Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Thanks Angel for the interview from Decco. The show is not the same without the presence of the family. I thought Cass was so funny when he was trying to get away from Eileen Bishop. Leo's reaction to their 'date' was funny. Sean looked great in the suit. Louie - Don't give up shaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Poor Wayne, His mother seemed a bit heartless towards him. Her decision seems strange for a woman who lost two children in tragic circumstances.
    I thought her only son would be even more important to her now. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this storyline develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is anyone else wondering how Christy's shop is now so big and wide? I mean, unless he acquired the adjoining premises and knocked through to it, I can't see how his new shop can be so spacious, unless the guys at Spar are also magicians on top of everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I can actually sympathise with Wayne on this one re Dolores giving her money away. I'd be the same myself. It might sound selfish but I can see where he's coming from...

How much Savings does Dolores have? She did get money from the garage when harry died but that was years ago and she hasn't worked for years apart from doing esthers hair/wig. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

deelite wrote: »
    How much Savings does Dolores have? She did get money from the garage when harry died but that was years ago and she hasn't worked for years apart from doing esthers hair/wig. :D
    ...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Monday an interview with one of the actresses, talking about how insecure the job is, and how people can get axed at any moment.

Wednesday Christy opens a shop with SIXTEEN staff.

Are we about to see a flood of new characters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Monday an interview with one of the actresses, talking about how insecure the job is, and how people can get axed at any moment.

Wednesday Christy opens a shop with SIXTEEN staff.

Are we about to see a flood of new characters?

Haven't seen the episode but surely they are all extras. Fair City don't pay the extras, a different company does ;)

To be honest, Fair City have culled a lot of people in recent months. They have got rid of Barry, Denzo, Mark, David to name but a few :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

patwicklow wrote: »
    how many? 4 or 5 lol admit it though its crap aint it :D

Why be so dismissive..?

Why be so dismissive..?

It's so crap, they just have to join the cool crowd! :D

I don't like XFactor but don't feel the need to join Xfactor threads to bitch about it, if you don't like it, change the channel :P

Is anyone else wondering how Christy's shop is now so big and wide? I mean, unless he acquired the adjoining premises and knocked through to it, I can't see how his new shop can be so spacious, unless the guys at Spar are also magicians on top of everything else?

I think he built back into the bottom floor of his house. It does look vast though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

deelite wrote: »

Wouldn't she have the money from the sale of her house? Harry could have had life insurance and she'd have her widow's pension each week. I'd say she's comfortable week to week with a bit of a nest egg behind her for security and occasional treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

couple of points....

felt last nights spar episode was very weak overall. a complete episode virtually dedicated to a shop opening....cause they are the new sponsers of fair city?...could clearly see special offer signs all over the 'shop'...no pun intended....are they available in all spar shops or just the FC one!!.... i wanted to run around to my 'spar' and buy some chocolate it all was so neat and tidy.... but the rubish between louis and the bloke from brookie, was pathetic....this is the mad who 'stole' christys fiancee?.... and hes grand about all that now!!! carol is sorry she cant make it shes asleep...the best excuse ive heard in a soap so far on how to explain a key characters absence when its obvious they should be there.....

so charlie bella and cas live in the same house then?...is this right...who owns it.... who sold theirs.... the one who sold his must be loaded now.... but they all act like they havent a penny....and who is cas anyway...i thought he was just a random elderly man who sponges off the other two....is he related to bella?...whats this thing about him
    being rachaels granddad?....

love wayne. he's one of my favourites and so natural a great actor. him and yvonne are excellent. but whats the story with dolores and all her money?....where did it all come from.... insurance for her two dead children and dead husband and the sale of her house? i imagine....and who is this cloe who is getting half the money?....the girl who was sniffing around wayne and damien.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    and who is cas anyway...i thought he was just a random elderly man who sponges off the other two....is he related to bella?...whats this thing about him

He's Niamh and Sean's grandfather. So with Niamh adopting Rachel, Cass becomes her great-grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think he built back into the bottom floor of his house. It does look vast though.

I can understand how the shop looks longer, as he knocked back into his living room but I can't understand how the shop is so wide because the old shop was much narrower. Suspension of disbelief required, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did Christy ever get the bail money returned to him from Brendan? Think it was 40000. Couple of months ago when he was drinking heavily he had no money to pay Sean or restock the shop, now he is able to make this massive investment!

I can understand how the shop looks longer, as he knocked back into his living room but I can't understand how the shop is so wide because the old shop was much narrower. Suspension of disbelief required, I suppose.

Have you forgotten how big the Dillons house was :eek: seeing as it used to be Dolores old place... realism out the window :D

iceblue wrote: »
    couple of points....

felt last nights spar episode was very weak overall. a complete episode virtually dedicated to a shop opening....cause they are the new sponsers of fair city?...could clearly see special offer signs all over the 'shop'...no pun intended....are they available in all spar shops or just the FC one!!.... i wanted to run around to my 'spar' and buy some chocolate it all was so neat and tidy.... but the rubish between louis and the bloke from brookie, was pathetic....this is the mad who 'stole' christys fiancee?.... and hes grand about all that now!!! carol is sorry she cant make it shes asleep...the best excuse ive heard in a soap so far on how to explain a key characters absence when its obvious they should be there.....

so charlie bella and cas live in the same house then?...is this right...who owns it.... who sold theirs.... the one who sold his must be loaded now.... but they all act like they havent a penny....and who is cas anyway...i thought he was just a random elderly man who sponges off the other two....is he related to bella?...whats this thing about him

love wayne. he's one of my favourites and so natural a great actor. him and yvonne are excellent. but whats the story with dolores and all her money?....where did it all come from.... insurance for her two dead children and dead husband and the sale of her house? i imagine....and who is this cloe who is getting half the money?....the girl who was sniffing around wayne and damien.....

Carol has just had a baby so mothers of young babies do get very tired you know!!

Cleo was taken in by Dolores when she was younger, she was living on the streets prior to that. Dolores was like a mother to her.

angel01 wrote: »
    Have you forgotten how big the Dillons house was :eek: seeing as it used to be Dolores old place... realism out the window :D

Tardis Builders, contact Pete or Damo and turn your hut into a mansion. No space too small.

Tardis Builders, contact Pete or Damo and turn your hut into a mansion. No space too small.

I know. I knew when they redid the shop, it would look ridiculously bigger than the last one (IMO the last one never looked like a shop :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Couple of months ago when he was drinking heavily he had no money to pay Sean or restock the shop, now he is able to make this massive investment!

That's a good point... Maybe Carrigstown Credit Union is back lending to small businesses again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I felt sorry for Bela last night when Cas and Rachel were on about the adoption

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

angel01 wrote: »

Maybe they built on an extension!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I kinda lost interest in Fair city there for a while. What happened with Robert and Sasha did they get together finally? Did it not last?
    Keep reading up that Sash and Dean get together bit of a weird pairing? Glad that sash has some chance of happiness for Christmas! Or will she try to get with Robert rather than Dean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

The scene in the street with Bob and Louie was so panto!
    Good point about Dolores. As someone who has lost 2 daughters, you would think she would treat Wayne a bit better. I know he is a bit of a jack-the-lad, always looking for schemes, but he is not a bad lad. She should cut him a bit of slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

max life wrote: »
    The scene in the street with Bob and Louie was so panto!
    Good point about Dolores. As someone who has lost 2 daughters, you would think she would treat Wayne a bit better. I know he is a bit of a jack-the-lad, always looking for schemes, but he is not a bad lad. She should cut him a bit of slack.

Ah, but your forgetting the sense of purpose Cleo gave to Dolores, she certainly is unlikely to get that from Wayne who is only out for himself. (Maybe I'm a bit harsh on the character)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

cofy wrote: »
    Ah, but your forgetting the sense of purpose Cleo gave to Dolores, she certainly is unlikely to get that from Wayne who is only out for himself. (Maybe I'm a bit harsh on the character)
    I know she thinks of Cleo as a daughter but she isnt her daughter. Anyways, she has very rarely mentioned Cleo since she left. She still treats Wayne very badly.
    ( Her hair is dire aswell for a woman in her sixties )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

max life wrote: »
    I know she thinks of Cleo as a daughter but she isnt her daughter. Anyways, she has very rarely mentioned Cleo since she left. She still treats Wayne very badly.
    ( Her hair is dire aswell for a woman in her sixties )
    Delores is in her sixties??
    As far as I remember Cleo only moved to Mullingar, hardly a million miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Have you got their number ? I have a box room that I want to turn into a spare living room/bedroom/office/walk in wardrobe......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This doesnt suiit Christy to be all bossy and such, we know him for years and this story line does not suit him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

First everyone was eating it the bristro then it was the hungry pig and now everyone is lining up for rolls in spar:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement