bare footed urchins with chimney brushes as well ?

Well mister ... *wipes soot off cheek*

I have a few words for you ...

Consider yourself... at home
    Consider youself... one of the family
    We've taken to you... so strong
    It's clear we're going to get along
    Consider yourself... well in
    Consider yourself... part of the furniture
    There isn't a lot to spare
    Who cares?..What ever we've goin we share!

If it should chance to be
    We should see
    Some harder days
    Empty larder days
    Why grouse?
    Alsyas a-chance we'll meet
    Somebody
    To foot the bill
    Then the drinks are on the house!
    Consider yourself our mate
    We do't want to have no fuss,
    For after some consideration, we can state