Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

u must be in the county board.
    I stopped reading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

My take on the match here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Dan is not coming back, I won't believe anyone who says it even if Dan tells me himself. Rightfully so, his race is run. I appreciate the great things he did for Waterford in his peak but people have to accept that all good things must come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

Dan is not coming back, I won't believe anyone who says it even if Dan tells me himself. Rightfully so, his race is run. I appreciate the great things he did for Waterford in his peak but people have to accept that all good things must come to an end.

Ha ha, I mostly agree with you. I think it would be a different matter if we had a young team shorn of experience, and would benefit from a bit of experience in the dressing room. That said, I do not see too many options at full forward when Shane Walsh isn't there, so if he were interested and willing to play a restricted role, think he could be an effective impact sub at full forward.

In any case, the man well deserves his retirement, so people speculating on him coming back, I think we could do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

is it just me or does John sexton always have it for Waterford ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Link to story in the Examiner:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mullane-and-kelly-set-for-deise-return-186947.html

Very pleased to hear Power hasn't left the panel. Hopefully he will start now in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking[/Quote]

Dan coming back is pure bull.
    Adrian Power did walk off after the row he was back the following night.
    Noelie could be out for seaon it's not all good news yet.
    I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where do the rumours of players leaving come out of? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Waterford v Kilkenny highlights:

• Advertisement

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking

I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend[/QUOTE]

Id love to know who your sources are..

For starters Mullane announced publicly himself on RTE Radio 1 last month that hed be back after paddys weekend, but thanks all the same
    Power just missed a couple trainings because he had a thesis to hand up for college and was given permission to do so. this was blown out of all proportion as confirmed by Michael Ryan
    Noel Connors could miss the rest of the league, but will be back for the championship as confirmed by.... noel connors

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what e

I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend

Id love to know who your sources are..

For starters Mullane announced publicly himself on RTE Radio 1 last month that hed be back after paddys weekend, but thanks all the same
    Power just missed a couple trainings because he had a thesis to hand up for college and was given permission to do so. this was blown out of all proportion as confirmed by Michael Ryan
    Noel Connors could miss the rest of the league, but will be back for the championship as confirmed by.... noel connors

Use your head now why would Scully come out an say what really happened with power.. he'd be up to his balls in criticism from every one,I agree blown out of proportion but it happened. As for Noel he has a bulging disc which is effecting the sciatic nerve so he's not out of trouble yet I said he might miss season which could be the case if he needs the op. As for Mullane coming back or redser as we call him, did I claim to be the one who broke the news? just simply stating a fact. I am no bull****ter I could tell ye allsorts what's going on but what's the point.. My source is 110% yours by the sounds of it, is the Media i.e rte radio an Wlr fm but hey who's to know.. I'm sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing..

Any word on a team for sunday?

Hope to see a few changes. Hope Power gets a try in goals aswell give him 2 games at least the same as Iggy got

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone know the training times and places?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

deise_girl wrote: »

Tuesdays and Fridays at 7 in Carraiganore. They'll be out there tonight, as will the U21's.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Well do we have any chance on Sunday against Tipp, our confidence seems to be at an all time low it would be brilliant if we could get a win in Semple even a good showing would go a long way to restoring our pride. I wonder will many travel up fingers crossed for now. Club finals and rugby tomorrow should be a great day of sport and then Sunday whatever that will hold, hope it will be a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Cake Man wrote: »
    deise_girl wrote: »

Tuesdays and Fridays at 7 in Carraiganore. They'll be out there tonight, as will the U21's.

They only train two nights a week?

They only train two nights a week?

Well yeah but I'm sure the other nights are spent in the gym or other types of training and then a match at the weekend. I believe that's what most counties do.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

ill be going..win lose or draw Hon the deise.
    they need us now more than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Tipperary in Div 1A of the Allianz Hurling League on Sunday in Semple Stadium, Thurles.

StephenO’Keeffe Ballygunner
    DarraghFives Tourin
    Liam Lawlor Fourmilewater
    PhilipMahony Ballygunner
    Tony Browne Mount Sion
    Kevin Moran De La Salle
    Jamie Nagle Dungarvan
    MichaelWalsh Stradbally CAPTAIN
    StephenMolumphy Ballyduff Upper
    Shane O’Sullivan Ballygunner
    Shane Walsh Fourmilewater
    GavinO’Brien Roanmore
    MauriceShanahan Lismore
    MartinO’Neill Mount Sion
    PaulO’Brien Tallow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

I want to bang my head off the table having seen that lineup. Surely they won't lineup like that positionally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Looks like the experiments with Philip Mahony in the corner and Brick at CF are set to continue...good to see Sully back in the lineup at least. Anyone know why Pauric Mahony is not in, is he on the bench or injured? He's played a lot of hurling recently and could probably do with a breather. Not particularly optimistic about Sunday but at least we are getting closer to having everyone fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Waterford supporters going to Thurles on Sunday are asked to enter the town from Holy Cross. The St Patrick's Day Parade will take place in Thurles on Sunday and there will be no traffic in the area around the square. Traffic entering from the Holy Cross side will be diverted by the Old Sugar Factory road.

Ah they surely won't line up as named there. 1-7 will most likely stay as is. GOB, Shane Walsh and MON FF line. HF line of probably Maurice, Brick and Molumphy/Sully. POB and Molumphy/Sully midfield. Would have liked to see Ringo corner back and push either Philip or Darragh to wing back instead of Nagle.
    Good to see SOK getting a run on goal, had a feeling he'd start as Iggy was peppering him with shots all through training this evening. Not sure if Paudric is injured or what. We'll need MON to be dead accurate from frees as we'll need everything we can get in Thurles. I'll be travelling up in hope more than expectation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

Can'nt believe Jamie Nagle is back in again, starting to feel like a merry go round with himself and dec, wouldnt mind seeing brick back in the middle though and pual o Brien in the corner,but who knows how they will actually line out

doz wrote: »
    Anyone know why Pauric Mahony is not in, is he on the bench or injured? He's played a lot of hurling recently and could probably do with a breather.

Missed 4 frees the last day. When hes missing frees theres not a whole lot of reasons to play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

Missed 4 frees the last day. When hes missing frees theres not a whole lot of reasons to play him.

Yes, after all, what would be the point of giving a young promising lad some gametime, and letting him grow into the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

will i go to fraher field or semple stadium tomorrow, not sure yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

That's a ridiculous comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Yes, after all, what would be the point of giving a young promising lad some gametime, and letting him grow into the game..
    i agree gametime me arse its scores we need if he cant take them step aside let someone who can do it ,do it also he missed one out of his hand in between the frees should have been taken off them after second one dose not contribute enough from play can be thankful he plays for waterford ,cause he would have blown his chance in a kk team long ago ,handy free taker but we have tonnes of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement